Corey Novak

No decision after our Green Card interview.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

My wife is from Panama. We got married on the K-1 visa. After we filed for AOS. We went to our green card interview yesterday in Philadelphia. We waited 2 hours and then they called us in. The lady was really nice and laid back. She really didn’t ask us any questions or request anything like photos or phone bills or joint bank accounts. She asked us about how we met and how’s it been going. Then she asked my wife what’s my name, our address, her parents name. She then asked about if she had her visa that she originally came here on which was a j visa before we applied for the K-1 visa. She didn’t have that on her. So the lady just told us to email her that when got home to make sure she was in compliance with that visa. That was the end of our interview. It was 5 maybe 10 minutes long. She didn’t say anything to us except have a good day. We got home and emailed what she asked for. She emailed back that day and said “you are good with that too. Thanks. I’ll give you my decision in 30-60 days”. My wife and I were pretty disappointed that we didn’t get an answer right then and there given we heard stories of people getting an approval right at the interview.

Is this normal that they don’t give you an answer right then and there or should we be worried?

IOs can't approve unless it ends up being a supervisor who interviews you.

IOs will say they have approved you but they do not have the authority. They can only recommend you for approval.

GC approval and issuance can take up to 120 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
18 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

IOs can't approve unless it ends up being a supervisor who interviews you.

IOs will say they have approved you but they do not have the authority. They can only recommend you for approval.

GC approval and issuance can take up to 120 days.

Oh okay. Thank you for the reply. It’s just nerve racking. Especially when you look on the internet and you read that some people got approved at the interview. Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.