michellemilitza

N400-outside processing time COVID

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello,

It's been a while since I was on here.  Hubby submitted his application for N400 (online) in March 2020....yes, you read that right in 2020, thanks to COVID it is now outside the normal processing time. 🙄 He requested a status update and he was told he'll hear back by Sept 29......lo and behold we heard nothing... we managed to speak to a live person when we called 800-375-5283, and they told us to wait, and  that there is nothing she can tell us at this time.  

The only thing we have received in the mail was back in January 2021, stating that he didn't need updated biometrics (we've traveled quite a bit since he got his GC in 2009),and they were going to use what they had in the system but of course they weren't going to refund us the biometrics fee 😅

I believe his case is at the NBC, but I can't seem to find the phone number for that. Would anyone here happen to have it?  Also, anyone else having the same experience and have any advice of what we can do while we wait? Thankfully hubby's GC doesn't expire until Oct 2022, but it's a little disheartening seeing ppl who applied waaaaay after us getting interviews by the end of this year.  Any and all advice is appreciated thanks!🤗

-Michelle

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

18 minutes ago, Stuff2447 said:

Something is definitely wrong. My local office was also Oakland Park, FL.  I also applied in March 2020, and was sworn in the first week of January, 2021.  

I wouldnt say that because i submitted my n-400 on september 2019 & i was sworn August 2021. I fortunately found this website around the time my interview was finally scheduled but reading the delays and different stories here would have drove me crazy overthinking every step of the process. The way i dealt with the wait was forgetting i even submitted an application & took things as they came. I had two 3 scheduled interview during my case. First one on march 2020 was canceled, second one on october 2020 the IO told me i was scheduled by mistake and apologized for my inconvenience. Finally on august 13 i was able to interview and eventually get sworn in. Overthinking the process is what actually makes it longer.  

Edited by Adujarric

6 minutes ago, Adujarric said:

I wouldnt say that because i submitted my n-400 on september 2019 & i was sworn August 2021. I fortunately found this website around the time my interview was finally scheduled but reading the delays and different stories here would have drove me crazy overthinking every step of the process. The way i dealt with the wait was forgetting i even submitted an application & took things as they came. I had two 3 scheduled interview during my case. First one on march 2020 was canceled, second one on october 2020 the IO told me i was scheduled by mistake and apologized for my inconvenience. Finally on august 13 i was able to interview and eventually get sworn in. Overthinking the process is what actually makes it longer.  

Your local office was Newark.  My local office is the same as the OP's and we applied around the same time.  There is no reasonable explanation as to why the OP hasn't been interviewed yet, when I was sworn in 9 months ago.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stuff2447 said:

Something is definitely wrong. My local office was also Oakland Park, FL.  I also applied in March 2020, and was sworn in the first week of January, 2021.  

Thanks I guess??

I obviously know there is something wrong... for some reason my husbands file fell through the cracks....the purpose of the post was to see if anyone else had the same issue and if they could offer any advice...

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

1 hour ago, michellemilitza said:

Thanks I guess??

I obviously know there is something wrong... for some reason my husbands file fell through the cracks....the purpose of the post was to see if anyone else had the same issue and if they could offer any advice...

Every case is different, and you can't assume that something is wrong yet. I applied June 2019, and was only naturalized in August 2021.

I would be pushing my senators to make enquiries, and also filing a case with the ombudsman.

9 minutes ago, bing10 said:

I would be pushing my senators to make enquiries, and also filing a case with the ombudsman.

Little point using both opportunities at the same time imo.

Personally, I’d start with my congressperson (more directly elected and more likely to respond), then senator if not helpful, then ombudsman. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.