elmcitymaven

Friday whinge from the maven

92 posts in this topic

I just need to have a moan for a moment... Those of you with a deep aversion to whinging should look away now. :innocent:

The boy has gone back to his parents' for the next eight days to sort out all the junk (sorry, "valuable items") he keeps down there, and won't be coming back until Saturday the 21st, which is when I am flying over for an interview in New York in the 23rd. I miss him already, even though he's been a right old pain the past few days. He's all worried that I'm going to get blown up on my flight or something similarly awful, and he keeps saying, "Oh, I wish you wouldn't go, if you got killed I would miss you and I would keen and DIE!" and other such drama queenie stuff. He doesn't seem to understand that even though I don't want the job I'm interviewing for, I need to do the interview because it is such an amazing and prestigious job, when I go for interviews at other companies I can say, "Well, you know Fund XYZ interviewed me to be their Head of (thing I do)" -- thus proving I am (a) desirable and (B) competent enough to do my job.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! Can I just press fast forward on my life and get to the day after we go through the POE? Because I am a stressed little kitten here.

Rant over. Now back to your regularly scheduled VJ. :blush:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

But its so sweet how much he loves you! Hang in there maven, you guys have only a few weeks to go and then you begin your new life here back in the good ol' US of A!!!!!

However, feel free to whinge all you like in the mean time! It costs you nothing and its good to let off a little steam!

In fact, I have a few things I could whinge about too! Perhaps a little misery loves company is in order???

Thanks julez -- and please, moan away! Yep, he really does love me, even if he can be a royal pain in the rear quarters (I know it's just the stress of the move). It DOES help to blow off steam here -- I highly recommend we all use this thread for a great big Friday Whingefest!

Who's first? :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

i'm going to join you and have a friday winge too cause i'm fed up about stuff!

I'm fed up cause its July, its supposed to be summer and all its doing is raining and raining, and by the time the embassy eventually get round to giving me an interview it will probably be winter and i'll miss all the summer weather in Chicago.

And I'm fed up cause of all the waiting. I have no real work to do at work cause i've handed all my important duties to someone else already, so all i'm doing is waiting to leave. I've also been waiting for about 6 weeks to here about a temp job that i desperately want and they keep delaying the decision (publishers are just as slow as USCICS)

and i'm fed up of this visa process being so long and frustrating

and i'm fed up of cooking for one, sometimes I can't even be bothered to cook and just eat rubbish. (maybe i should hold a dinner party - any VJer's near Cardiff?)

and i'm really fed up of being without by fiance - we've been apart a year now and i really miss her.

So hurray for VJ for being a place where we can vent and other people understand our frustation and fed up-ness. Ahh, that feels better! :wacko:

Met in Wales November 2004

Got engaged Feb 2007

Sent I-129F to NSC Mar 6th 2007

Embassy interview 11th Sep 2007

Arrived in US 15th Sep 2007

Married Oct 12th 2007

Sent AOS forms Nov 13th 2007

Biometrics Dec 14th 2007

EAD/AP received Jan 22nd 2008

Green Card interview Mar 23rd 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

OK, I would actually very much love to join the whingefest!

The day started with my 9 year old son having a tantrum cos he's too tired to go to daycare! I wound up being a half hour late for work due to this fella. UGH! Really made me mad. Plus, it upset my sweetie who is here at the moment. It really bothers him when this truculent 9 year old is so rude and nasty. But, who can blame him? It bothers me too!

We're still also waiting on the Decree Absolute to be able to file our I129F. Got a piece of good news yesterday though. Looks like we should have it in the very near future! Nasty letters to the opposing counsel were fired off and responded to immediately. Fingers crossed that we have it by 28 July so we can file before the fee increase!

And finally (for the moment) my "service engine soon" light came on in the car this morning. AGAIN, I might add! Just had that miserable old pig in the garage last week, forked out $260 and was assured that all was tickety boo. HA. So I called them and told them off first thing and have to surrender it to their inept care again tomorrow morning.

OK, as promised, rant over. However, I do reserve the right to return with new rants later today if necessary!

Just fixed a few typos!

Edited by julezabelle

We are having a most spectacularly cr@p summer here, aren't we? Ahhhh, all those lovely rainshowers/monsoons, the clammy 16C days, the humid 15C nights...

Oh yes, NOW I remember why I'm emigrating! :lol:

Ian -- I'm nowhere near Cardiff but I shall be cooking dinner for one for the next week -- I'll have a virtual VJ dinner party with you! :idea:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

oh yeah - i forgot to add that my bicycle broke on wednesday on my way home from work :crying:

but at least it wasn't raining that day.

cooking for one is lame, i hate it - and i don't have a freezer so i can't do the 'cook for 4 freeze the rest' thing either.

i am cooking nasi goreng for friends tonight though - i haven't told them what it is, they're just excited cause it sounds exotic, ha ha!

Met in Wales November 2004

Got engaged Feb 2007

Sent I-129F to NSC Mar 6th 2007

Embassy interview 11th Sep 2007

Arrived in US 15th Sep 2007

Married Oct 12th 2007

Sent AOS forms Nov 13th 2007

Biometrics Dec 14th 2007

EAD/AP received Jan 22nd 2008

Green Card interview Mar 23rd 2008

Yeah I'm gonna whinge about the weather, too - I mean, hello? Its JULY! And its COLD! And I have to wear a JACKET when I go out!?

My SO calls me in the middle of the night because its too hot and humid in the Chicago burbs for her to sleep!

Yeah, cooking for one. Its too much effort. Take-out it is, again, then.

"nasi goreng" - sounds like a Welsh delicacy..?

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

No whinning on Fridays unless you have to work on Saturday :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeah I'm gonna whinge about the weather, too - I mean, hello? Its JULY! And its COLD! And I have to wear a JACKET when I go out!?

My SO calls me in the middle of the night because its too hot and humid in the Chicago burbs for her to sleep!

Yeah, cooking for one. Its too much effort. Take-out it is, again, then.

"nasi goreng" - sounds like a Welsh delicacy..?

I'd rather have jacket weather than Mid-West humid weather. Saying that I also have central air so it doesn't matter. Who needs to go outside, eh? :lol:

What is a UK thread on whinging without mentioning the weather! Though I would rather have English weather than July Chicago humidity - I have bad memories of enduring it without air conditioning.

I have no whinges - it's Friday, a perfect sunny day in LA and also pay day!

90day.jpg

Ok, its my turn lol All week i have felt like ####### :( So i go to the Dr on wed, he says i have a sinus, ear and throat infection :blink: Get on the meds and now i am feeling worse from the side effects of the meds!! I rang him this morning, of course you can only leave a message, and the receptionist told me he will get back to me if he thinks it's important :angry::ranting:

But on a good note, the weather is gorgeous here today ;)

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

I'm fed up because I have a cold. My husband also keeps e-mailing me and telling me how much he misses and loves me. Heh.

Tell him he knows the solution... ;)

Ok my turn to winge....

Its too hot and humid here....

I am at work and I want to be home....

My hubby has to wait all over the weekend for news of a job......

I need more money.......

Edited by broma25

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I'm fed up because I have a cold. My husband also keeps e-mailing me and telling me how much he misses and loves me. Heh.

Tell him he knows the solution... ;)

Ok my turn to winge....

Its too hot and humid here....

I am at work and I want to be home....

My hubby has to wait all over the weekend for news of a job......

I need more money.......

He's seeing a theRAPIST today. I dunno what he's expecting a therapist to tell him. :rolleyes:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.