dkrivosheyev

Police certificate - where to apply?

38 posts in this topic

You know, you write like you're trying to win an argument and as though you know everything about everything. You claim to know what "most" guys would or wouldn't do and even though you claim to be poor, you know what rich guys will or won't do in a situation. In your posts, you are claiming to know what "all" or "most" or "everyone" would do in a given situation. Just speaking about your own experiences would make your statements more acceptable to others, but since you are not rich, you can't know what ALL rich people do or think. And anyway, aren't rich people only living a facade and not really rich, happy, or living in luxury? I think it was something like that ;)

If you can, speak from the first person and from experience rather than from a generalizing point of view. Your statements might be true for you and only for you. They are certainly interesting. :thumbs: Sorry, I just question everything and that makes me more inclined to see exposure in an argument. Perhaps you should go to law school and become a lawyer ... even an immigration lawyer ... we all know we could use one that is able to argue with USCIS. :P

Natalia

For the record, your post is almost exactly what my wife tells me and also the reason she hates seeing me on VJ. "You act like you most high, like you best of the best, so smart and know everything, blat.... you just primitive, fat, and poor man."

Also for the record, we already have a Russia Forum "attorney" (see above!) and he does quite a good job "not" offering legal advice about the process and immigration laws...... and winning just about every argument thrown his way. Along with the several other forum members that are self-employed and small business owners, we have the legal side and the tax side just about covered. Then you throw in the unique points of view based on all of our different walks of life, and you really do get pretty good coverage on just about anything you need.

Personally, I comment the way I do because I only have a short amount of time to make a point. A few keystrokes and you either agree or disagree, but, you're going to think about my post! I'm not going to get on a forum and keep up with it to simply interject a "congrats!" here and there. I'm on here to provide help and advice for the VJ process first, then to interject a little bit of thought provoking insight into a unique situation. I generalize and say "all Americans" or "all guys" or things of this nature because we all generally do the same things. Granted there are always going to be individuals who do things differently and sure two sides to every story and even sometimes folks can fall into several categories of the same or opposite things.

I said "insight" into a "unique" situation. Your situation is unique. However, I may have done something like that before or have known someone who has been in a similar situation to your "unique" situation and based on my first-hand experience or my observations or even my conclusions after the fact, I can make an "insightful" post on the subject without ever actually experiencing it myself.

That said, I have been blessed with travelling the world and meeting thousands upon thousands of people. Furthermore, I previously held a job where I had to sit inside a truck with someone (sometimes three or more other people) for a long period of time with absolutely nothing to do except talk about stuff. I'm no Dr. Phil, but the human psyche isn't so hard to figure out that you need to go to school for 10 years to figure out what a given person is most likely going to do in a given situation. There's also evidence to back this up because most people do certain things based on certain other things.

Simply put, deductive reasoning applies to people in more situations than not.

My previous job also taught me a lot about randomness. So, you have to figure on random things happenning during the "generalized" periods and processes. The human element of the equation, if you will.

I can't accurately say "100% of people will do this in this situation," and I hope those reading my posts keep that in mind, but I can say "based on what I've observed in my life, I can conjecture this is what that guy/girl would do in that situation and taken as a group, most of the people in that group would do the same thing however there will be some of the individuals in the group that do not do what the majority of the group does."

Case in point (and what got all of this going in the first place) - International dating/marriages and the underlying reasons behind it. I will rest my case as soon as someone shows me a website (or the like) with 48,000 foreign men looking for "western" wives. Until that happens, I'm on my third-person, broad, generalized soap box because there is proof to my argument. Show me your proof (not just "I love my husband and he loves me") and I'll shut up. I love my wife too, but I'll be the first one to tell you I got a good "deal" by marrying her, and her, not so much. Sure I'm a good husband, but you've seen us together...... who got the better deal here? And more importantly..... why? If you look at the "why?" part and take it back to my 7th grade biology theory, you'll see the better deal starts to balance out, and that's why it happened for me and my wife.

From this point on, I will try to put more of my posts in the first-person. I don't like doing that because it makes it "personal" and I'm not really a "personal" guy on the internet. I'm a "group" guy on the internet. Well, a unique individual in part of the bigger group, anyway.

(By the way, this is what makes it fun for me. The debates. The "OOOOOOHHHHH! No he didn't!" Or, "I can't believe she said that." Etc., etc., etc. Because after a few rounds of intelligent debate, someone interjects a good one and has me seeing something from a different side. It's so rare now that I meet intelligent people willing to rationally talk about their point of view. I choose the internet as the forum becuase there's no such thing as yelling and the element of body language has been taken away. There's no misinterpretation based on you rolling your eyes or a huffy-puffy response. More clarity to your view. More direct acknowledgement of where you stand on the issue. And usully, there's far less waffling!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good reply slim ... nice debating with you :) I understand your view and appreciate the history you bring to the themes.

