Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
quick question...from your not so computer savy co-july filer.... :help:

i want to post a pic of my sweetie and me as part of my profile...everytime I try...it says "upload failed...contact system administrator".....any clues...I'm sure it's user error.... :whistle:

Is the picture file under 100k? Cuz it won't accept it if the picture size is over 100k. Also check to see if it's in a jpeg format.

:whistle: how do i know if it's 100k :whistle: hehe

i just have a disk with 100s of pics on it....it is in jpeg format...and i'm just trying to upload one pic.... :help:

i'm so bad with computers...

Sent I129-F on July 23rd to NSC

Received on July 25th at NSC

Check cashed by CSC on Aug 3rd

NOA1 mailed from CSC on Aug 2nd (Notice Date on form is Aug 1st)

Touched on August 7th.......

Touched on Sept.14...(due to me contacting CSC about the "jr." following his name...

Touched on Sept.19...again due to call to CSC about typo on NOA1..

Going to Manila Nov 1st for work...Get to spend 2 fantastic months with my baby!

With any luck, I will get my NOA2 when I get home in January!

!!!!!! WOW!!!! We are approved on Dec 21st!!!!! And I get to celebrate it here in Manila with my baby!

Visa in hand April 02, 2008

POE Mpls/St Paul May 04, 2008

Married! August 1st

AOS Papaerwork to Chicago August 20, 2008

Signed for by V. Bustamante on August 22nd

Check cashed August 29th

NOAs and Biometics appointment letters received September 5th

Biometrics appointment in St Paul on September 20th

Sept. 22nd - Touch

Sept. 23rd - Touch

Sept. 30th - I-485 Touch- Transfered to CSC

Oct. 6th - I-485 Touch - Arrive in CA?

Oct. 7th - Touch

Oct. 8th - Touch...I know, I know, I check the website too much

Nov. 8th - AP Approved!!

Nov. 13th - EAD Production ordered!!!

Nov. 20th - EAD arrived in mail!

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

04/04/2009 - Welcome letter arrives

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
What is talk talk?

It's a division of Carphone Warehouse. You pay a set fee per month for a complete phone package and get international calls inclusive. I'm not selling their service though. Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:whistle: how do i know if it's 100k :whistle: hehe

i just have a disk with 100s of pics on it....it is in jpeg format...and i'm just trying to upload one pic.... :help:

i'm so bad with computers...

if u slide the cursor over the filename, it might give you the file size. The other way is to right click over the file and go to properties. It should tell u the file size.

oh, just wanted to clarify...roll the cursor of the file meaning the specific picture you are trying to upload not the entire disc

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Timeline

the pic is 1.79 MB...is that too big??...if so can I change the size?

thx in advance for all your help!

Touched on Sept.14...(due to me contacting CSC about the "jr." following his name...

Going to Manila Nov 1st for work...Get to spend 2 fantastic months with my baby!

!!!!!! WOW!!!! We are approved on Dec 21st!!!!! And I get to celebrate it here in Manila with my baby!

Married! August 1st

Check cashed August 29th

Sept. 22nd - Touch

Sept. 23rd - Touch

Oct. 7th - Touch

Nov. 8th - AP Approved!!

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

What is talk talk?

It's a division of Carphone Warehouse. You pay a set fee per month for a complete phone package and get international calls inclusive. I'm not selling their service though. Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Thank you - I looked on the internet about it and am not too thrilled with it. I think that we'll stick to our Skype. That seems to be working out very well for us - AND hopefully and with a lot of luck, we won't be doing this for much longer. That is my wish for everyone on their Visa Journey!

Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No problem,

Yeah that's huge. It's about 1833 kilobytes. ( I used google converter!) Try cutting out some scenery to reduce the size. This can be done on your standard picture editor or all computers with Windows xp should have the paint program. I don't know how much of the size you decrease with it. Or if you have adobe photoshop you can reduce the quality, or change the pixels.

I saw somewhere on this site you can put upto 1000k, but that wasn't for the main picture. I'll send u apersonal message if I find where this is.

Oh duh, I just scrolled down and where it says upload , next to browse, the max upload size is 1000k. But I think this is if you want to add an attachment with your reply post.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
What is talk talk?

Thank you - I looked on the internet about it and am not too thrilled with it. I think that we'll stick to our Skype. That seems to be working out very well for us - AND hopefully and with a lot of luck, we won't be doing this for much longer. That is my wish for everyone on their Visa Journey!

