xxxBananaManxxx

Australian Consulate Interviews - Updated information following Sydney Consulate changes

40 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

Holy desertbus, we have a Dec 10 interview in Melbourne! My salt was unwarranted!

I got mine for 7 December!! I'm so happy 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

Holy desertbus, we have a Dec 10 interview in Melbourne! My salt was unwarranted!

Mine is on December 9! Unfortunately as my medical expires the next day, I am now in the process of trying to get it done in Melbourne instead. I won't know until next week sometime, as the clinic needs to seek permission first, they will then contact me.

Timeline

I see there's 2 approved Melbourne clinics listed on the panel physician list, a Sonic Health Plus one listed at William St. and a Toorak Village one. It looks like the Sonic Health Plus one has moved from that location and the CBD one is listed as 215 Spring St. Has anyone else gotten a medical there and confirmed it's the right one or is calling Toorak better? I feel like both are gonna get a number of calls.

Timeline
On 11/18/2021 at 10:55 PM, quinnscribe said:

We have the same interview date! My fiancé interview is at 10:30am. I have to wait until after 5pm my time to get any updates on his interview. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
10 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

We have the same interview date! My fiancé interview is at 10:30am. I have to wait until after 5pm my time to get any updates on his interview. 

We're 11am, haha. Really hoping he can get a medical appointment 1 or 2 days before to minimize hotel time.

Timeline
On 11/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, quinnscribe said:

We're 11am, haha. Really hoping he can get a medical appointment 1 or 2 days before to minimize hotel time.

We got lucky and weee able to get a medical appointment a couple days before. They said the faster you get the medical documents back you are able to get the medical appt date you want.

Timeline
18 hours ago, yvonme said:

We got lucky and weee able to get a medical appointment a couple days before. They said the faster you get the medical documents back you are able to get the medical appt date you want.

I'm gonna ask a maybe dumb question: what do you mean by "get the medical documents back"?

To everyone that has received an interview date - were you guys already scheduled for one prior to Sydney closing?? 

Our case is still just stuck at NVC so I assume we will be at the bottom of the list was just trying to get a rough idea on how much longer I might be waiting!  

Timeline
9 hours ago, maimuslee said:

To everyone that has received an interview date - were you guys already scheduled for one prior to Sydney closing?? 

Our case is still just stuck at NVC so I assume we will be at the bottom of the list was just trying to get a rough idea on how much longer I might be waiting!  

Yes. I was scheduled to have my interview on July 13, but it was cancelled on June 25th. My new interview will be held on December 9th, next week. 

Hopefully once the rescheduled interviews have all been held, those of you who are still waiting at the NVC, will start to have your petitions sent on to the consulate(s).

Timeline
16 hours ago, maimuslee said:

No. I was waitlisted. We where about to get an interview date when shutdown happened. 

We have a December 10 interview.

Our Timeline:

Does anyone else have their interview today? Are we allowed to go in earlier? I'm flying in from Adelaide and want to go straight from the airport to the embassy.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Naomi1984 said:

Does anyone else have their interview today? Are we allowed to go in earlier? I'm flying in from Adelaide and want to go straight from the airport to the embassy.

My interview isn't until Thursday, but you can only be allowed to arrive at the Consulate 15 minutes before your interview. Any earlier than this, you will not be allowed to enter.

Timeline

Anyone who was approved pending medical did your medical get sent to Melbourne? 

My fiancé had his medical in Sydney and there appears to be miscommunication. Consulate told him the medical would go to Melbourne, but physician said it was sent to him. 

A bit confusing bc I don’t want more delays for a oversight.

Our Timeline:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, quinnscribe said:

I'm gonna ask a maybe dumb question: what do you mean by "get the medical documents back"?

The medical documents provided by the clinic after the medical appointment to forward to the embassy. Toorok wouldn’t forward to the embassy. We had to send it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.