JanettRod

Do I need a new AOS I-864

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JanettRod said:

It’s a different form for joint sponsee correct? 

No, its the same form- I-864 that you have filed and would file...Its just that a new form would be filed by another person who would be called as a joint sponsor. The reason for me to ask you to have another I-864 form from a joint sponsor ready is if consular officer wouldn’t accept your new job or current income into consideration to issue immigrant visa to your husband then at least you could produce a whole new and completed form I-864 from another person (joint sponsor). This way your husband would be able to get visa than delaying and rejecting his application. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
29 minutes ago, TWISTIE said:

No, its the same form- I-864 that you have filed and would file...Its just that a new form would be filed by another person who would be called as a joint sponsor. The reason for me to ask you to have another I-864 form from a joint sponsor ready is if consular officer wouldn’t accept your new job or current income into consideration to issue immigrant visa to your husband then at least you could produce a whole new and completed form I-864 from another person (joint sponsor). This way your husband would be able to get visa than delaying and rejecting his application. 

Thank you so much for clarifying. We will get a joint sponser just in case. I did advise my husband to not

Mention anything unless asked. But if they do, we’ll have the new i864 ready 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, JanettRod said:

Thank you so much for clarifying. We will get a joint sponser just in case. I did advise my husband to not

Mention anything unless asked. But if they do, we’ll have the new i864 ready 

Some consular officers don’t accept I-864 when petitioner’s job is new or not for long enough. Because then they don’t find it to determine a financial stability. And then they want I-864 from a joint sponsor. Your new I-864 would be based on new job then no one could say how consular officer would take it...Thus, its better to be ready with a new I-864 from a  joint sponsor... Immigration laws give a lots of discretionary power to consular/immigration officers to decide how to weigh the financial situations of petitioner, and some officers are really tough ones...Thus, be ready for plan B...

Timeline
26 minutes ago, TWISTIE said:

Some consular officers don’t accept I-864 when petitioner’s job is new or not for long enough. Because then they don’t find it to determine a financial stability. And then they want I-864 from a joint sponsor. Your new I-864 would be based on new job then no one could say how consular officer would take it...Thus, its better to be ready with a new I-864 from a  joint sponsor... Immigration laws give a lots of discretionary power to consular/immigration officers to decide how to weigh the financial situations of petitioner, and some officers are really tough ones...Thus, be ready for plan B...

Yeah I had a feeling. 
Must I have it ready in my packet or submit it?? 
we are pretty much waiting on his expedited interview 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, JanettRod said:

Yeah I had a feeling. 
Must I have it ready in my packet or submit it?? 
we are pretty much waiting on his expedited interview 

Don’t submit anything nor your husband should voluntarily give anything to the consular officer during his interview. If consular officer would object anything to your previously submitted I-864 or reject it then your husband should hand it over your newly filed I-864 with new job with all supporting documents....and if officer would have problem with your newly filed I-864 as well then only he should hand it over a I-864 from a joint sponsor with all supporting documents- such as employer letter, pay-stubs, tax transcripts (not tax returns because if tax returns would be given then it would go with all the other documents with it. Thus, tax transcripts are better. And be ready for tax returns for the last 3 yrs of joint sponsor), proof of US citizen or LPR for joint sponsor, and if joint sponsor is married and filing tax returns with his/her spouse then you would need another I-864A filed by his/her spouse.

By the way, what was the ground that his case was approved for expedited interview? What kind of illness or medical condition? Are you planning on attending interview with him? If I were you, I would.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TWISTIE said:

Don’t submit anything nor your husband should voluntarily give anything to the consular officer during his interview. If consular officer would object anything to your previously submitted I-864 or reject it then your husband should hand it over your newly filed I-864 with new job with all supporting documents....and if officer would have problem with your newly filed I-864 as well then only he should hand it over a I-864 from a joint sponsor with all supporting documents- such as employer letter, pay-stubs, tax transcripts (not tax returns because if tax returns would be given then it would go with all the other documents with it. Thus, tax transcripts are better. And be ready for tax returns for the last 3 yrs of joint sponsor), proof of US citizen or LPR for joint sponsor, and if joint sponsor is married and filing tax returns with his/her spouse then you would need another I-864A filed by his/her spouse.

By the way, what was the ground that his case was approved for expedited interview? What kind of illness or medical condition? Are you planning on attending interview with him? If I were you, I would.

Thank you.  Very informative. 
Yes I plan to go with him,tho I am aware I’m not allowed in the building. 

