MAJPoet

60 Plus Days on AP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, here we are, more than 60 days on AP. Last week they called my fiancé in to the embassy for a second interview. We suspected it was to ask questions about things they may have doubted. She said the interview went well. We were hoping to get a decision after the second interview--whether yea or nay. But they just said they would "be in touch." So, a week has passed and still no movement. I seem to remember seeing 60 days as some kind of benchmark. Is there anything that we can do (besides waiting by the phone every minute of the day)? I know people sometimes wait in AP for years. I get it. But is there any recourse? Our lawyer simply said AP is a "Black Hole". He didn't offer any more than that not so colorful metaphor. I've read about writing the embassy, contacting a congress person, even suing. Has anyone heard of any of these measures succeeding? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congressman can not help/  they have no control over immigration

Did the embassy keep her passport?

When did she do the medical exam and did they ask for new one as its only good for 6 months ?

and yes people have sued but it only forces a decision and that can be negative / I wouldn't push the Casa embassy

I would expect u to hear in just a few weeks now

keep checking the CEAC site and if u don't already know it will be under immigrant visa there

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

and in case her medical is getting close to expiration (that is also date of the visa expiration) be ready to buy the ticket

she can not transit thru France without a tourist visa from there (not sure of other countries so check them or get direct flight into NYC

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Congressman can not help/  they have no control over immigration

Did the embassy keep her passport?

When did she do the medical exam and did they ask for new one as its only good for 6 months ?

and yes people have sued but it only forces a decision and that can be negative / I wouldn't push the Casa embassy

I would expect u to hear in just a few weeks now

keep checking the CEAC site and if u don't already know it will be under immigrant visa there

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

and in case her medical is getting close to expiration (that is also date of the visa expiration) be ready to buy the ticket

she can not transit thru France without a tourist visa from there (not sure of other countries so check them or get direct flight into NYC

Yes, they have her passport. They have had it for the whole two months. Her medical exam was done right before her first interview. So, it’s been a little over 2 months.

If approved, we would do a direct flight. What about emailing the embassy? Any benefit? 

Thanks for all your advice. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MAJPoet said:

Yes, they have her passport. They have had it for the whole two months. Her medical exam was done right before her first interview. So, it’s been a little over 2 months.

If approved, we would do a direct flight. What about emailing the embassy? Any benefit? 

Thanks for all your advice. 

Can't hurt to email the embassy / usually only get a generic response  but never hurts to email

Include case # ,  both names and both DOB's

i would say (guess from past posts) that they have her passport and intend to issue the visa and u were just in AP for extended security checks 

was she from Fes or north area?

support-morocco@ustraveldocs.com

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Can't hurt to email the embassy / usually only get a generic response  but never hurts to email

Include case # ,  both names and both DOB's

i would say (guess from past posts) that they have her passport and intend to issue the visa and u were just in AP for extended security checks 

was she from Fes or north area?

support-morocco@ustraveldocs.com

Yes, Fes. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MAJPoet said:

Yes, Fes. 

That's the reason for the long AP 

if you go back thru the old old posts u will find one from Derek who's wife was 11 months in AP because she lived in Fes 

hopefully yours is now complete 

she never heard about the case till embassy sent her a email to get new medical and then approved the visa 

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I've been in AP for 8 months now, but Israel went to war so their processing was limited for several months. I wish they were more transparent in their process. I heard writ of mandamus is not working as of late because the cases are being tossed by the judge, and I heard something about a Freedom of Information Act but I don't see the point of that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.