Pooleyc881

EB3 Interview Questions

8 posts in this topic

Hi there,

We had our EB3 interview last week (unskilled category)

We were asked about 5 questions

1 - when did I have my interview - late 2019

2 - how did I find the job 

3 - did I pay for the job offer - no 

4 - will I be deducted any money once I start work with the employer - no

5 - is this the type of work that I usually do? - no, as this is an unskilled visa I have not done this type of job before, however, I have knowledge of the skills that are required for this type of work

You must wear a face mask to enter the embassy.

When they check your docs at the front of the embassy, before you go through the airport style security, they tell you to go to the front of the queue, they mean go through the big doors and go to the front desk.

There will be lots of people queuing up - these are all non immigrant visa people. Go past all of them and wait to the side of the desk and they will call you forward.

You will then get your number and be directed to the next stage

Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

1 hour ago, greendoor said:

Hi there,

We had our EB3 interview last week (unskilled category)

We were asked about 5 questions

1 - when did I have my interview - late 2019

2 - how did I find the job 

3 - did I pay for the job offer - no 

4 - will I be deducted any money once I start work with the employer - no

5 - is this the type of work that I usually do? - no, as this is an unskilled visa I have not done this type of job before, however, I have knowledge of the skills that are required for this type of work

You must wear a face mask to enter the embassy.

When they check your docs at the front of the embassy, before you go through the airport style security, they tell you to go to the front of the queue, they mean go through the big doors and go to the front desk.

There will be lots of people queuing up - these are all non immigrant visa people. Go past all of them and wait to the side of the desk and they will call you forward.

You will then get your number and be directed to the next stage

Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

Thank you this super helpful as I'm doing the unskilled visa as well.

Did you get your results the same day? 

Yes - we got told on the day of the interview  - he said something like - 'I'll approve your visa' - very matter of factly! It was very relaxed and not as bad as we thought. Although we had many many sleepless nights of worry! And we didn't sleep the night before at all!!

Where are you headed to for your unskilled visa?

We are going at the end of June! Can't wait to start our adventure!!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hopefully I'm not too late to chime in. We had our EB-3 (skilled worker) interview in late December last year and these were the questions we were asked:

• Who is hiring you?
  • How did you find this job?
  • What do you do for this company? (I had to give a brief explanation of my position within the company)
  • What's your college / university background?
  • Have you ever lived in the States before?
  • Do you have family members currently living in the States?
  • Who are immigrating with you? (she didn't ask any questions to my wife though)

I'm from Guatemala and not many employment-based green cards are approved there so I guess that's why the officer was very interested in what my company does and what my position within the company is, she also checked very closely the job offer letter I brought. Once she figured that the job is legit and everything was in order she approved us. We did not spend even 10 minutes in there.

Best of luck on your upcoming interview!

2018-08-14: I-140 sent

2018-08-17: I-140 NOA1

2018-12-31: I-140 RFE

2019-02-13: I-140 RFE reply sent

2019-03-21: I-140 Approved

2020-04-22: NVC received

2021-11-19: NVC left

2021-12-20: Interview date (approved)

2021-12-29: Visa received

2022-04-17: US Entry

• 1 month later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 4/12/2022 at 3:20 AM, sauldelgado said:

Hopefully I'm not too late to chime in. We had our EB-3 (skilled worker) interview in late December last year and these were the questions we were asked:

• Who is hiring you?
  • How did you find this job?
  • What do you do for this company? (I had to give a brief explanation of my position within the company)
  • What's your college / university background?
  • Have you ever lived in the States before?
  • Do you have family members currently living in the States?
  • Who are immigrating with you? (she didn't ask any questions to my wife though)

I'm from Guatemala and not many employment-based green cards are approved there so I guess that's why the officer was very interested in what my company does and what my position within the company is, she also checked very closely the job offer letter I brought. Once she figured that the job is legit and everything was in order she approved us. We did not spend even 10 minutes in there.

Best of luck on your upcoming interview!

Hello. How long did you wait for your passport to be returned after your interview?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 6/4/2022 at 11:04 PM, jcm122 said:

Hello. How long did you wait for your passport to be returned after your interview?

We waited 10 days. Our interview was on December 20 so add a couple extra days to regular processing times for Christmas holidays, but it was fairly quick.

2018-08-14: I-140 sent

2018-08-17: I-140 NOA1

2018-12-31: I-140 RFE

2019-02-13: I-140 RFE reply sent

2019-03-21: I-140 Approved

2020-04-22: NVC received

2021-11-19: NVC left

2021-12-20: Interview date (approved)

2021-12-29: Visa received

2022-04-17: US Entry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.