An D

ROM San Francisco PSA Wait Time [merged threads]

33 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We just got my step son's ROM back.  It took 4 months.  They say up to another year before PSA will have the actual marriage certificate.

We got our PSA MC (Utah/SF Consulate) in 4 months after ROM registration date.  ROM registered on May 2022, requested PSA on August 2022 (unavailable), requested PSA on Sept 2022, and got a positive response and got out copy.

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

ROM was approved and we received the signed documents back.  They said it can be about a year before my step son's wife can get a copy of the PSA marriage certificate so she can change her passport.  DFA will not accept the approved ROM from the consulate for the passport change.  They need the PSA cert and I guess they are slow to update records.

I see. Thanks for clarifying. It's shocking how that step will take 1 year. I wonder if they suddenly got an influx of filers. I wonder if this is for overseas marriages only. Where was your step son's wedding held, in the Philippines or abroad? Did they file for ROM in the Philippines or abroad?

My friend got married in the Philippines May 2022, registered the marriage a few days later and after 3 months and 2 days, she ordered PSA copies online on a whim and received the PSA copies at her house less than a week from when she ordered.

TIMELINE:

May 22 2018              I-129F Filed
May 30 2018              I-129F NOA1 
Nov. 07 2018              I-129F NOA2
Nov. 21 2018              Case received by NVC

Dec. 04 2018              Case # Assigned

Dec. 11 2018              Visa Application in Transit to Manila Embassy 📭

Dec. 13 2018              Visa Application set to READY 📬

Dec. 27 2018              Interview Date US Embassy - Read Review Here

Jan. 05 2019              Visa on hand

Jan. 16 2019              US Entry (San Francisco POE) - Read Review Here

Feb. 11 2019              Marriage 👰🤵

Mar. 12 2019              AOS mailed

Mar. 14 2019              AOS delivered to USCIS Chicago

Mar. 19 2019              AOS NOA

Apr. 09 2019               Biometrics done (Status stayed as "Fingerprint fee received" for 4 months

Aug. 09 2019              Interview Ready to be Scheduled
Oct. 10 2019               EAD and AP (approved after 212 days)

Oct. 18 2019               EAD/AP Combo card received

Feb. 20 2020              GC Interview, no same day result, case in review (SF Field Office) - Read Review Here

Feb. 21 2020              (next day) Status changed to New card is being produced!

Feb. 10 2022              Mailed I-751 ROC

Feb. 11 2022              I-751 date filed

Feb. 14 2022              NOA1 (WAC)

Jul. 13 2022               NOA2- biometric appointment waived, no refund for fee collected, old biometrics will  be reused

Jul. 14 2022               Case Status: 4 "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Dec. 26 2022             Filed N-400 online, NOA and Biometrics reuse same date

Mar. 20 2023             NOA3- 48 month GC extension from date of expiration

Oct. 18 2023              Case status: I-751 ROC transferred to another office

Oct. 19 2023              Case status: "We transferred your Form I751 yo another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case"

Oct. 21 2023              Case status: "New Card Is Being Produced"

Oct. 23 2023              N-400 Interview was scheduled

Oct. 24 2023              Case status: "We approved your Form I-751"

Oct. 25 2023              Case status: "Card was mailed to me"

23 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We are going to try every couple weeks to see if the marriage shows up online with PSA but so far it hasn't.  It has only been about a month though.

15 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

We got our PSA MC (Utah/SF Consulate) in 4 months after ROM registration date.  ROM registered on May 2022, requested PSA on August 2022 (unavailable), requested PSA on Sept 2022, and got a positive response and got out copy.

Btw, how are you checking if PSA has it ready? I've only read of others trying to order copies on https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/ , and paying to see if they'll have it (and not getting a refund if they don't). Is there another way to just check records, without paying for copies?

Edited by confusedshoes

TIMELINE:

May 22 2018              I-129F Filed
May 30 2018              I-129F NOA1 
Nov. 07 2018              I-129F NOA2
Nov. 21 2018              Case received by NVC

Dec. 04 2018              Case # Assigned

Dec. 11 2018              Visa Application in Transit to Manila Embassy 📭

Dec. 13 2018              Visa Application set to READY 📬

Dec. 27 2018              Interview Date US Embassy - Read Review Here

Jan. 05 2019              Visa on hand

Jan. 16 2019              US Entry (San Francisco POE) - Read Review Here

Feb. 11 2019              Marriage 👰🤵

Mar. 12 2019              AOS mailed

Mar. 14 2019              AOS delivered to USCIS Chicago

Mar. 19 2019              AOS NOA

Apr. 09 2019               Biometrics done (Status stayed as "Fingerprint fee received" for 4 months

Aug. 09 2019              Interview Ready to be Scheduled
Oct. 10 2019               EAD and AP (approved after 212 days)

Oct. 18 2019               EAD/AP Combo card received

Feb. 20 2020              GC Interview, no same day result, case in review (SF Field Office) - Read Review Here

Feb. 21 2020              (next day) Status changed to New card is being produced!

