BYRON-LEIDY

Phone records

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

OK, my question here is this. i have read in some forums that phone records is a great way to show proof of relationship..my situatin is different...i buy calling cards because it is way more economical...i have kept all the used calling cards since we met about 5 months ago...will this be sufficient to them??

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I use online calling cards. Each time I call MS, the (800) number appears on my phone bill. I have saved the receipts for each calling card order (it's calling card access, rather than an actual card) as well as each month's phone bills. The (800) number calls are highlighted on each bill which demonstrate how often I speak with MS. The calling card evidence, though, is part of a larger submittal package, which in aggregate will demonstrate a genuine, ongoing relationship. I hope.

MM and MS

OK, my question here is this. i have read in some forums that phone records is a great way to show proof of relationship..my situatin is different...i buy calling cards because it is way more economical...i have kept all the used calling cards since we met about 5 months ago...will this be sufficient to them??

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I use online calling cards. Each time I call MS, the (800) number appears on my phone bill. I have saved the receipts for each calling card order (it's calling card access, rather than an actual card) as well as each month's phone bills. The (800) number calls are highlighted on each bill which demonstrate how often I speak with MS. The calling card evidence, though, is part of a larger submittal package, which in aggregate will demonstrate a genuine, ongoing relationship. I hope.

MM and MS

Im going to have to request my cell phone company to send me cpies of my bills...that is the only place that the 800 calling card number will show up...i work as a residential manager and my phone bill is paid by the company so i dont have any copies of the land line phone bills

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

MM and MS

Im going to have to request my cell phone company to send me cpies of my bills...that is the only place that the 800 calling card number will show up...i work as a residential manager and my phone bill is paid by the company so i dont have any copies of the land line phone bills

i did the same thing for many months of our relationship. i highlighted the sections on my mobile phone bill that said: 1800______ and i attached a few copies of the phone cards i was using.

another good option is to use an online card that records the number you call, how long, what date, etc. i switched to joinvip.com and they have their own version of a phone bill so i printed those out. there are other kinds like this around too. good luck!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Calling cards aren't going to help unless you can acquire the actual phone numbers you were calling. I called Claudeth a lot but did it through my land line so had detailed records. My phone company offered a very reasonable monthly rate to call the Philippines but I still spent over $300 a month. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

You want to buy a stack of phone cards?

Phone cards aren't good proof as anyone could have bought them and used them. If you are still in the process get a long distance carrier like AT+T where the bills show the number you called.

Call once a day or so and talk for a short time if you are hurting for bucks. Then use a phone card for longer conversations.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree, phone cards don't prove anything unless you have some kind of record showing your fiancée's phone number on it. But don't worry too much about it, there have been several VJ members who've gone to Bogotá recently for their wives'/fiancée's interviews, and this type of evidence was not requested by the CO.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Byron-Leidy,

My situation is similar to yours...I have quite a few used calling cards in my "pile of stuff" for the interview. But, I do not think the embassy is going to ask for them...they are more interested in seeing the proof of an ongoing relationship in photo format. With the "stuff" that you will accumulate over time, you should have sufficient "evidence" by the time of your interview in Bogota. Save EVERYTHING!! Even if they did ask for "phone records"...I'd show them my calling cards and say, "Who do you think I would be calling in Colombia?" I found that calling cards are the best option for me...and the least expensive. :whistle: I call my wife 2 times every day and we talk for 5 - 10 minutes...the cards last about a week or two. Also, we do a lot of online chatting on MSN Messenger. You could print out the logs...BUT mine would take a small wagon to cart them into the Embassy!! I think a few of these showing various dates/times in your relationship would suffice. And....you may never even get asked for them. Some people I've spoken with have said the interview was VERY EASY and SIMPLE. Just walk up to the window hand in hand (or whatever) with your stuff...act like two people who are madly in love (because you ARE IN LOVE) ...present your photos, answer a couple of simple questions and APROBADO!!!!! When you are at the Embassy, your Visa Journey is nearly over!!!! :thumbs:

Sincere Best Wishes,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I've gone through a particular calling card company and never had any problems getting the calling records from them. I guess it depends on which company you go through.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

I've gone through a particular calling card company and never had any problems getting the calling records from them. I guess it depends on which company you go through.

what company do you use? my company (sprint pcs) doesnt give reciepts AT ALL...very annoying...does joinvip give allow you to print a reciept that states the numbers of all calls made? anyone know of a phone card company (with reasonable rates---right now i pay 5 cents a minute to an Italian cell phone) that provides such itemized lists???

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.