hannahraeroxs

November 2021 Filer Question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, 

I want to add mine and my husbands credit card statements as proof, however, we haven't recently charge till beginning  of 2021 till now. we don't like to charge. if i just show this years statement would that be okay? should i include a letter stating that we don't like to charge on credit cards thats why we dont have many years of statements? 

21 minutes ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Hello, 

I want to add mine and my husbands credit card statements as proof, however, we haven't recently charge till beginning  of 2021 till now. we don't like to charge. if i just show this years statement would that be okay? should i include a letter stating that we don't like to charge on credit cards thats why we dont have many years of statements? 

I think writing a brief letter explaining that would be a good idea.  In addition to that, please keep in mind that you do need to include quarterly or monthly joint bank statements that show all your utilities, groceries and rent/mortgage being withdrawn from a joint account, in addition to deposits being made.  What USCIS is looking for is a proof that you two have co-mingled your finances.  How you run your household finances (i.e. not using credit card) is not important.  Commingling your finances is very important.  

All the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

I think writing a brief letter explaining that would be a good idea.  In addition to that, please keep in mind that you do need to include quarterly or monthly joint bank statements that show all your utilities, groceries and rent/mortgage being withdrawn from a joint account, in addition to deposits being made.  What USCIS is looking for is a proof that you two have co-mingled your finances.  How you run your household finances (i.e. not using credit card) is not important.  Commingling your finances is very important.  

All the best.

thank you! :D yes, i have 2 years ( quarterly bank statements included ) in addition to health insurance for me and my husband through my work and phone bills and 2 years of taxes filing jointly 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As long as you have joint accounts whether it's a savings, checking, investment, etc you're fine. They will glance at activity within the accounts but in my opinion I believe all they care about is that either of you have access to each other's funds. 

My credit cards include my wife as a joint user but she has her own credit card which she primarily uses and never actually uses mine. Plus, credit card companies don't include both names on joint accounts all they do is authorize an additional user. So I wouldn't worry about credit card stuff as long as you have joint bank statements and bills to show. 

I've always followed the instructions outlined on the Forms themselves. They list examples so it is at our discretion on what we believe to be good evidence. There really isn't any right or wrong answer to what needs to be included because not everyone's circumstances are the same. 

For reference here's exactly what I sent in as a cover letter that lists what I included. You can use it as a template for yourself. 

XXXXX and XXXXX
Your Address
City, State Zip

USCIS
P.O. Box 21200
Phoenix, AZ 85036

September 20, 2021

Petition for: Remove Conditions on Residence

Non US Citizen: Name

Dear USCIS:

Please find enclosed.

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

1. Payment in the amount of $680 for I-751 ($595) and biometric ($85)

2. Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

3. Copy of the non US Citizens Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card (front and back)

4. Copy of our Joint IRS Tax Transcripts for 2019 and 2020

5. Copies of our joint bank statements since marriage at XXXX Bank.

6. Copy of investment and retirement accounts at XXXX with listed beneficiaries (July 2021)

7. Copy of our joint medical and dental health insurance policies.

8. Copy of our auto insurance showing joint coverage for 2 vehicles.

9. Copies of our internet/cable bill back to September 2019.

10. Copies of documents for past travel post AOS along with future travel documents to xxxxxx to visit US Citizen Spouse’s (NAME) family. 

11. Affidavit Statement affirming valid marriage by John Doe

12. Affidavit Statement affirming valid marriage by Jane Doe

13. Photos with family, friends, and travels (post AOS).

We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife, Your Wife's Name

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

Your Name and Your Wife’s Name

On 10/13/2021 at 7:08 AM, SoCal2021 said:

All the best.

hi there, 

My husband and I have been in Escrow since last year - our new build has been severely delayed. Unfortunately we have not been able to co mingle finances, since i do not have enough credit history to be on the mortgage. Our broker has advised us against joint accounts to protect his credit score. Will this be an issue with applying to remove my conditions? We're trying to figure out how I can get on the purchase agreement of the house, unfortunately I will not have my name on the mortgage and it will be on the deed/title when we close. Which will be around November timeframe. i'm also pregnant with our second. Any advice?

thanks.

03/23/18 - Sent I-129F Package 

03/26/18 - USCIS received package

03/29/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text)

04/10/18 - Hard copy of NOA1 (around this date)

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

xx/xx/xx - Wedding date <3

Helpful info

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

hi there, 

My husband and I have been in Escrow since last year - our new build has been severely delayed. Unfortunately we have not been able to co-mingle finances, since i do not have enough credit history to be on the mortgage. Our broker has advised us against joint accounts to protect his credit score. Will this be an issue with applying to remove my conditions? We're trying to figure out how I can get on the purchase agreement of the house, unfortunately I will not have my name on the mortgage and it will be on the deed/title when we close. Which will be around November timeframe. i'm also pregnant with our second.

We're also living with my father in law and have no utility bills. We do have a previous rental agreement with my name on it, that we can provide. We were renting until November last year. Will that suffice? 

Any advice?

thanks.

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

Helpful info

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

46 minutes ago, CaliforniaLovin said:

hi there, 

My husband and I have been in Escrow since last year - our new build has been severely delayed. Unfortunately we have not been able to co mingle finances, since i do not have enough credit history to be on the mortgage. Our broker has advised us against joint accounts to protect his credit score. Will this be an issue with applying to remove my conditions? We're trying to figure out how I can get on the purchase agreement of the house, unfortunately I will not have my name on the mortgage and it will be on the deed/title when we close. Which will be around November timeframe. i'm also pregnant with our second. Any advice?

thanks.

So what I am reading is that: 1) you are currently leasing so make sure existing lease document is included in your package.  2) Your name is not going to be included in a FUTURE loan (which is in escrow now and will close at some point in the future).  If that is the case, keep things simple and just provide them with your lease agreement.  Make sure your lease is long term (not month to month) and shows that your rent includes all utilities.  I read that USCIS sends RFE if lease term is month to month. They want to see a long term lease commitment. 

I would also get a letter from your doctor stating your expected due date and attach that to the package.  

Good luck.

Edited by SoCal2021

4 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

So what I am reading is that: 1) you are currently leasing so make sure existing lease document is included in your package.  2) Your name is not going to be included in a FUTURE loan (which is in escrow now and will close at some point in the future).  If that is the case, keep things simple and just provide them with your lease agreement.  Make sure your lease is long term (not month to month) and shows that your rent includes all utilities.  I read that USCIS sends RFE if lease term is month to month. They want to see a long term lease commitment. 

I would also get a letter from your doctor stating your expected due date and attach that to the package.  

Good luck.

So we have been living with my father in-law over the last year, since we're still in Escrow and I have no utility bills in my name. Prior to moving in, I had my name on the rental lease and a bill in my name. Do you think submitting a prior lease will suffice, along with a letter explaining our situation? I have the doctor's note (for work) that I can attach, thanks for that.

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

Helpful info

1 minute ago, CaliforniaLovin said:

So we have been living with my father in-law over the last year, since we're still in Escrow and I have no utility bills in my name. Prior to moving in, I had my name on the rental lease and a bill in my name. Do you think submitting a prior lease will suffice, along with a letter explaining our situation? I have the doctor's note (for work) that I can attach, thanks for that.

I think USCIS needs to see a current active long term lease.  You mentioned you live with your father-in-law (that is OK and some people do live with family members to save money).   My suggestion is to have a lease in place. You can ask any local real estate agent to help you with that or to Google California residential lease agreement and download the lease documents and fill it up yourself.  You can then include your current and previous lease documents together in your ROC package.  These are just my thoughts.  Others may have better suggestions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.