Feb. 10 2022              Mailed I-751 ROC

Feb. 11 2022              I-751 date filed

Feb. 14 2022              NOA1 (WAC)

Jul. 13 2022               NOA2- biometric appointment waived, no refund for fee collected, old biometrics will  be reused

Jul. 14 2022               Case Status: 4 "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Dec. 26 2022             Filed N-400 online, NOA and Biometrics reuse same date

Mar. 20 2023             NOA3- 48 month GC extension from date of expiration

Oct. 18 2023              Case status: I-751 ROC transferred to another office

Oct. 19 2023              Case status: "We transferred your Form I751 yo another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case"

Oct. 21 2023              Case status: "New Card Is Being Produced"

Oct. 23 2023              N-400 Interview was scheduled

Oct. 24 2023              Case status: "We approved your Form I-751"

Oct. 25 2023              Case status: "Card was mailed to me"

11 minutes ago, confusedshoes said:

Btw, how are you checking if PSA has it ready? I've only read of others trying to order copies on https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/ , and paying to see if they'll have it (and not getting a refund if they don't). Is there another way to just check records, without paying for copies?

I will ask her where she checks.  It is online and just shows if they are listed in the database.  I'm sure she doesnt pay each time she checks.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 minutes ago, confusedshoes said:

Not that am aware off.  Applied 5 PSA copies in August 2022 hoping we are able to use 1 for CFO application - but money wasted, we got 5 copies of response that it is unavailable/still in archive.  We are still able to secure CFO (providing DFA correspondent).  Applied 1 copy on Sept 11, got positive document response Sept 14.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 8:18 AM, hunny&me said:

Though DFA have sent us the transmission notice (in July, registered in May at SF), it was not readily available from PSA archive.  When we requested last month (Aug), we got response that it is unavailable.    But no worries, it did not affect our petition.  We were able to secure CFO for my husband ( which is where you will need the MC).. my hubby is now here with me in US.  I just 'tried' to request for ONE copy of PSA MC again yesterday... Just for personal copy, nothing to use it for.  I just want to know if it is available already, so not to waste much money. (We did request 5 copies in August, and all we got are 5 printed that it was not available yet from PSA - yeah, what a waste!).  We are married via Utah Web-conferencing as well.

Here is our email to: oca.crd-us@dfa.gov.ph to request transmittal details:

Good afternoon!  I would like to request an update for the availability of the Transmittal details. Attached herewith is the ROM copy.  Thank you very much!

Registry Number:  ROM-SF-2022-XXX
Date of Registration:  May XX, 2022

I would like to request from your good office the Transmittal Details so that we can request a PSA document of our Marriage Certificate.  

Here is the information being requested by psaserbilis:
(1) DFA REFERENCE NUMBER
(2) DISPATCH NUMBER
(3) DISPATCH DATE
(4) TRANSMITTAL DATE

Best Regards,

Your Name

Hello!

How long did it take for them to respond to your email? I sent them an email asking the same thing but still haven’t heard back and it has been over a week already. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, chxakx said:

Hello!

How long did it take for them to respond to your email? I sent them an email asking the same thing but still haven’t heard back and it has been over a week already. 

Thank you. 

SF Consulate, DFA - days to longest was 2 weeks.  But I asked update weekly  For SF Consulate, we email, website inquiry and FB messenger.

8 hours ago, hunny&me said:

SF Consulate, DFA - days to longest was 2 weeks.  But I asked update weekly  For SF Consulate, we email, website inquiry and FB messenger.

Thank you! I just wanted to see if it’s normal that I’ve been waiting for my transmittal details from DFA for over a week now 😅 Thanks again!

I spoke with the consulate a few days ago and they claimed 4-6 weeks to process. I didn't realize there was a lagtime between them processing it and PSA showing it in their system.

