Pinky37

Italy..foglio matricolare

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband completed his compulsory military service when he was of age. The problem is, the office for him to request the record is being COMPLETELY insane, and has offered to only give him a certified digital copy, and they say "it's enough for whatever you need it for..." 

He was previously married and in the states on a k1 (10 years ago) and has the stupid paper from then, which he got with very little trouble back then. They told him yesterday that the actual printed one would take 1 to 3 months!!! 😱

I just want my husband home. Getting any sort of paper or progress with the Italian government is always an adventure.. lol 

I wonder if : we upload the old one, and include a letter that the unexpired version is on its way if that creates a problem? Or maybe wait for the digital one, and hope that the actual paper one comes through before interview (it likely will, but if it doesn't, I'll have him bring the old one as well as a printed copy of the email that they sent the digital one with?) We already have literally all other papers ready. I'm trying for having him home by our first wedding anniversary. 

Any insights? This wife is about to call the office and use my caveman Italian on them to try and accomplish something better than 1 to 3 months. It is a single sheet of paper that just shows his compulsory service....we're not asking for the world, just for a piece of paper.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Scan the one u have to NVC

he only needs the original one for the interview

u are just at NVC recently so the likelyhood of an interview within 3 months is rare

if u are lucky and get one before the paper document and CO wants to see it,  they will ask for additional documents and case will be on hold at Italian embassy till u submit it

BTW do your 2021 taxes because u may also need copies of those for the interview going past the April 18, 2022 tax dead line date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.