BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2022 at 4:12 AM, JD2 said:

Maybe not til Aug. because the next interviews will be for Sept.  Sept. 2021 ILs went out on Aug. 11th, 2021.  So we'll probably know more in about a month.  I'm hoping after the student season is over they will speed up.

i'm not sure if this is true because classes starts in September so all the student interview should be done by Aug. but I could be wrong also. and also they didnt interview anyone in june. most of student interviews were in June. and on june 20th they issued all cr-1/ir1 interview letters.

2 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

i'm not sure if this is true because classes starts in September so all the student interview should be done by Aug. but I could be wrong also. and also they didnt interview anyone in june. most of student interviews were in June. and on june 20th they issued all cr-1/ir1 interview letters.

They said Aug. 15th to 30th they'll be giving interview slots for refused students.  there were a few F2A conversions in June.  It seems like they've booked through Aug. 30th but hope I'm wrong.

Just now, JD2 said:

They said Aug. 15th to 30th they'll be giving interview slots for refused students.  there were a few F2A conversions in June.  It seems like they've booked through Aug. 30th but hope I'm wrong.

You are right they are all booked till aug 30th. And some of people who are getting interviewed in aug are also cr1 and ir1 categories visas. So they have not completely stopped CR1 interviews so I hope we should get ILs this week for September interviews dates. But no one will be getting any IL for Aug dates unless they have bunch of Aug canceled interview slots available and they will probably fill those but not much.

9 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

You are right they are all booked till aug 30th. And some of people who are getting interviewed in aug are also cr1 and ir1 categories visas. So they have not completely stopped CR1 interviews so I hope we should get ILs this week for September interviews dates. But no one will be getting any IL for Aug dates unless they have bunch of Aug canceled interview slots available and they will probably fill those but not much.

I hope you're right.  I'd love more.  But last year they didn't give out Sept. ILs until mid Aug.  Let's see.  I'm hoping they will accelerate a lot after Aug. 30th.  I read they hired 5 new officers at the Bombay Consulate.  I'd be shocked if DQ to Interview times went to double digits.  My baseless speculation is it'll be around 9ish months for Dec. 2021 DQs then a steady decline in wait times as they progress through 2022 DQs.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:18 AM, Waiting waiting.. said:

CR1 CATEGORY

PD feb 11 2021

DQ Dec 13 2021

Interview August 30 2022

Hi Guys, I am new here. 

My PD is - 14th June 2019

MY DQ is - 28th May 2020. 

Now my Visa class changed to IR1 few weeks back. Any idea when I may get the consular interview. 

Do anyone know which no to call to Consulate who can give an estimate. 

Also I have a two year old daughter who was added to my Immigrant visa application before my VISA class changed to IR1. Now since the Visa class change to IR1, her name is removed from NVC page. Can anyone shed light on what to do with my baby's immigrant visa? 

Thanks in advance.

Joydeep

12 hours ago, JB2019 said:

Hi Guys, I am new here. 

My PD is - 14th June 2019

MY DQ is - 28th May 2020. 

Now my Visa class changed to IR1 few weeks back. Any idea when I may get the consular interview. 

Do anyone know which no to call to Consulate who can give an estimate. 

Also I have a two year old daughter who was added to my Immigrant visa application before my VISA class changed to IR1. Now since the Visa class change to IR1, her name is removed from NVC page. Can anyone shed light on what to do with my baby's immigrant visa? 

Thanks in advance.

Joydeep

You need to file I-130 for your daughter. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

IR-1 Mumbai

DQ: June 17, 2022

Does anyone know when our case gets transferred from NVC to the embassy? When I check on CEAC it still gives the location as NVC however we were DQ over a month ago. They asked for a joint sponsor and we provided one right away.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, greenparrot said:

IR-1 Mumbai

DQ: June 17, 2022

Does anyone know when our case gets transferred from NVC to the embassy? When I check on CEAC it still gives the location as NVC however we were DQ over a month ago. They asked for a joint sponsor and we provided one right away.

Same is happening to us.

We were DQ in first week of april but our case still at NVC.

2 hours ago, RijuSharma said:

Same is happening to us.

We were DQ in first week of april but our case still at NVC.

Same here. My wife was Documentarily Qualified on March 3, 2022, but when I logged in to CEAC just now to check on the visa status, it says your case is still at the NVC....more than four months after DQ.

I don't know for sure, but they might move the case from NVC to Consulate right when they are ready to interview the applicant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.