jamyleandkhadijah

I have had my interview!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got to the consulate very early this morning about 6:30am we were called in around 7:00am, we had to sit in a hall that was very cold, i could hardly bear it lol..Anyways i was # IV3 i was called to window 11 at exactly 12:15pm it's such a long period of waiting in there.... The 1st question the CO asked me was , where did we meet, becos they already had my infomation in 2005 when we applied for K1 but for some reasons they did give me the visa so we had to file for K3, so she has most of the asnwers to the questions like, how did we meet, what my wife does, and so many of such, the CO ask me different questions which i wasnt expecting to come accross in a K3 visa intreview the questions are as follows.....

CO: A lady in the US is petitioning for you to come stay with her in the US is that right?

ME: Yes ma'am

CO:Do you emails from your wife?

ME: No ma'am we mostly talk on the phone

CO: DO you have the phone bills which shows her call to you in Nigeria?

ME: Yea ma'am

CO: How many children you intend to have ?

ME: 3

CO: How do you intend discipline your children?

ME: By correcting them and show them the right thing to do

CO: When does your wife wake up in the morning?

ME: I said 5am

CO: Why?

ME: Becos she has to say her praying at that time?

CO: What is her religion

ME: Muslim

CO: Does he have a praying rag?

ME: Yes

CO: What does she study at school?

ME: Social Sciences and Secretary job,

CO:Do you have more proof of your relationship?

ME: I said that all i gat right now

CO: The telephone bills i have here are from 2005 i need some recent ones, I need to make sure that you and wife are still communcating

CO:You have photographs of you and your wife?

CO: May i see them

ME: Sure(I had two albums of photos of me and my wife her entire family and my family)

CO: I just need to make sure that you are still communicating with your wife

ME: I can get you more proof of our relationship if you want that

CO: Yea i will be giving you a chance to proof that

ME: Okay ma'am

CO:Do you have your medical results yet?

ME: No ma'am i was told to come on the 27th to get it

She handed me a white paper showing the items she needs from me to show that i still have an ongoing relationship with my wife. The items are, Emails from my wife to me,Postmarked stamped,transcripts of our chats,photographs,phone bills atleats 6months back until present time....I asked, Ma'am when do i bring this documents back she said come any friday by 7am with your proofs and your medical results...........So i and my wife had agreed for me to return to the consulate 3rd of august which is a friday since i will be getting my medicals on the 27th, this will give us time to get more proof of an ongoing relationship btw me and wife... Any piece of advice would be appreciated as usual.

Regards,

Jamil

Met online

Filed for K1--> Denied 2005

-------------------------------------------

Married and filed for K3 2006

Got K3 this time --->August 2007

Entered the US-----> September 2007

Waiting to Adjust Status--->..............

***Live Like You Are Going To Die Tomorrow,

Dream Like You Are Going To Live Forever!***

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I got to the consulate very early this morning about 6:30am we were called in around 7:00am, we had to sit in a hall that was very cold, i could hardly bear it lol..Anyways i was # IV3 i was called to window 11 at exactly 12:15pm it's such a long period of waiting in there.... The 1st question the CO asked me was , where did we meet, becos they already had my infomation in 2005 when we applied for K1 but for some reasons they did give me the visa so we had to file for K3, so she has most of the asnwers to the questions like, how did we meet, what my wife does, and so many of such, the CO ask me different questions which i wasnt expecting to come accross in a K3 visa intreview the questions are as follows.....

CO: A lady in the US is petitioning for you to come stay with her in the US is that right?

CO:Do you emails from your wife?

ME: No ma'am we mostly talk on the phone

CO: DO you have the phone bills which shows her call to you in Nigeria?

ME: Yea ma'am

CO: How many children you intend to have ?

ME: 3

CO: How do you intend discipline your children?

ME: By correcting them and show them the right thing to do

CO: When does your wife wake up in the morning?

ME: I said 5am

CO: Why?

ME: Becos she has to say her praying at that time?

CO: What is her religion

ME: Muslim

CO: Does he have a praying rag?

ME: Yes

CO: What does she study at school?

ME: Social Sciences and Secretary job,

CO:Do you have more proof of your relationship?

ME: I said that all i gat right now

CO: The telephone bills i have here are from 2005 i need some recent ones, I need to make sure that you and wife are still communcating

CO:You have photographs of you and your wife?

CO: May i see them

ME: Sure(I had two albums of photos of me and my wife her entire family and my family)

CO: I just need to make sure that you are still communicating with your wife

ME: I can get you more proof of our relationship if you want that

CO: Yea i will be giving you a chance to proof that

ME: Okay ma'am

CO:Do you have your medical results yet?

