Mattea

Long form birth certificate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm currently applying to adjust my wife's status. Im not sure how we got this far without the long form birth certificate but now it is needed. How do we obtain this from inside the states? We have no idea what to do. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mattea said:

I'm currently applying to adjust my wife's status. Im not sure how we got this far without the long form birth certificate but now it is needed. How do we obtain this from inside the states? We have no idea what to do. 

I ordered my long texas birth certificate from the Texas Vital Records section on the Texas Department of State Health Services page. It took three weeks to arrive at a texas address. But it depends on the State of the birth certificate, there are also several pages where you can order birth certificates from different states but i chose the official page.

Edited by RebeccaG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mattea said:

She needs her south African birth certificate. We live in the states

Relatives in S.Africa🤷🏽‍♂️? Send someone to get it, scan and email to you. You only need a copy anyway 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Some places (like Brazil) there's the option to get it digitally. A digital copy equally valid. Can see if South Africa has a similar thing. Also, check if her birth certificate don't have already all the necessary info. I did not need a "long form" for anything (I did K1, EAD, AOS now ROC and Naturalization). The only thing I needed a long form for, was for a non-USCIS issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, BioNat said:

Some places (like Brazil) there's the option to get it digitally. A digital copy equally valid. Can see if South Africa has a similar thing. Also, check if her birth certificate don't have already all the necessary info. I did not need a "long form" for anything (I did K1, EAD, AOS now ROC and Naturalization). The only thing I needed a long form for, was for a non-USCIS issue.

Same here. We used her bridged birth certificate for her k1 Visa and to enter the country. Hopefully uscis whil allow it. It takes south Africa awhile to get birth certificates outside the country. I was just informed that her mother can write an affidavit of birth so theirs still hope lol. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, BioNat said:

Alguns lugares (como o Brasil) há a opção de obtê-lo digitalmente. Uma cópia digital igualmente válida. Pode ver se a África do Sul tem uma coisa semelhante. Além disso, verifique se a certidão de nascimento dela já não possui todas as informações necessárias. Não precisei de um "long form" para nada (fiz K1, EAD , AOS agora ROC e Naturalization). A única coisa que eu precisava de um formulário longo era para uma questão não-USCIS.

I'm can't say the same my birth certificate from Brasil is rejected twsice at NVC every time thay rejected I go back to the end of the line. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nig said:

I'm can't say the same my birth certificate from Brasil is rejected twsice at NVC every time thay rejected I go back to the end of the line. 

That's odd. Might be some translation issue.

I used my original birth certificate, from 1989, so it wasn't even the newer model. And I had no issues. I don't know if there are any differences between how different states do their birth certificate (some might lack some info), but mine was from SP.

I still think it's more likely it was something with the translation. For mine, I payed to be a translation that has things all in the same place as the original, even mimicking the stamps' shapes and position

Filed: IR-5 Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutos atrás, BioNat disse:

Isso é estranho. Pode ser algum problema de tradução.

Usei minha certidão de nascimento original, de 1989, então nem era o modelo mais novo. E não há problemas. Não sei se existem diferenças entre como diferentes estados fazem sua certidão de nascimento (algumas podem não ter alguma informação), mas a minha era de SP.

Eu ainda acho que é mais provável que tenha sido algo com a tradução. No meu, paguei para ser uma tradução que tivesse tudo no mesmo lugar do original, até imitando as formas e a posição dos selos

You are exactly right my marriage certificate is an old one and they don't bring me any problem. I think that the rejection of my birth certificate is because I only send the front page and the back page I only send right now

August /27 / 2021 I sent

November/ 24/ 2021 first rejected

Resent November 25/ 2021

March 01/2022 I ask a friend and he says the problem is that I have to send the back page also and let's pray

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.