Claudia & Thomas

February 2022 I-130 for parents

26 posts in this topic

Hello,

I filed for my mom on 02/14/2022, in the same day I got the receipt and the update that they are actively working on the case. On 2/15/2022 I filed the I-130 for my dad and got the same response. They are being processed in Nebraska!! 

good luck

Yesterday I got an email with we have taken action on your case, but when I log in I did not see any changes in any of the cases. I log in again today and nothing, so I’m not sure if it’s just a mistake.

10 hours ago, Claudia & Thomas said:

Yesterday I got an email with we have taken action on your case, but when I log in I did not see any changes in any of the cases. I log in again today and nothing, so I’m not sure if it’s just a mistake.

Same here. I filed, and two days later got that email. I now believe it's a delayed email notification simply acknowledging we filed. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I re-filed for my mom on 02/03/2022 and I got the receipt and the update that they are actively working on the case on the same day . On 02/05/2022, I got an email "we have taken action on your case" but no changes when I logged in as well.

Edited by Tosun2014

USCIS

March 24, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 27, 2015 - Received date.

March 27, 2015 - Priority date.

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

April 1, 2015 - Check Cashed

April 4, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

August 25, 2015 - Case transferred to another service center.

September 21, 2015 - Case status change to RFE.

September 21, 2015 - Received RFE in the mail.

September 23, 2015 - Response to RFE sent.

September 28, 2015 - Response to RFE received by USCIS.

November 16, 2015 - 2nd RFE received in the mail.

November 19, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE sent.

November 23, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE received by USCIS.

• 5 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 9:27 PM, Tosun2014 said:

I re-filed for my mom on 02/03/2022 and I got the receipt and the update that they are actively working on the case on the same day . On 02/05/2022, I got an email "we have taken action on your case" but no changes when I logged in as well.

Do you have any updates??

I haven’t heard anything about my parents case. Checked the website and their timeline is 10.5 months. Im getting anxious!

Timeline
On 7/26/2022 at 11:25 PM, Claudia & Thomas said:

Do you have any updates??

I haven’t heard anything about my parents case. Checked the website and their timeline is 10.5 months. Im getting anxious!

No updates yet. My service center timeline is 12 months.

USCIS

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

I filed for my mom since February  16th. So far no update, status is : We actively processing....

My N400 Timeline

- August 18,2018 :  Case Received

- September 10, 2018 : Biometrics

- May 28th 2019 : Interview Update online

- June 3rd  2019 : Interview Letter Received

- July 3rd 2019  : Interview Day   

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit#gid=794661185

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I applied for my father back on May 2021 and precisely received a response on May of this year, (Being worked in Nebraska) that the I-130 was approved, After this it was moved to the NVC application center in Colombia. Just now, we were able to submit our DS-260 and I-814 for personal reasons, currently submitting civil documents and all I know is the next step is interview along with medical exam, if all is approved and goes well. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 6:13 PM, avaya said:

Same here. I filed, and two days later got that email. I now believe it's a delayed email notification simply acknowledging we filed. 

I checked today and my mom’s estimated time until case deduction is 3 months and my dad is 3 weeks.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, Claudia & Thomas said:

I checked today and my mom’s estimated time until case deduction is 3 months and my dad is 3 weeks.

My parents case was approved yesterday!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Claudia & Thomas said:

My parents case was approved yesterday!!!

Congratulations!! Still waiting here.

USCIS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, I just found this excellent resource. Wish I'd seen this at the time of filing. I filed i130 for my parents online, on Feb 7, 2022. Got the NOA1 the same day. Haven't received any updates since then.

We then filed AOS I485 on May 11, 2022, and marked it for concurrent processing.
In November, got an RFE for i864, since I'd mistakenly filed it using an expired version of the form. No progress since then.

I'm wondering, will the RFE move the priority date to the RFE date? Other than that, waiting for an approval on the i130, hopefully soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.