The expedite is due to his illness, My husband has stage 3 chronic kidney disease and we are currently starting the kidney transplant process. He was diagnosed January 2020. 
I got a hold of our state Senator and we communicated back and forth. I sent her all his information so she can submit in our behalf’s, I was very on top of things that I didn’t hear anything from the NVC so i sent out another email to the the NVC after waiting 2 months with ALL his doctor forms and diagnoses and letters, we finally got notice of approval yesterday. We started this expedite in April of this year. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JanettRod said:

Thank you.  Very informative. 
Yes I plan to go with him,tho I am aware I’m not allowed in the building. 

The expedite is due to his illness, My husband has stage 3 chronic kidney disease and we are currently starting the kidney transplant process. He was diagnosed January 2020. 
I got a hold of our state Senator and we communicated back and forth. I sent her all his information so she can submit in our behalf’s, I was very on top of things that I didn’t hear anything from the NVC so i sent out another email to the the NVC after waiting 2 months with ALL his doctor forms and diagnoses and letters, we finally got notice of approval yesterday. We started this expedite in April of this year. 

I am really so sorry for his medical condition. He has diabetes? My sister in law has the same medical condition. She is born with only one kidney and that kidney has also gone 98% for the last 5 yrs...Every doctor advised her to do kidney transplant which she was about to do it anyway until they found out some good news from somewhere about some herbal medicine for kidney in India. For the last 5 yrs she is taking those herbal stuffs and referred many. Her kidney didn’t get better but it didn’t go worse as well. She is feeling better everyday with those herbal treatment along with some dietary precautions. I asked her why she didn’t do kidney transplant especially when her mother was willing to give her kidney to her. She said that it costs so much in India to do kidney transplant. Secondly, sometime kidney doesn’t match. Thirdly, even if it does get matched, it gets failed. So, it was and is a very sad situation. I hope and pray that your husband would get better soon, you both to be together soon as a family. And I am sure you know that we have better medical treatments in the US especially when it comes to severe medical conditions.

Always stay on top of things, that’s what I do. Not only for this process, but in every walk of life...On his medical treatment, you please stay on the top of that too. Don’t take any answer for no from any senior or well-known doctor too...and don’t believe blindly on these doctors...Just do your homework on anything they say and then make wise decision for him or mutually decide. I pray for both of you....

1 hour ago, TWISTIE said:

you both to be together soon as a family.

Looks like OP's husband is currently in the US. He filed Form I-601A which limits the time outside US. https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-of-us-citizens/provisional-unlawful-presence-waivers "...apply for that waiver in the United States before they depart for their immigrant visa interview." Some cases just spend 2 to 3 weeks outside the US. Other cases end-up spending months outside the US before returning with Immigrant Visa.

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
1 hour ago, TWISTIE said:

I am really so sorry for his medical condition. He has diabetes? My sister in law has the same medical condition. She is born with only one kidney and that kidney has also gone 98% for the last 5 yrs...Every doctor advised her to do kidney transplant which she was about to do it anyway until they found out some good news from somewhere about some herbal medicine for kidney in India. For the last 5 yrs she is taking those herbal stuffs and referred many. Her kidney didn’t get better but it didn’t go worse as well. She is feeling better everyday with those herbal treatment along with some dietary precautions. I asked her why she didn’t do kidney transplant especially when her mother was willing to give her kidney to her. She said that it costs so much in India to do kidney transplant. Secondly, sometime kidney doesn’t match. Thirdly, even if it does get matched, it gets failed. So, it was and is a very sad situation. I hope and pray that your husband would get better soon, you both to be together soon as a family. And I am sure you know that we have better medical treatments in the US especially when it comes to severe medical conditions.

Always stay on top of things, that’s what I do. Not only for this process, but in every walk of life...On his medical treatment, you please stay on the top of that too. Don’t take any answer for no from any senior or well-known doctor too...and don’t believe blindly on these doctors...Just do your homework on anything they say and then make wise decision for him or mutually decide. I pray for both of you....

Thank you so much for your kind words. My family and I appreciate it Very much. Like many others, it’s been an emotional roller coaster. But we are very grateful with this approval. 
I simply hope and pray when we’re there for the interview everything goes as hoped. 

40 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Looks like OP's husband is currently in the US. He filed Form I-601A which limits the time outside US. https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-of-us-citizens/provisional-unlawful-presence-waivers "...apply for that waiver in the United States before they depart for their immigrant visa interview." Some cases just spend 2 to 3 weeks outside the US. Other cases end-up spending months outside the US before returning with Immigrant Visa.

Correct. ☺️

Timeline
5 hours ago, ibulp said:

AWe had a visa interview and I changed my job but got a better one, they didn't ask for a new AOS, however they asked for new tax transcripts. May be it is different for you.

Though my tax transcript wouldn’t  show my current employer?

Timeline
47 minutes ago, ibulp said:

That is all what they asked me for, I quit my other job 2 years ago.

Okay thank you for that information. I will definitely be prepared with the transcript just in case. Better to be over prepared for any scenario. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.