Thomas1988

Refused>AP>Ready>Refused? (CR1)

5 posts in this topic

My friend needs assistance, Rio consulate (Brazilian citizen residing in Canada, visiting Brazil)

(Medical exam September 21 2021, doctor had to email results to the consulate, emailed oct 26th 2021)

Interview November 3 2021 - refused because the consulate cannot receive attachments larger than 5mb, doctor resent it on the same day in a smaller version. Consulate confirmed receipt of medical on November 23)

Nov 24 - Administrative Processing

Nov 29 - Ready

Nov 29 - Refused

My friend has never been to any MENA country, no immigration proceedings, no overstay, etc. Consular Officer said everything looked good and the consulate would only have to sort out the medical file.

My friend emailed them asking if they need anything elsehas anybody seen it going back to READY? 

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Refused is the wording that CEAC posts till a decision is made and /or while the case is in Administration Processing  (AP)

AP can be for additional documents as in this case or additional  security checks or just the time needed to print a visa 

so,  keep checking the site for the real decision either approved (issued) or denied

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes. The going back and forth between ready and refused has been reported numerous times. Nothing to worry just because of that.

Updating, today, Nov 30, status went back to "Administrative Processing".

If anyone has any insight on the inner workings of the visa printing process/workflow of a passport inside a consulate, please let us know!

4 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Yes. The going back and forth between ready and refused has been reported numerous times. Nothing to worry just because of that.

I was especially curious because, in the "refused" visa whatsapp group I belong to, the "ready" status is very rare. does that mean anything specific, when people reported it in the past?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Thomas1988 said:

I was especially curious because, in the "refused" visa whatsapp group I belong to, the "ready" status is very rare. does that mean anything specific, when people reported it in the past?

No it means absolutely nothing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.