dkrivosheyev

Police certificate - where to apply?

38 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where should my fiance go to apply for Russian police certificate? There are local police stations and also some kind of central MVD office for the entire city. Should she apply at her local station? She lived at more than just one address in her city, so does she need to apply at every location she lived since she was 16?

Thank you

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If same city, then just one cert needed.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...er/R/Russia.htm

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

If it's a big city, she can try the central station, they must know what it is if people have asked for it before and sometimes they even have a form for it. In a small town (like mine) they had no clue what it was (but it was a couple of years ago) so I just found a major (somebody with a higher police education would do) at my local station, explained to him, what I needed and where it would go to, he asked me to make the document myself, checked me in their crime system, and then when I brought him the paper, he signed it and gave it to the main police guy in town sign it. It was enough in my case! It was a little scary to do but a smile goes far with those serious guys in uniforms! :)

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
This poster has completely failed to read the question asked and has given advise which is true, but is inapplicable nor helpful to the original poster.

To answer your question, no one here can no for sure unless they are from your town. However, by going to the local police station and telling them you need a police certificate to immigrate to the United States, someone there will direct to the right office. This advice generally works because you are probably not the first nor the last Russian woman to immigrate to the US from your town. As we all know Russia's leading export is probably female brides anyway.

Does anyone know where should my fiance go to apply for Russian police certificate?

If your fiancee has lived in different cities in Russia and now resides in a regional center (областной центр), she must go to the local UVD, they will give her a special form where she fills in all her names and date and place of birth. Nobody will ask for the list of cities, since they check their databases by name and date of birth and produce a certificate according to their form, the same across all UVDs in Russia. It's useless to bribe any police officers to speed up the process, since the certificate they'll sign will most likely get rejected by the consular officer.

If she lives in a small city, she can apply to the local OVD but it will be slower since they transfer the request to the regional UVD anyway. So it's recommended that she find an occasion to visit her oblast center and apply to the regional UVD. The addresses and more explanation (in Russian) can be found here.

Hope this helps.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

This poster has completely failed to read the question asked and has given advise which is true, but is inapplicable nor helpful to the original poster.

As we all know Russia's leading export is probably female brides anyway.

A trial today, Satellite? Still in "the zone"? If I'm ever in Kali, I'm going to retain your services!

I don't know if female brides are technically the leading export (they've got a good shot) but they're certainly my favorite export!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
A trial today, Satellite? Still in "the zone"? If I'm ever in Kali, I'm going to retain your services!
Nope, I am just annoyed when people post without reading the question. As for the language and tone, I have adopted it as my own in everyday use, which is kind of scary!
I don't know if female brides are technically the leading export (they've got a good shot) but they're certainly my favorite export!
You are probably right, the real answer is oil, gas, and other natural resources. But from a manufacturing standpoint, they sure aren't making any thing.

You are probably right, the real answer is oil, gas, and other natural resources. But from a manufacturing standpoint, they sure aren't making any thing.

I wonder though, if they did a study on the man-hours invested in oil, gas, other natural resources compared to the output, if brides would actually be a higher outputted item.

You're comparing apples to oranges, but if you were to crunch the numbers on millions of barrels/brides, there'd probably be a pretty close race! Say it takes so many man-hours to output one barrel of oil, there's also a number for one bride. There really is an "industry" in Russia for producing foreign brides. It probably has nowhere near the same monetary value, but as far as actual "units shipped" it may be pretty close!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

There really is an "industry" in Russia for producing foreign brides. It probably has nowhere near the same monetary value, but as far as actual "units shipped" it may be pretty close!

I would actually start a business of shipping in foreign husbands. We'll see how they compete with our domestic product, in the local environment. Shoes I definitely prefer to buy from Italy, wine from France, why not consider men from the U.S.?

Seriously, I hope you guys are jesting, otherwise this whole banter sounds a bit offensive.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
I would actually start a business of shipping in foreign husbands. We'll see how they compete with our domestic product, in the local environment. Shoes I definitely prefer to buy from Italy, wine from France, why not consider men from the U.S.?

They don't stand a chance in that environment. From what I have seen and heard by now, they don't seem to have mental skills and physical strength appropriate to survive in less civilized areas than the geographical capital of the country (in case we wouldn't consider Moscow as a primary habitat for the attempt of accommodation due to the similarity of the conditions of the latter)

Now how is that for an attitude in response to "units shipped"? :)

Edited by noone

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Seriously, I hope you guys are jesting, otherwise this whole banter sounds a bit offensive.

As of 2005 Russia exported 2,600,000,000 bbl. of oil and 220,000,000,000 cu m of gas. This is a lot of fuel. Exporting people would fall under human trafficking, so I do find this in poor taste.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline
They don't stand a chance in that environment. From what I have seen and heard by now, they don't seem to have mental skills and physical strength appropriate to survive in less civilized areas than the geographical capital of the country (in case we wouldn't consider Moscow as a primary habitat for the attempt of accommodation due to the similarity of the conditions of the latter)
Any habitat works when you consider that the shipped in US men, like many on this board come with a lot of cash. And with money there are plenty of people dying to do everything from chopping your wood to keep the home warm to cleaning your house even in the worst of habitats, northern Siberia! Drop the money factor, send them poor, and I completely agree with you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As of 2005 Russia exported 2,600,000,000 bbl. of oil and 220,000,000,000 cu m of gas. This is a lot of fuel. Exporting people would fall under human trafficking, so I do find this in poor taste.

In 2006, there were approx. 2,000 "K" visas issued for Russians.......

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Any habitat works when you consider that the shipped in US men, like many on this board come with a lot of cash. And with money there are plenty of people dying to do everything from chopping your wood to keep the home warm to cleaning your house even in the worst of habitats, northern Siberia! Drop the money factor, send them poor, and I completely agree with you!

That's only a short-term advantage. Cash will be depleted long before the "product" acquires tolerable survival skills. A shipped Russian bride is, on the contrary, fairly survival-ready upon entry into the US. Plus, according to my estimates, the total cost of ownership of a US male is many times that of a Russian female, whereas ROI is considerably lower and slower!

Edited by Blues Fairy

Timeline
In 2006, there were approx. 2,000 "K" visas issued for Russians.......
Statistically speaking the K visa is rarely used. The majority of these folks "immigrate" by adjusting status in the US based on some other visa, mostly likely B2. Those numbers aren't as readily available.
That's only a short-term advantage. Cash will be depleted long before the "product" acquires tolerable survival skills.
All true except this part. Perhaps true for younger men, but the older ones, are coming in with their Social Security Pension, Army Pension, Private Employer Pension, Union Pension, and my favorite trust fund money! That is a steady supply of money for life! Therefore, the male will never have to develop survival skills. So I disagree :P The rest is so true!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.