Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,975 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, KA1214 said:

Count me in!!! In my 7th month now…

That's frustrating. I am sorry to hear. I don't know what's going on with the California Service Center, they used to be much quicker with hardship decisions and the delay was mostly at the DOS. I submitted an expedite request and it was rejected in 15 mins even though we had good evidence!!

2 hours ago, Freidrichm said:

That's frustrating. I am sorry to hear. I don't know what's going on with the California Service Center, they used to be much quicker with hardship decisions and the delay was mostly at the DOS. I submitted an expedite request and it was rejected in 15 mins even though we had good evidence!!

I think USCIS is waiting for DOS. If there is a congestion in DOS, the speed in USCIS is also slow.

36 minutes ago, Saedaaa said:

it is really frustrating how most cases are stuck in the DOS ,has anyone here heard about an expedite request that got accepted? also is it hard to get O1 visa these days ?

If you stay in the location corresponding to CSC or your don't request premium process, O1 should be not very difficult.

4 hours ago, Saedaaa said:

it is really frustrating how most cases are stuck in the DOS ,has anyone here heard about an expedite request that got accepted? also is it hard to get O1 visa these days ?

O-1s are not hard if you work with a good lawyer and if you are not in the north east. If you live in the northeast your case goes to the Vermont USCIS and apparently they issue a lot of RFEs for O-1s. Highly recommend North America Immigration Law group- Chen www.wegreened.com for O-1. They look at your CV and provide a very detail evaluation of your case for O-1 for free

14 hours ago, Saedaaa said:

This is the oldest case I am following. Still pending. This person must have started his waiver process two years ago for a two years condition waiver. 

Capture.PNG

Timeline
15 hours ago, Saedaaa said:

It's very frustrating and expediting at the DOS stage is extremely difficult. You either need to have a "significant humanitarian need" (hardship doesn't count) or "a clear and significant U.S. government interest"  (being a doctor who treats COVID patients during a pandemic doesn't count).

32 minutes ago, Waiver 2021 said:

Last two weeks of 2022, I wonder if the DOS will provide any recommendation for hardship cases? or it is over for this year. Jan. 2023 will mark 14 months at the DOS.

I hope so , or hopefully they start to move in 2023 ,it looks like most cases are stuck since right after COVID , ah we pray something changes by new year 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.