Good Luck!

I should also say here that talk talk entails an 18 month contract, which will be almost up by the time I hope to have my visa in hand :D

Best of luck to you too!

Timeline

No problem,

Yeah that's huge. It's about 1833 kilobytes. ( I used google converter!) Try cutting out some scenery to reduce the size. This can be done on your standard picture editor or all computers with Windows xp should have the paint program. I don't know how much of the size you decrease with it. Or if you have adobe photoshop you can reduce the quality, or change the pixels.

I saw somewhere on this site you can put upto 1000k, but that wasn't for the main picture. I'll send u apersonal message if I find where this is.

Oh duh, I just scrolled down and where it says upload , next to browse, the max upload size is 1000k. But I think this is if you want to add an attachment with your reply post.

I give up...I'll have someone at work help me tomorrow! :yes:

thanks for all your help!

Married! August 1st

Check cashed August 29th

Sept. 22nd - Touch

Sept. 23rd - Touch

Oct. 7th - Touch

Nov. 8th - AP Approved!!

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

something else to check if you're resizing pictures is the dpi - if it's defaulted to a print-ready dpi it might be 300 (I've even seen it go as high as 1000), when for something to be clear on the internet you can get away with a dpi of under 100 (my program defaults to 72 dpi for internet pics and they seem fine)

this should cut the file size dramatically :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Am I the only one that feels they have really reached rock bottom. The reality of all the waiting and potential timeline has hit home. My mammy just says everyday is a day closer but I feel in reality it isn't as it feels everyday the light at the end of the tunnel moves another day away. Can just imagine the mental health questions at the medical....."any history of mental health issues, depression/stress/anxiety?" answer...." not until I started this!"

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Am I the only one that feels they have really reached rock bottom. The reality of all the waiting and potential timeline has hit home. My mammy just says everyday is a day closer but I feel in reality it isn't as it feels everyday the light at the end of the tunnel moves another day away. Can just imagine the mental health questions at the medical....."any history of mental health issues, depression/stress/anxiety?" answer...." not until I started this!"

Don't you have your SO with you during the wait? I don't want to make light of your situation but having him with you must be a big help. For most of us we're going through the wait alone. I feel lucky that I'm off to the US in 10 days to see Scott for a while, I know some people will go through the entire process without seeing their SO at all. I can't imagine what that must be like, knowing that I was going to see Scott during the process is what has kept me sane.

Gillian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

David and I looked forward to his visit for SO long - he was counting the days; we both just kept talking about everything we'd do - and then ZOOM! - those eight days were gone, and we're apart again, and it's back to how it was :(

don't know when we'll see each other next, but we just keep reminding ourselves that it WILL happen; it's like when I was moving over here (to the UK) from Aus, and I was going through all the turmoil of resigning from my job, packing up my house, selling my car, getting tenants for my place, etc etc - however awful it got, I just kept telling myself: 'this will all be past, and I'll find myself sitting on the plane, on my way to London', and sure enough, eventually, there I was... and that was three years ago now, and I've been SO glad I stuck it out :)

that has got to be one of the most awful experiences of my life - apart from this ;) - but I don't regret sticking it out, and the pay-off has been enormous, and now I hardly ever think of it...

hope that's helpful

it's all a bit zen and 'it will happen, grasshopper', but it doesn't make it any less true ;)

wish some of us could go out for a drink though... that would help ;)

xxx

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

hello i just find you all, it is nice to be able to wait together... because it seems we are going to spend a couple month waiting...... Best luck to everyone can't wait to read the post of the first one of us who will receive his approval!!!! :dance:

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Timeline

Forgot to say i have peek on May fillers and the NOA2 and approval has arrived there so hope hope hope if some one knows abouta June filler getting approved that will bring us closer :thumbs:

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

.png

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

CONGRATULATION to 4 of us who have already received it!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

and the winner in the race ;) are :

*1 Orestes & Olga Switzerland NOA2 received 2007-07-09

*2 Rie & John Japan NOA2 received 2007-08-16

*3 Y & T Switzerland NOA2 received 2007-08-20

*4 Basanta & Kristen Nepal NOA2 received 2007-09-10

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

what a surprise i didn't expect some us to be already approved so miracles happen at the USCIS :dance: :dance:

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.