9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello

I had to resubmit my joint sponsor W2 the Feb 09 so we will have our new review by the coming May ; all the AOS and docs were accpeted and since the new updated I864 will be used since the April 07 do you guys think that NVC will ask me to resubmit the new edit I864 ( and another waiting time to get reviewed again ) or my case will be transferred to US embassy with the done accepted I864 ?

Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you will be OK at the NVC stage with the 2020 documents, but the Consulate might ask for the 2021 tax documents if the interview is past April 18

you might also get reviewed quicker than you think, so keep tight and hope for the best

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
1 minute ago, etrangais said:

you will be OK at the NVC stage with the 2020 documents, but the Consulate might ask for the 2021 tax documents if the interview is past April 18

you might also get reviewed quicker than you think, so keep tight and hope for the best

Thanks alot for your reply , i hope so and yes i know the CO will ask for the 2021 things , but let me ask you something since My joint sponsor will have an extension for his 2021 taxes , can i use the form IRS 4868 AND a write a signed statement indicate the extension fill + the previous IRS transcripts 2020 as proof , do you think the CO will accepet it ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would expect the CO to put your case in AP while waiting for both you and joint sponsor the submit the new I 864 and 2021 tax transcripts 

CEAC site will say refused till these are produced and a decision can be made

Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

I would expect the CO to put your case in AP while waiting for both you and joint sponsor the submit the new I 864 and 2021 tax transcripts 

CEAC site will say refused till these are produced and a decision can be made

since My joint sponsor will have an extension for his 2021 taxes , can i use the form IRS 4868 AND a write a signed statement indicate the extension fill + the previous IRS transcripts 2020 as proof , do you think the CO will accepet it  and ofc i will submit the new i864 before the interview date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Transcom123 said:

since My joint sponsor will have an extension for his 2021 taxes , can i use the form IRS 4868 AND a write a signed statement indicate the extension fill + the previous IRS transcripts 2020 as proof , do you think the CO will accepet it  and ofc i will submit the new i864 before the interview date?

no  they will wait for his actual tax return transcripts  /  a 4868 is not proof of his income / it shows an estimated tax liability but not current income

immigration wants to see  the current income 

Timeline
Just now, JeanneAdil said:

no  they will wait for his actual tax return transcripts  /  a 4868 is not proof of his income / it shows an estimated tax liability but not current income

Just now, JeanneAdil said:

All right

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Transcom123 said:

I-864 instructions allow it, so we did this at the NVC stage in February of 2019.  I was the primary (and only) sponsor and had filed a 4868 for an extension to October 2019 for the 2018 tax return.  See below for how it was explained on the I-864.  Everything was accepted by the NVC and the interview scheduled and visa (CR-1) approved in June of 2019.  It may work for you too, depending on the totality of the circumstances and the discretion of the CO.  Proof of sufficient current income for primary and any joint sponsors is the most important, so 6 months of recent pay stubs and a letter confirming current income from the employer is very good evidence of that.  Good luck!

I-864 doc.JPG

Timeline
8 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

I-864 instructions allow it, so we did this at the NVC stage in February of 2019.  I was the primary (and only) sponsor and had filed a 4868 for an extension to October 2019 for the 2018 tax return.  See below for how it was explained on the I-864.  Everything was accepted by the NVC and the interview scheduled and visa (CR-1) approved in June of 2019.  It may work for you too, depending on the totality of the circumstances and the discretion of the CO.  Proof of sufficient current income for primary and any joint sponsors is the most important, so 6 months of recent pay stubs and a letter confirming current income from the employer is very good evidence of that.  Good luck!

I-864 doc.JPG

Very great yes i submitted the paystubs and employement letter for my wife you think i will do it again before the interview ? i will do  the form 4898 will be the xay for me ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.