Vikas1986

Visa Interview/ medical next week ( medical after interview)

10 posts in this topic

Hello members

Good Morning 

I am new to this group so please advice me.

We received visa interview for me and my family ( wife and son) F3 last week.! It was only 2 weeks notice, so can’t get medical date for 3 of us.! After waiting for this long we don’t want to reschedule interview date so we decided to attend interview which is next week and medical after interview next day.! So if we attend interview before medical I know they will refuse pending medical but my question is would medical people ask for interview letter email. And if so then would they accept if interview date is passed day before.?

Any suggestion/ advice would be very appreciated.!

Thanks all in advance 

I've not seen a member report back where they attended the interview before the medical. General advice would be to attend the interview as you plan, there is a possibility the embassy will turn you away and ask you to re-schedule, but you would need to wait till after your original appointment date to re-schedule anyway. 

Keep calling Visa Medicals before your interview and you might get lucky and get a large enough cancellation that you can fit the whole family in before the interview date. And i don't think the Visa Medial people will mind that the interview date has passed, they usually want the letter as a way of confirming your visa class. 

Good luck!

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

11 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

I've not seen a member report back where they attended the interview before the medical. General advice would be to attend the interview as you plan, there is a possibility the embassy will turn you away and ask you to re-schedule, but you would need to wait till after your original appointment date to re-schedule anyway. 

Keep calling Visa Medicals before your interview and you might get lucky and get a large enough cancellation that you can fit the whole family in before the interview date. And i don't think the Visa Medial people will mind that the interview date has passed, they usually want the letter as a way of confirming your visa class. 

Good luck!

Thanks.

I am so confused about all this process. My interview is next Monday and medical on Tuesday.! In case they ask me to reschedule my appointment at Embassy would I have to reschedule on Monday or Tuesday.? Please advice.!

Edited by Vikas1986

10 minutes ago, Vikas1986 said:

Thanks.

I am so confused about all this process. My interview is next Monday and medical on Tuesday.! In case they ask me to reschedule my appointment at Embassy would I have to reschedule on Monday or Tuesday.? Please advice.!

I've not had to re-schedule myself, but I believe the option to re-schedule becomes available on the day of you appointment. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'

45 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

I've not had to re-schedule myself, but I believe the option to re-schedule becomes available on the day of you appointment. 

Thanks.! This is so stressful.! Been trying visamedical 3 times a day for any cancellations appointments.! But difficult for family of 3. Can get for 1 but not for 3.

I think I just found another member who is in same boat and I think he’s planning to attend interview aswell before medical.!

I am so nervous about all this process.! Waited over 2 years after COVID and now this situation doesn’t help.!

51 minutes ago, Vikas1986 said:

Thanks.! This is so stressful.! Been trying visamedical 3 times a day for any cancellations appointments.! But difficult for family of 3. Can get for 1 but not for 3.

I think I just found another member who is in same boat and I think he’s planning to attend interview aswell before medical.!

I am so nervous about all this process.! Waited over 2 years after COVID and now this situation doesn’t help.!

Can you get 3 separate slots all before the interview? This may not be convenient if you don't live in London, but might be an avenue you want to try. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, Vikas1986 said:

So if we attend interview before medical I know they will refuse pending medical but my question is would medical people ask for interview letter email. And if so then would they accept if interview date is passed day before.?

The medical people will accept your interview letter. It’s mostly that they need to get the correct information like case numbers and info and make sure you are at the point of qualifying for a medical. 

I really don’t think the embassy will turn you away.

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The medical people will accept your interview letter. It’s mostly that they need to get the correct information like case numbers and info and make sure you are at the point of qualifying for a medical. 

I really don’t think the embassy will turn you away.

Thank you so much.! I also really hope Embassy will not turn me away.! 

in that case I will get refused letter pending medical right.?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vikas1986 said:

Thank you so much.! I also really hope Embassy will not turn me away.! 

in that case I will get refused letter pending medical right.?

Yes. They can’t approve a visa without a medical exam so have to choose refused until they are provided with a medical report.  Even if you had the medical a few days before, the results wouldn’t be there yet and they would still have to hand you the refusal paper.

This problem is new and there are many posts in this UK forum about it. In the past, NVC always gave around four weeks between their notification and the interview date. Medical appointments were easily available in the four week gap.  NVC is suddenly pushing out lots of F visa interviews with only two weeks notice. The medical clinic is backlogged for the first time in a dozen years that I have followed.  I know of cases in the past where people had a need to have the medical after the interview and were allowed. It messes up their desired work flow and of course and having the medical report there would suit them much better. But they are nice people there and I can’t imagine your family all standing there at the counter inside and them pushing you out the door. Look sad, cry, plead..whatever it takes if you decide to carry on. At some point, a person of authority there needs to work out a solution to this new bottleneck. They could start with telling the NVC that four weeks notice is needed when they assign interviews  and it would soon straighten out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.