Jump to content

File new work authorization form after 18 month extension is over?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam

We filed form I-751 for removal of conditional status, however, the 18 month extension they gave us with the NOA after filing the form is over. Do we have to file another work authorization form to continue working? Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to call customer service and schedule an appointment at your local office to get an I-551 stamp that will serve as proof of permanent residence. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in a similar situation and my permanent residence extension by 18 months that came with I-797 expires at October 20th. 

I am supposed to start a new job a few days before that date. Will they still accept the I-797 as proof of work authorization for starting the position?


This here suggests that employers need to re-verify status once the I-797 extension expires. How strict is this? Is there some some cushion in case you haven't gotten an infopass appointment in the meantime?



I called to get an Infopass appointment to get the I-551 stamp but slowly getting a bit nervous since since it's been 25 days since requesting a meeting.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...