Edited by Steve & Erma

Texas Service Center
Consulate: Manila
Marriage: 09/14/2022

I-130 Sent: 09/29/2022
I-130 NOA1: 10/14/2022 
I-129F Sent: 10/10/2022, REC 10/20/2022
I-129F NOA1: 10/25/2022

I-130 NOA2: 8/31/23

8 hours ago, chxakx said:

Thank you! I just wanted to see if it’s normal that I’ve been waiting for my transmittal details from DFA for over a week now 😅 Thanks again!

from the time SF Consulate told us they sent it to DFA, it took DFA 2 days to respond to email where they said they get archive transmissions from Consulates on Fridays.  Emailed May 27, we got this reply on May 29.  we followed up weekly,  got 2nd email on June 28 with this "Please be informed that we just received the reports for the month of May 2022 from the PH Consulate in San Francisco. It will be scheduled for final checking before it can be transmitted to the PSA. Kindly follow up every Friday of the week to check if the monthly reports are included in our weekly transmittal to the PSA."  then we sent them another email on July 11, and got a a response we needed, transmittal date to PSA on July 8.  PSA was available just last month, Sep.

13 hours ago, hunny&me said:

from the time SF Consulate told us they sent it to DFA, it took DFA 2 days to respond to email where they said they get archive transmissions from Consulates on Fridays.  Emailed May 27, we got this reply on May 29.  we followed up weekly,  got 2nd email on June 28 with this "Please be informed that we just received the reports for the month of May 2022 from the PH Consulate in San Francisco. It will be scheduled for final checking before it can be transmitted to the PSA. Kindly follow up every Friday of the week to check if the monthly reports are included in our weekly transmittal to the PSA."  then we sent them another email on July 11, and got a a response we needed, transmittal date to PSA on July 8.  PSA was available just last month, Sep.

Thank you so much for the detailed timeline! I think and per the Chicago consulate’s message, they should have mine all done now since I submitted my ROM 2 years ago. Tried ordering a PSA MC online and found out I need transmittal details to be able to order. 

Again, thank you so much! This helps a lot. I’ll just keep following up. 

3 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Thank you so much for the detailed timeline! I think and per the Chicago consulate’s message, they should have mine all done now since I submitted my ROM 2 years ago. Tried ordering a PSA MC online and found out I need transmittal details to be able to order. 

Again, thank you so much! This helps a lot. I’ll just keep following up. 

When I ordered my MC last month, I also placed an order for my child's BC, I reported 20 years ago.  I remember getting the ROB back then, but can't find it.  I was just curious if am able to get a copy.  Without any transmission reference, I was able to submit and pay request.  PSA replied that they will need to pull it from the archive being reported outside of Philippines, and it may take 2 weeks - gladly it went back positive.  Well, of course, maybe it is now different these days.

• 2 weeks later...

DFA gave me the transmittal details for the report of marriage they sent to PSA. I then ordered the document through PSA and gave PSA the transmittal details. To my surprise PSA still can't find the document and I received a result of "negative".  Wonderful. This system is terribly broken and a chaotic mess. I literally don't know what to do anymore. I have no way to contact anyone. The only way to communicate with either is through email address unless someone knows of a way through phone call. Somehow my report of marriage is missing and we are in desperate need of it for several reasons. 

32 minutes ago, An D said:

DFA gave me the transmittal details for the report of marriage they sent to PSA. I then ordered the document through PSA and gave PSA the transmittal details. To my surprise PSA still can't find the document and I received a result of "negative".  Wonderful. This system is terribly broken and a chaotic mess. I literally don't know what to do anymore. I have no way to contact anyone. The only way to communicate with either is through email address unless someone knows of a way through phone call. Somehow my report of marriage is missing and we are in desperate need of it for several reasons. 

How long ago in between for your Transmittal Date to your PSA Request Date?  If it is too soon, then that is probably why it is Negative.  Request maybe after 2.5 months of your transmittal date?

22 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

How long ago in between for your Transmittal Date to your PSA Request Date?  If it is too soon, then that is probably why it is Negative.  Request maybe after 2.5 months of your transmittal date?

It's been almost a month since DFA sent me the transmittal details. PSA has the document at this point, it's been transmitted. I was told that once I have the transmittal details I can order it through PSA. 1.5 months extra from today seems insane. It's already been 6 and a half months since the package was sent to the consulate general in San Francisco and 3 months since the Report of Marriage was processed by them and sent to DFA. DFA told me in the email with the transmittal details that I can now order the document from PSA. So they are wrong? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.