ME: No ma'am i was told to come on the 27th to get it

She handed me a white paper showing the items she needs from me to show that i still have an ongoing relationship with my wife. The items are, Emails from my wife to me,Postmarked stamped,transcripts of our chats,photographs,phone bills atleats 6months back until present time....I asked, Ma'am when do i bring this documents back she said come any friday by 7am with your proofs and your medical results...........So i and my wife had agreed for me to return to the consulate 3rd of august which is a friday since i will be getting my medicals on the 27th, this will give us time to get more proof of an ongoing relationship btw me and wife... Any piece of advice would be appreciated as usual.

Regards,

Jamil

Just do exactly what they ask you to do. Give them more current telephone bills and any other evidence you can think of that indicates you have an ongoing relationship. At some point, she made a second trip and you got married. The most important evidence of communication will be dated after the marriage, after the petition was filed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey sounds like a good thing. Any progress towards the goal is a good one. Good luck w your Journey, looks like it's almost over. :)

Timeline

--------------------

01/03/07 Married :)

03/15/07 Mailed I130

03/22/07 Received NOA1 for I130

04/25/07 Received Transfer Notice to VSC for I129F

05/29/07 Touched I130

05/30/07 Touched 129F

06/23/07 Joined this great site

06/25/07 Touched I130

06/25/07 Got notice in the email that they need more information for the I130 and that they sent me a letter in the mail (RFE)

06/26/07 Touched I130

07/05/07 Got the RFE in mail

07/06/07 Mailed out the evidence required in the RFE

07/12/07 My wife got the PCC done at her local Passport office :)

07/12/07 Touched I130 "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

07/16/07 Touched I130

07/17/07 Touched I130

08/07/07 Called for RFE info. They said not yet, and will have something in the mail by 3-4 weeks :(

08/15/07 I130 Approved!!! Woo Hoo!!! Finally....

09/28/07 I129F Approved!!!

10/04/07 Oct 4th NVC Sent K3 Info. To The Consulate

Nov 1st Interview Date

Nov 6th VISA APPROVED! & in hand

Arrived in NJ on Nov 10th

Baby due date is January 8th!

FIRST, thank you for sharing this experience; it will certainly help a lot of people

As to the phone bill, your wife can obtain them online, that's now standard in US phone companies.

More proof, would be the following

- A witness

- I can be more creative too, if you have your wife's name on your mirage ring.

- Any money transfer receipt.

Anything you can think of that may proof your mirage and continues relationship,

and I wish you and all of us a fast, good and smooth case.

Edited by wintime

[...Life without my WIFE... Like fifty without FIVE...=0]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Jamil, my first piece of advice is for you to have your wife attend the next inteview with you. This will show that there is a strong committment from her to have you join her in the US. Also, you MUST show them proof that you have seen each other in the last two years. So have her send or bring copies of her entrie stamps on her passports, boarding passes from her flights to Nigeria, hotel reciepts if they are avialable. Phone records are highly importatant. You and her need to locate any and all phone records to prove that you talk to each other. Letters with postmarks, birthday cards and the like. If she attends the interview, be sure you review all of the interview questions posted in the guides on VJ for K3 and AOS. They may ask you any of those. DON'T TAKE THIS LIGHTLY. If you really want to join your wife and vice versa, you must overwhelm them with evidence and your wife must do everything she can to travel to the embassy for that interview, this may even involve you postponing the interview for a later date in order for her to arrage travel.

My husband was given the same white form in January and I traveled to his next interview in Februrary. We were interviewed extensively and still he was denied the visa. I made a huge amount of noise with my congressman and with his help I've secured another interview. This time I'm going in with EVERY shred of evidence of our relationship.

If your case is returned to Washington after this second interview it could be 18mos to 2 years before you have another opportunity to interview.

Also, if you've had a previous denial (K1), you may want to have your wife seek the services of a qualified attorney. She will need one that specializes in revocations and denials. PM me if you need some suggestions.

Good Luck

Dre

7/19/06 - Married in Medellin

9/4/06 - Submitted I-130

9/18/06 - NOA1 Recieved

9/25/06 - Submitted I-129F

9/27/06 - NOA1 Recieved

11/22/06 - NOA2 Recieved for BOTH I-129F & I-130(APPROVED!!!)

