Justino38

How to pay visa fee in Senegal? [split topic]

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 9/6/2021 at 3:49 PM, green_rabbit said:

Weird. And the application has for sure arrived at the embassy from NVC? I'd email the embassy.

I just called to book my medical but the lady say I must get Johnson and Johnson Codvid vaccine before I come for the medical exam. Is this the new requirement 

Timeline
On 10/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, green_rabbit said:

Like arrange them physically for the interview? I had bought (in the US) a portfolio folder with divisions in it, so everything was organized in there. My fiance said he hadn't seen folders like that in Senegal, but any kind of folder with tabs to separate different documents seems like a good idea. But it sounds like the interviews are pretty chill, so anything should be fine, as long as all the papers are there.

Do I need to translate my Senegalese police clearance certificate to English? 

8 minutes ago, Justino38 said:

Do I need to translate my Senegalese police clearance certificate to English? 

Nope. They can accept documents in French or English. 

On 10/4/2021 at 6:48 AM, Justino38 said:

I just called to book my medical but the lady say I must get Johnson and Johnson Codvid vaccine before I come for the medical exam. Is this the new requirement 

Yes, as of October 1st.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:26 AM, Justino38 said:

Yes to arrange them physically. OK I will look for such folder. During the interview should you show documents to support your answers or you wait until the vo request for it? 

I think they will ask for what they need. It sounded very relaxed. They ask questions that are more like casual conversation - when did you meet? And similar. Then they ask for documents. It's very easy, according to my fiance.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, green_rabbit said:

Nope. They can accept documents in French or English. 

Yes, as of October 1st.

Okay thanks, I got the vaccine Johnson and Johnson yesterday. 

Just now, Justino38 said:

Okay thanks, I got the vaccine Johnson and Johnson yesterday. 

Nice ! I hope you won't have side effects.

Is it easy to get the vaccine in Senegal? My husband's entire family doesn't trust the vaccines and will not get them, so I don't know much about the situation there.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, green_rabbit said:

Like arrange them physically for the interview? I had bought (in the US) a portfolio folder with divisions in it, so everything was organized in there. My fiance said he hadn't seen folders like that in Senegal, but any kind of folder with tabs to separate different documents seems like a good idea. But it sounds like the interviews are pretty chill, so anything should be fine, as long as all the papers are there.

How do you go about this, my fiance is filling the i-134 affidavit of support her annual income is way past the minimum requirement for poverty line. In question 4 of the form that says "balance of all my savings and checking accounts in the United States financial institutions ", but currently she don't have any savings because there're lot of expenses on her neck so my question is would it be a wrong move if she put $0?

4 hours ago, Justino38 said:

How do you go about this, my fiance is filling the i-134 affidavit of support her annual income is way past the minimum requirement for poverty line. In question 4 of the form that says "balance of all my savings and checking accounts in the United States financial institutions ", but currently she don't have any savings because there're lot of expenses on her neck so my question is would it be a wrong move if she put $0?

That's fine. You only need to include savings if your income is too low. If you exceed 125% of the poverty line, then just give proof of income and recent tax transcripts and that's enough.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, green_rabbit said:

That's fine. You only need to include savings if your income is too low. If you exceed 125% of the poverty line, then just give proof of income and recent tax transcripts and that's enough.

Thank you 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, green_rabbit said:

Thank you so much for your advices I had my interview today and was approved. Vo gave me a ticket to come pick up visa next week. 

I checked my status on ceac but it says AP so I check on Google they said its normal these days. Pls as a K1-Visa holder do I need to book one way ticket or round trip? 

4 minutes ago, Justino38 said:

Thank you so much for your advices I had my interview today and was approved. Vo gave me a ticket to come pick up visa next week. 

I checked my status on ceac but it says AP so I check on Google they said its normal these days. Pls as a K1-Visa holder do I need to book one way ticket or round trip? 

Congrats! You'll have the visa soon!

Booking one-way is probably easiest. That's what we did and we had no problems. Plus with AP/EAD taking 8 or 9 months now, it's hard to plan a trip back.

Timeline
On 11/9/2021 at 5:33 PM, green_rabbit said:

Congrats! You'll have the visa soon!

Booking one-way is probably easiest. That's what we did and we had no problems. Plus with AP/EAD taking 8 or 9 months now, it's hard to plan a trip back.

Thank you. I received my visa today. When I get to the US will US custom keep the visa packet or return it to me? 

35 minutes ago, Justino38 said:

Thank you. I received my visa today. When I get to the US will US custom keep the visa packet or return it to me? 

They keep it. It's important for your AOS after marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.