Natalia

Dwayne (Denver, CO - USA) / Natalia (Mendeleevsk, Tatarstan, Russia)

July, 2003 - Met online

March 5 - March 17, 2004 - Spent 2 AWESOME weeks together in the Dominican Republic

May 1st, 2004 - I-129F to Nebraska - Sent Registed Mail

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

May 12, 2004 - Received NOA #1 in mail

NOA #2 - August 10th - Approved - 96 days

August 11, 2004 - Received NOA #2 Notice via email

August 26th, 2004 - Petition arrives at NVC and case number assigned - 112 days

August 27th, 2004 - Received tourist visa from Russian consulate for visit ...

August 30th, 2004 - NOA2 arrives in mailbox

September 9th - 16th, 2004 - Visited Natalia for a week vacation in Moscow!!!! - Awesome time!

September 13th, 2004 - Successful Medical Exam in Moscow - have sealed envelope and X-Rays

September 15th, 2004 - NVC sent off to Moscow

September 23rd, 2004 - Interview date granted

October 4th, 2004 - Received Packet 3/4 from Moscow

November 10th, 2004 - Interview Moscow !!!! - 188 days

November 10th, 2004 - Interview Success !!!!

November 15th, 2004 - K-1 Visa in Hand!!!

November 20th, 2004 - Flight to USA on Aeroflot - JFK POE - 198 days!!!!

November 20th, 2004 - At home in Denver, Colorado, USA

December 10th, 2004 - Married !!!!!

AOS

February 15th, 2005 - NOA

March 14th, 2005 - Recieved NOA in mail

March 15th, 2005 - Fingerprint appointment made in Denver

May 27th, 2005 - AOS Interview - Approved!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I would think most guys could have some sort of survival skills.... but I've seen a whole lot of homeless dudes begging for change. I can probably count on one hand the number of homeless chicks I've seen in my life. So, advantage: ladies.

Time to spend some time in Russia, Slim. I see lots of beggars, and they are nearly all old women. It is terrible.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

I saw an old woman in Moscow "begging" for change on Red Square. She's probably begged her way to a Mercedes by now.

And the W/C ladies have got to be making a killing too. 10 Kopeks for the rights to your potty a few sheets of TP? Come on! They're probably driving around BMWs or something.

I'm not saying there aren't poor old women in Russia, but like everywhere else, there are pretty street savvy business people as well.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
I saw an old woman in Moscow "begging" for change on Red Square. She's probably begged her way to a Mercedes by now.

And the W/C ladies have got to be making a killing too. 10 Kopeks for the rights to your potty a few sheets of TP? Come on! They're probably driving around BMWs or something.

I'm not saying there aren't poor old women in Russia, but like everywhere else, there are pretty street savvy business people as well.

You're making the assumption that the old woman gets to keep a substantial amount of her earnings. My guess is that she pays a pretty hefty price to the mafia for the rights to work that area. Somebody's driving a BMW, but it aint her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 Kopeks for the rights to your potty a few sheets of TP? Come on!
At one place the lady told me the toilet paper will cost $1. I told her I'll wipe my a$$ with the dollar.

..okay stole that one from Yakov Smirnof.

You're making the assumption that the old woman gets to keep a substantial amount of her earnings. My guess is that she pays a pretty hefty price to the mafia for the rights to work that area. Somebody's driving a BMW, but it aint her.

And you're making the assumption that old ladies lack the intelligence to outsmart mafia goons. "One for them... two for me."

(All she's gotta do is take her stash and drop it off to the W/C ladies who can hide it in one of their portolets. Then, they cut a deal with the $#!T sucker guy, who is actually W/C granny's nephew, to transport it out in his truck and afterwards, they meet up in a Metro station, hop on the train, then step out and all go in different directions leaving the goons holding an empty box of toilet paper. Come on, you've seen this one, right? For comic relief, one of the goons, probably the one that threatened the beggar lady earlier in the movie, walks out with a big long line of TP stuck to his shoe and all the other goons are too scared to tell "the boss" so they let him walk all the way through the station trailing this TP from his shoe. Everyone is pointing and laughing and then a cop stops them. They think they're busted but the cop only points out the TP on the goon's shoe with a point his Kalashnikov and a polite "Ah-hem." Then the crowd goes bonkers because the boss starts slapping the piss out of his cronies for not telling him........ all of this is observed by an old granny sitting in the W/C doorway at the trainstation and we fade to black with her laughing hysterically at the whole situation.)

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.