xxxBananaManxxx

Australian Consulate Interviews - Updated information following Sydney Consulate changes

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 12/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, JustineC85 said:

Anyone who was approved pending medical did your medical get sent to Melbourne? 

My fiancé had his medical in Sydney and there appears to be miscommunication. Consulate told him the medical would go to Melbourne, but physician said it was sent to him. 

A bit confusing bc I don’t want more delays for a oversight.

Ours was sent to Sydney but our application is going to continue processing there although our interview was in Melbourne. 

Hello everyone 😊. I have my appointment on the 21st of January in Melbourne and my medical exams are on the 3rd of February in Sydney. Do you have an idea how long it will take to have my passport back? I can’t wait to go to my country and finally see my family. I have been waiting for my American visa here in Australia for almost 20 months that’s why I really would love to know if you have an idea about the timeframe  😅

Edited by Luciahidalgo

Timeline
On 12/27/2021 at 11:08 PM, Luciahidalgo said:

Hello everyone 😊. I have my appointment on the 21st of January in Melbourne and my medical exams are on the 3rd of February in Sydney. Do you have an idea how long it will take to have my passport back? I can’t wait to go to my country and finally see my family. I have been waiting for my American visa here in Australia for almost 20 months that’s why I really would love to know if you have an idea about the timeframe  😅

It will depend on the outcome of your interview how long it will take until you get your visa and your passport back.  You need to send them medical documentation and administrative processing is taking at least 15 days (per their auto generated email) after receiving documents. They will not respond to inquiries of the case is within that time frame. Administrative processing could also take 180 days.

They received our medical documentation on the 22nd and we have not heard anything as of today the 31st (in AUS time). We were told we were approved pending medical so that’s all we are waiting for also. 

Timeline
On 12/30/2021 at 10:52 PM, yvonme said:

It will depend on the outcome of your interview how long it will take until you get your visa and your passport back.  You need to send them medical documentation and administrative processing is taking at least 15 days (per their auto generated email) after receiving documents. They will not respond to inquiries of the case is within that time frame. Administrative processing could also take 180 days.

They received our medical documentation on the 22nd and we have not heard anything as of today the 31st (in AUS time). We were told we were approved pending medical so that’s all we are waiting for also. 

That is what our timeline is too. They received it right before Christmas and we have not hear anything else at all since. My fiancé did email them but just got a generic email back. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

On 10/26/2021 at 12:49 PM, xxxBananaManxxx said:

Aussie immigrants - I have created this topic to capture information regarding the following:

• News regarding the Relocation of the Sydney Consulate;
  • Information concerning the Sydney Consulate reopening in North Sydney;
  • Updates on the scheduling of Immigrant Interviews (either new interviews or the rescheduling of previously cancelled interviews); and
  • News regarding other Australian Consulates (other than Sydney) being engaged to conduct immigrant interviews.

Feel free to provide any information you have on these topics.  Hopefully through sharing we will all be better informed. 

@Melbourne101 This thread might help! 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Kelc said:

Just got DQ'ed today. How long did it take to get an interview date recently from DQ for you recent people? Also are appointments for interviews still happening in Melbourne or are they back in Sydney? 

Interviews are still happening in Melbourne.  I went for mine today.  In terms of the timeframe from DQ to interview, I believe it is quite variable atm depending on the type of Visa you are applying for and whether an expedite is provided.  Expect it to take up to 4 months or more as I believe they have around 6-7 months of backlog atm.

Thanks for sharing your update @xxxBananaManxxx and congratulations on getting your visa! 

may I ask if you asked for your case to be expedited or if NVC just sent it themselves? We’ve been DQ at NVC since august 2021 and have had no update, when we call them they say Sydney consulate is closed and isn’t requesting any new files from NVC

We have no idea when the Sydney  consulate will open either so it’s endless waiting… 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, a bit off topic but where did you guys had your medicals done and how much were they? I live in Perth and we’re due for our medicals and I was just shocked at the cost! The clinic said it can go up to $1200/adult and $400 per child. There are 4 of us so imagine how much it would cost us.  Its really frustrating cos they’re the only panel physician here in perth. Badly want to go over east and have it done there instead.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.