HBundle

Case Not Updated After Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We had our AOS interview on 2/14 and were told that it would be approved; however as of today 3/5, the case tracker still has not updated and reads "Interview Scheduled." From reading on the forum, it seems that most people get an update on the case tracker within a few days or even 24 hours to show "Approved."

Is this something I should be concerned about?  Is this more common than I am aware?

To clarify further, I am not talking about the time from interview to receiving the greencard (though we are definitely eager to get the greencard in order to be able to visit family), rather I am talking about the case status.  I'm assuming that we will have to wait a few weeks once the case updates to finally receive the greencard. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/5/2022 at 8:39 PM, HBundle said:

We had our AOS interview on 2/14 and were told that it would be approved; however as of today 3/5, the case tracker still has not updated and reads "Interview Scheduled." From reading on the forum, it seems that most people get an update on the case tracker within a few days or even 24 hours to show "Approved."

Is this something I should be concerned about?  Is this more common than I am aware?

To clarify further, I am not talking about the time from interview to receiving the greencard (though we are definitely eager to get the greencard in order to be able to visit family), rather I am talking about the case status.  I'm assuming that we will have to wait a few weeks once the case updates to finally receive the greencard. Hopefully I'm wrong!

We had our interview in Nashville almost 2 weeks ago with no issues and our case still shows Interview Was Scheduled on the status page.

I'm beginning to think that Tennessee is just really slow with this whole process.

We were asked (separately) to provide last year's taxes for my K-2 step son (brought them with us for this interview) before the interview, but the lady that interviewed us didn't seem to think that would have anything to do with our AOS for my wife.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/8/2022 at 10:25 AM, KnoxThai said:

We had our interview in Nashville almost 2 weeks ago with no issues and our case still shows Interview Was Scheduled on the status page.

I'm beginning to think that Tennessee is just really slow with this whole process.

We were asked (separately) to provide last year's taxes for my K-2 step son (brought them with us for this interview) before the interview, but the lady that interviewed us didn't seem to think that would have anything to do with our AOS for my wife.

Any updates for you? Ours still hasn't updated. Our attorney seems to think there may be an issue but unclear what our next steps might be...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, HBundle said:

Any updates for you? Ours still hasn't updated. Our attorney seems to think there may be an issue but unclear what our next steps might be...

The status changed on 10 March to "New Card Is Being Produced" and then a day or two later to "Card Mailed".

She received her card about 6 days later.

She was communicating with her friends on Facebook and the time frames seemed to vary by state.

She did begin to worry a little when nothing changed on the status page early on, but I kept reminding her that everything was fine and she would get her card. My mother always told me "no news is good news". While not always correct, it is better to believe that than to think something is wrong.

I don't know if there is precedence to contact USCIS after a certain amount of time in this case, but maybe that's something you can look into.

Good luck. Be well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.