1/22/07 - 1st Interview in Bogota (221g Issued, new appointment scheduled)

02/16/07 - 2nd Interview (Visa Denied)

2/21/07 - Contacted Senator Saxby Chambliss GA for Assitance

7/23/07 - 3rd Interview - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

11/13/07 - POE - JFK

AOS...A new journey begins

2/7/08 - AOS Officially In Mail _ Overnight Mail to Chicgo

2/8/08 - Recieved in Chicago

2/14/08 - NOA1 Recieved

3/11/08 - Biometrics Appointment

4/11/08 - Recv'd Email - EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered

4/15/08 - Recv'd EAD Card, Applied for SS Card

4/21/08 - Recv'd SS Card

4/20/09 - Interview Date

6/12/09 - AOS Approved

7/25/09 - Received Green Card in Mail

4/23/11 - 2nd Interview - Approved Lifted Conditions

12/13/2012 - Naturalization Ceremony (FINALLY OVER)

Timeline
Jamil, my first piece of advice is for you to have your wife attend the next inteview with you. This will show that there is a strong committment from her to have you join her in the US. Also, you MUST show them proof that you have seen each other in the last two years. So have her send or bring copies of her entrie stamps on her passports, boarding passes from her flights to Nigeria, hotel reciepts if they are avialable. Phone records are highly importatant. You and her need to locate any and all phone records to prove that you talk to each other. Letters with postmarks, birthday cards and the like. If she attends the interview, be sure you review all of the interview questions posted in the guides on VJ for K3 and AOS. They may ask you any of those. DON'T TAKE THIS LIGHTLY. If you really want to join your wife and vice versa, you must overwhelm them with evidence and your wife must do everything she can to travel to the embassy for that interview, this may even involve you postponing the interview for a later date in order for her to arrage travel.

My husband was given the same white form in January and I traveled to his next interview in Februrary. We were interviewed extensively and still he was denied the visa. I made a huge amount of noise with my congressman and with his help I've secured another interview. This time I'm going in with EVERY shred of evidence of our relationship.

If your case is returned to Washington after this second interview it could be 18mos to 2 years before you have another opportunity to interview.

Also, if you've had a previous denial (K1), you may want to have your wife seek the services of a qualified attorney. She will need one that specializes in revocations and denials. PM me if you need some suggestions.

Good Luck

Dre

Dre thank you very much for your advice, did the embassy ever give you a reason for your husband's denial at the second interview? There must be a reason for the denial or sort of please tell me what they say or why they deny him the visa.

Met online

Timeline

When you go back with all the information remain calm. My husband had his interview in Lagos, and we showed over 400 emails, phone bills, and copies of calling cards. Bring everything that they have listed on the paper and it will be a success. Good Luck!

Consulate : Nigeria

Marriage : 2006-07-27

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-08-26

I-129F Sent : 2006-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-10-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-12-01

NVC Received : 2006-12-12

NVC Left : 2006-12-13

Consulate Received : 2007-02-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-02-08

Interview Date : 2007-04-23

I-130 Approval : 2006-10-26

Timeline
When you go back with all the information remain calm. My husband had his interview in Lagos, and we showed over 400 emails, phone bills, and copies of calling cards. Bring everything that they have listed on the paper and it will be a success. Good Luck!

Thank you africa queen.. The point is i and my wife talk on the phone mostly and on Y!M we hardly email ourselves,. You think if i show them the recent telephone bills, IM chat conversations,recent pictures of her and her family, Western Union receipt,DHL receipt,cards, would that be enough??

Regards,

Jamil

Met online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Omoba, I'm curious about the money transfers. I send my fiance money all the time. Is that not evidence of support? He never sends money to me because he doesn't have any (lol). I've heard of other people including their money transfers. Have you heard something different?

Thanks

careful with money transfers changing hands.

December 15, 2006- Travelled to Nigeria

December 24, 2006- Got Engaged!

December 28-2006-Filed I-129F

January 8, 2007-Packet Received

January 12, 20007-Official Receipt date

March 27,2007-2nd Visit to Nigeria

April 2, 2007- We received our approval while I was in Nigeria!!!

April 23, 2007-NVC received approval

May 9, 2007-Packet sent to Nigeria

May 23, 2007-Touched by Nigeria

May 23, 2007- Interview Date for Aug. 1, 2007

August 1, 2007-Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

August 6, 2007-Pick up visa

August 16,2007- POE JFK

When I stepped foot in Africa, I understood who I was!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Money transfer from the foreign SO to the USC could be thought of as "paying" the petitioner for filing.

Since it is going from the USC to the foreign country it is not so bad but be ready to answer if the CO asks

what the money was for and why is it send.

An occassional monetary gift is fine but I just would not want to have a pattern. EVERYTHING will be scrutinized.

I also think it looks better for a married couple than K1. Do not present the idea that the SO is "using" the USC

for money.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm sure this advice is well intentioned, but ....... the scenario is for a different consulate, I see no mention of the OP requiring a second interview, and I don't understand what the comment about a previous K1 has to do with anything.

It's good to want to help someone overcome a request for further information. It's not good to overly panic them.

Good Luck

Dre

Timeline

Thank you everyone for your contributions and i wish everybody too good luck with their VJ.

Jamil

Met online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.