JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Checked DHL.  There are 18 "pieces" on their way to Warsaw.  They should be delivered by end of day Friday!!  My fiancee's application is among them.  For some reason there was a stop in Leipzig, Germany.  It just left there, and is now on it's way to Warsaw!!  I guess there are 17 other applicants in the same "boat".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Tracked our Case as well and seems like it arrived, but due of thanksgiving every embassy is closed. Kind of sucks, but here we go, at least some positive movements in the past weeks :).

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, thekevkev said:

Tracked our Case as well and seems like it arrived, but due of thanksgiving every embassy is closed. Kind of sucks, but here we go, at least some positive movements in the past weeks :).

I might be late to the game to ask or advise but see if your case is in a ready status for the digital receipt.  I know ours was in ready status for the digital copy when I checked Wednesday night.  

This helped me with more celebrating.  And yes, tracking the case showed me that the arrival should be tomorrow.  We are going to prepare everything we can now so we are all set to schedule if any slots are opened in December, but also we will see if/when she receives the official email from the embassy for the go ahead.  It is definitely very exciting compared to the spring and summer.  There is still waiting, but the wait pales in comparison to the first 8 months.

Edited by Keithn85

Timeline
20 hours ago, Maria92 said:

I'm confused.. how does the k2 work @keithn85 I saw you said your fiance has children. Does the child join at a later time? I have been trying to research but it says processing times takes 4 to 5 months at the embassy. Do they join my fiance and I later?

Basically how it works for us which is normal for everyone, when you filled out the petition, you included the beneficiary and the child/children.  When the beneficiary fills out the DS-160, it will ask if there is any family traveling with the applicant (beneficiary).  The beneficiary writes yes and then writes the child/children and what their relationship is (child).  Then at the end of the DS-160 once it is signed and the confirmation page is printed/emailed/etc, there will be a button that says "start family application" and it prefills most of the same information from the beneficiary application.  In the family area of the child's application when it asks if the child is traveling with someone, put yes and put the parent (mother or father) and their relationship to the child (parent).  The child one, unless they are of age to work, is simple to fill out as the work/previous marriages/education are not included and it skips over to the security questions after you fill out the child's parent's information.  (where the mother and father live, what their status is, etc)

I apologize as I would have answered this earlier but I was not thinking clearly when I saw the question and wanted to give a concrete answer.  
Oh the same goes for the visa fees if the child is traveling with the beneficiary, you pay for each person.  So for me, I am providing the visa MRV fee for both Anna and her child.  So basically $530 according to ustraveldocs.  If the child does not travel with the parent at the time of visa issuance, then you would follow the "follow after visa" process if it is within the allotted time frame (i do not remember offhand without going through the guide).  Since Anna and the child are both traveling together, we fill out both applications and pay both fees.  Both of them will attend the interview together and both passports will be stamped for travel.  Also for medical before, both receive the medical exam.  

Let me know either in here or via private message if you have any other questions on that or need more clarity with specific situations.

Edited by Keithn85

4 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Basically how it works for us which is normal for everyone, when you filled out the petition, you included the beneficiary and the child/children.  When the beneficiary fills out the DS-160, it will ask if there is any family traveling with the applicant (beneficiary).  The beneficiary writes yes and then writes the child/children and what their relationship is (child).  Then at the end of the DS-160 once it is signed and the confirmation page is printed/emailed/etc, there will be a button that says "start family application" and it prefills most of the same information from the beneficiary application.  In the family area of the child's application when it asks if the child is traveling with someone, put yes and put the parent (mother or father) and their relationship to the child (parent).  The child one, unless they are of age to work, is simple to fill out as the work/previous marriages/education are not included and it skips over to the security questions after you fill out the child's parent's information.  (where the mother and father live, what their status is, etc)

I apologize as I would have answered this earlier but I was not thinking clearly when I saw the question and wanted to give a concrete answer.  
Oh the same goes for the visa fees if the child is traveling with the beneficiary, you pay for each person.  So for me, I am providing the visa MRV fee for both Anna and her child.  So basically $530 according to ustraveldocs.  If the child does not travel with the parent at the time of visa issuance, then you would follow the "follow after visa" process if it is within the allotted time frame (i do not remember offhand without going through the guide).  Since Anna and the child are both traveling together, we fill out both applications and pay both fees.  Both of them will attend the interview together and both passports will be stamped for travel.  Also for medical before, both receive the medical exam.  

Let me know either in here or via private message if you have any other questions on that or need more clarity with specific situations.

Thank you so much ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Our case is at NVC right now (we got our case number on the 18th). I emailed my embassy and they said there is a bit of backlog so they don’t know when they will request our cases. Oman embassy. 

is there a way to see through DHL if they are any packages on the way to Oman Embassy? 

also, I found someone who went through the process last year here in Muscat, Oman and they said that the embassy gives you the interview slot. So should I wait to fill out the DS160 or can I go ahead and fill that out now? 

