xxxBananaManxxx

Australian Consulate Interviews - Updated information following Sydney Consulate changes

40 posts in this topic

Aussie immigrants - I have created this topic to capture information regarding the following:

• News regarding the Relocation of the Sydney Consulate;
  • Information concerning the Sydney Consulate reopening in North Sydney;
  • Updates on the scheduling of Immigrant Interviews (either new interviews or the rescheduling of previously cancelled interviews); and
  • News regarding other Australian Consulates (other than Sydney) being engaged to conduct immigrant interviews.

Feel free to provide any information you have on these topics.  Hopefully through sharing we will all be better informed. 

Good idea, thanks for this,

This was posted on the 'Australians Waiting..' thread by another member;

On 10/22/2021 at 10:18 AM, hctiwsblade13 said:

There have been some developments. Looks like they’ll be transferring services to Melbourne while construction is finishing at the Sydney Consulate. 

See Consulate’s most recent post yesterday afternoon.

Would encourage anyone following this thread to follow the Sydney Consulate’s social media pages. 

Thanks again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 10/25/2021 at 10:39 PM, VJ0 said:

Good idea, thanks for this,

This was posted on the 'Australians Waiting..' thread by another member;

Thanks again

I saw on Facebook comments a user reported the Sydney consulate will not open until April.

1 hour ago, yvonme said:

I saw on Facebook comments a user reported the Sydney consulate will not open until April.

There has been no official announcement as far as I am aware. Would rather stick to facts than listen to rumours…. Hopefully everything will be confirmed shortly (fingers crossed)

Timeline
44 minutes ago, xxxBananaManxxx said:

There has been no official announcement as far as I am aware. Would rather stick to facts than listen to rumours…. Hopefully everything will be confirmed shortly (fingers crossed)

I sure hope so

4 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

An update from the Sydney Consulate a few minutes ago. 

Screenshot_20211029-115044_Facebook.jpg

Let’s hope the update next week brings some good news 🤞 

Has anyone recieved a booking confirmation for interview at the Melbourne Consulate.  These were supposed to commence at the start of December, and it would be interesting to hear form anyone that has actually recieved a booking appointment/confirmation.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, xxxBananaManxxx said:

Has anyone recieved a booking confirmation for interview at the Melbourne Consulate.  These were supposed to commence at the start of December, and it would be interesting to hear form anyone that has actually recieved a booking appointment/confirmation.  

No, not as yet unfortunately.

received_335200231742550.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sharmarine said:

No, not as yet unfortunately.

received_335200231742550.jpeg

Pretty interesting reply....  Given the time taken to confirm Melbourne for immigration interviews you would have expected them to be in a position to move quickly and at least schedule these.  We are only 2 weeks away from December and it would be reasonable to assume that interviewees would require some notice in order to prepare.

Just seems like they have moved people from one line-up to another line-up.  This provides a glimmer of hope and placates people (and also distracts from the underlying issue that the Sydney Consulate has initiated by failing to coordiante a transition of premises in an effective manner)...  Of particular note is the fact that progress on the reestablishment of services out of the Sydney Consulate is no longer even a point of discussion.

Timeline
3 hours ago, xxxBananaManxxx said:

Pretty interesting reply....  Given the time taken to confirm Melbourne for immigration interviews you would have expected them to be in a position to move quickly and at least schedule these.  We are only 2 weeks away from December and it would be reasonable to assume that interviewees would require some notice in order to prepare.

Just seems like they have moved people from one line-up to another line-up.  This provides a glimmer of hope and placates people (and also distracts from the underlying issue that the Sydney Consulate has initiated by failing to coordiante a transition of premises in an effective manner)...  Of particular note is the fact that progress on the reestablishment of services out of the Sydney Consulate is no longer even a point of discussion.

Yeah, you'd think that if they promise a December start they'd let people make travel arrangement... I wonder if they'll be booking people in the order they were document qualified ; in the order of their NOA2 ; in the order they got on the Sydney waitlist. Maybe they are going to also do it geographically? Give the people who live in Melbourne first assignments because they're closest to get in, then move out to other areas?

1 hour ago, quinnscribe said:

Yeah, you'd think that if they promise a December start they'd let people make travel arrangement... I wonder if they'll be booking people in the order they were document qualified ; in the order of their NOA2 ; in the order they got on the Sydney waitlist. Maybe they are going to also do it geographically? Give the people who live in Melbourne first assignments because they're closest to get in, then move out to other areas?

This approach makes you think that interviews may kick off in December, but it probably won't be until later in December.  Given the month of December is cut short my the Christmas Period, I don't expect many interviews will be held prior to 2022.  Certainly unlikley that the significant backlog gets cleared any time soon.

In reality, the actions appear to be focused on stopping criticism of the inability of the Sydney Consulate to continue services following the end of the NSW shutdown period rather than clearing the backlog of immigrants that are waiting for interviews.  

Timeline

Holy desertbus, we have a Dec 10 interview in Melbourne! My salt was unwarranted!

Edited by quinnscribe
date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.