ya falaha!

What are your SO's favorite American TV shows

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After finishing a phone call with Moh discussing an episode of Spongebob he's currently watching I thought it would be fun to discuss our SO's favorite American TV shows. Here is Moh's favorite shows since coming to the US...

Still Standing

Reba

The Soup (on E! network)

Pinks (Speed Channel) and basically anything car related.

Martin Mystery

Jimmy Neutron

Spongebob

Naruto

South Park

Reno 911

Iron Chef

Dinner Impossible (Food Network)

The Next Food Network Star

I'm responsible for the Food Network shows. At first he didn't like the "food channel" but after watching for two months he's gotten to like a few of the shows.

There are others but I can't think of them right now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I forget Scrubs???? When he first got here he would see the commercials for Scrubs and ask when it was coming on. We watch Friends quite a bit, too.

Amy has Khallid ever watched the Soup? OMG Moh laughs his azz off watching that show.

Friends and Scrubs are the only two I can think of off hand. Oh yay....he loves the comedy channel now too :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
How could I forget Scrubs???? When he first got here he would see the commercials for Scrubs and ask when it was coming on. We watch Friends quite a bit, too.

Amy has Khallid ever watched the Soup? OMG Moh laughs his azz off watching that show.

Friends and Scrubs are the only two I can think of off hand. Oh yay....he loves the comedy channel now too :)

I don't think he's seen it, but now that you mentioned it......we're gonna have to watch it :thumbs: I think I've seen every episode of Friends at least 10 times now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:lol::lol: spongebob!!!! lol

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wadi watches soccer mostly. But his favorite American shows are:

Cops

Everybody Loves Raymond reruns

America's Funniest Home Videos (he's looking forward to the new Candid Camera type show premiering next week)

South Park

Any type of animal/nature documentary (we watch a lot of Animal Planet, and Discovery)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

OMG my husband is ADDICTED to Avatar !!!! He HAS to watch it every night.

He also LOVES:

Everybody Loves Raymond

Friends

Seinfeld

Cops

anything on Animal Planet

Tom & Jerry

What Not To Wear

Flip This House

Ultimate Ninja Warrior

all sports (except American football)

movies movies movies

I am forgetting some more...

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well, Amed loves soccer, of course, but he has become rather fond of a few American shows:

Prison Break

Heroes

How I Met Your Mother

He complains and complains when I watch American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, but he always manages to be nearby the TV when they come on, and then has to give running commentary throughout the shows.

We both also became pretty interested in Jericho.

Oh, and he also likes to watch The Deadliest Catch and stuff on the Discovery Channel.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

we dig tv shows on dvd. we plowed through 2 seasons of lost, 2 seasons of house m.d., and the first season of x files in an embarrassingly short amount of time :blush: . next up is twin peaks, or maybe some more x files. we're not really the sit-com type.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline
Oh yes, I can't forget Americas Funniest Videos. He also loves anything with Martin Lawrence

Too funny! Yes, we've seen everything with Martin Lawrence - multiple times. Sigh. Also Cedric the Entertainer. :lol:

I forgot about America's Funniest Videos. He does not like the old Bob Saget reruns though. He only watches the newer shows and reruns. Neither of us are Bob Saget fans.

Moh is prolly the only man I know who isn't interested in sports. He doesn't even watch soccer. He likes to play sports but doesn't want to watch them.

Oh yes, I can't forget Americas Funniest Videos. He also loves anything with Martin Lawrence
Edited by moody

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Andre loves:

Reba

Antiques Roadshow

Fresh Prince of Belair

Full House

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I forgot about America's Funniest Videos. He does not like the old Bob Saget reruns though. He only watches the newer shows and reruns. Neither of us are Bob Saget fans.

Make sure you tell them about this new show, Just for Laughs, if they like America's Funniest: http://abc.go.com/specials/justforlaughs.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.