It’s all very confusing. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Abhik30 said:

Our case is at NVC right now (we got our case number on the 18th). I emailed my embassy and they said there is a bit of backlog so they don’t know when they will request our cases. Oman embassy. 

is there a way to see through DHL if they are any packages on the way to Oman Embassy? 

also, I found someone who went through the process last year here in Muscat, Oman and they said that the embassy gives you the interview slot. So should I wait to fill out the DS160 or can I go ahead and fill that out now? 

It’s all very confusing. 

Yes you can track down the packages going to your country. The NVC ships every 2nd week, the last shipping was on the 23rd November. So if your case isn’t in transit it will stay there for awhile depending how your embassy is affected by the backlog.

In order to track down the DHL packages you have to go there:

Http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Type in the shippers reference.

EXP 23 NOV 2021 A

select the time frame and type in your country. Make sure you leave the space in between or else it’s not working. You need the EXP | Date | Month | Year | A

If you leave the country blank you see every package (case) they ship. Maybe use a computer, seems like the link is getting messed up by a phone :).

Edited by thekevkev
Link messed up

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Timeline
13 minutes ago, thekevkev said:

Yes you can track down the packages going to your country. The NVC ships every 2nd week, the last shipping was on the 23rd November. So if your case isn’t in transit it will stay there for awhile depending how your embassy is affected by the backlog.

In order to track down the DHL packages you have to go there:

Http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Type in the shippers reference.

EXP 23 NOV 2021 A

select the time frame and type in your country. Make sure you leave the space in between or else it’s not working. You need the EXP | Date | Month | Year | A

If you leave the country blank you see every package (case) they ship. Maybe use a computer, seems like the link is getting messed up by a phone :).

Hi thanks for replying. The link is not working for me. 
it keeps asking for my country and then takes me to its homepage. 

54 minutes ago, Abhik30 said:

It’s all very confusing. 

You got case # by calling NVC or they send you an email? Thanks

Timeline
2 hours ago, Abhik30 said:

Hi thanks for replying. The link is not working for me. 
it keeps asking for my country and then takes me to its homepage. 

image.thumb.png.364c72e05b96879a9cc9ae1eff72d550.png

If you can arrive to the DHL express home page inside of the country you select, then click track and click track by reference.  In my screenshot, it shows the reference as a blue hyperlink you can click on.  Yours might be different but this is where that link @thekevkev leads to.  
This address https://mydhl.express.dhl/us/en/tracking.html#/track-by-reference is another US based address and might work for you, but really the above area is where you need to be in order to access "track by reference"

Timeline
3 hours ago, Abhik30 said:

It’s all very confusing. 

Also, did you update your email via the form on the NVC inquiry website or by phone when you called?  I am not checking past posts currently so I do not remember if you said you did.  If you did, then you should be all set to get notifications via email.  If not, I would strongly suggest either calling or submitting the form online.  I posted before, but Anna and I are both receiving email updates (at least when it was requested by the embassy) and we both should receive the embassy package email.  So definitely "update" your emails even if you provided emails during the petition.  Update them anyway to make sure NVC is utilizing them.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

image.thumb.png.364c72e05b96879a9cc9ae1eff72d550.png

If you can arrive to the DHL express home page inside of the country you select, then click track and click track by reference.  In my screenshot, it shows the reference as a blue hyperlink you can click on.  Yours might be different but this is where that link @thekevkev leads to.  
This address https://mydhl.express.dhl/us/en/tracking.html#/track-by-reference is another US based address and might work for you, but really the above area is where you need to be in order to access "track by reference"

Okay I got to the screen and put in the “EXP 23 NOV 2021 A” and it said “no results found”

same for when I put in my country as a destination and even when I leave it blank 

50 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Also, did you update your email via the form on the NVC inquiry website or by phone when you called?  I am not checking past posts currently so I do not remember if you said you did.  If you did, then you should be all set to get notifications via email.  If not, I would strongly suggest either calling or submitting the form online.  I posted before, but Anna and I are both receiving email updates (at least when it was requested by the embassy) and we both should receive the embassy package email.  So definitely "update" your emails even if you provided emails during the petition.  Update them anyway to make sure NVC is utilizing them.

When my fiancé called them to get the number they asked her both our email addresses and she provided them. So I think they’ve updated it in the system. But I haven’t received any email. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Abhik30 said:

Okay I got to the screen and put in the “EXP 23 NOV 2021 A” and it said “no results found”

Yep try EXP 23 NOV 2021A  (no space between 1 and A)  and put the shipping dates 23-24 or you can do 22-24

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Abhik30 said:

When my fiancé called them to get the number they asked her both our email addresses and she provided them. So I think they’ve updated it in the system. But I haven’t received any email. 

Alright you both are all set.  You should receive an email the morning of the Tuesday/wednesday when the embassy requests your case #.  That is pretty much all you will receive until the embassy starts emailing.  You can check the case # for your embassy on the ceac site every other week but if they said there was a backlog, I would say maybe next shipping week but probably closer to the 13 DEC/14 DEC or sometime in January.  Again, this is not knowing how long the backlog actually is.  I am going to check previous cases that people have posted on here to see if we can get some light shed on your embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.