16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Maybe this is typical, I don't know. I married a much younger woman from Turkey, went through the visa process and got her here. After just 2 months, she left me. Checked herself into violence shelter (there was no violence on my part and she did not claim any). There was violence on her part, which I have recorded proof of. She said she wanted divorce, so I started the divorce. Now she says I don't deserve a divorce (whatever). And says she will take everything when we do divorce. I am sure she is getting advice from the fine folks at the violence shelter. Since she left, I found emails that she was seeing someone else during engagement, 3 months prior to marriage. She has only been gone 2 weeks and i did an internet search and found she already has a dating profile on a website. She has been verbally abusive since leaving (recorded? hhmmm). Also, I have not confirmed, but have strong suspicions she is working as a stripper. And now to my question...after many calls to USCIS, I was told I could send a claim of visa fraud to the district supervisor and they will investigate(is this true? because USCIS help center really has no answers). If this avenue exists(visa fraud), what kind of proof is good to send? To me, she is building her own case, maybe I am wrong. I hope no one else has been through this, but any help or advice is appreciated. I spoke to an immigration attorney and she suggested an anullment, but in texas an anullment would be basically an admission of visa fraud, which she will never sign, she is not stupid. Any help is appreciated. And YES, I am stupid, no need to remind me. Thanks.

Maybe this is typical, I don't know. I married a much younger woman from Turkey, went through the visa process and got her here. After just 2 months, she left me. Checked herself into violence shelter (there was no violence on my part and she did not claim any). There was violence on her part, which I have recorded proof of. She said she wanted divorce, so I started the divorce. Now she says I don't deserve a divorce (whatever). And says she will take everything when we do divorce. I am sure she is getting advice from the fine folks at the violence shelter. Since she left, I found emails that she was seeing someone else during engagement, 3 months prior to marriage. She has only been gone 2 weeks and i did an internet search and found she already has a dating profile on a website. She has been verbally abusive since leaving (recorded? hhmmm). Also, I have not confirmed, but have strong suspicions she is working as a stripper. And now to my question...after many calls to USCIS, I was told I could send a claim of visa fraud to the district supervisor and they will investigate(is this true? because USCIS help center really has no answers). If this avenue exists(visa fraud), what kind of proof is good to send? To me, she is building her own case, maybe I am wrong. I hope no one else has been through this, but any help or advice is appreciated. I spoke to an immigration attorney and she suggested an anullment, but in texas an anullment would be basically an admission of visa fraud, which she will never sign, she is not stupid. Any help is appreciated. And YES, I am stupid, no need to remind me. Thanks.

What visa is she currently in the US on and have you signed an affidavit of support (1-864)? What proof of her violence towards you do you have?

EDIT - Okay, saw your timeline. You're in a really tough place as you've signed the I-864 and she's refusing to sign divorce papers. I'm sorry I can't offer advice.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Timeline

the evidence of violence is a recording I made. Here is what happenned, she was hitting me and spitting in my face and screaming. I called a family member, just so someone else would here her screaming, he said "call police", I did not call. She heard this, and went in bathroom and hit herself, then SHE called police, I went outside. When police arrived, we both said nothing happened. Afterwards, the recording has her saying that she hit herself to protect herself and keep her out of trouble. Just a side note, this occurred after only 2 weeks. Crazy world.

Filed: Timeline
...after many calls to USCIS, I was told I could send a claim of visa fraud to the district supervisor and they will investigate(is this true? because USCIS help center really has no answers).
Yes, they will.
If this avenue exists(visa fraud), what kind of proof is good to send?

Proof that marriage to you was not her primary objective, but rather a vehicle for evading the immigration laws.

To me, she is building her own case, maybe I am wrong.
If your interest is to put an end to someone that deceives another into marriage for selfish purposes, don't leave it up to her to build.
I hope no one else has been through this, but any help or advice is appreciated. I spoke to an immigration attorney and she suggested an anullment, but in texas an anullment would be basically an admission of visa fraud, which she will never sign, she is not stupid. Any help is appreciated. And YES, I am stupid, no need to remind me. Thanks.

"She" may not be inclined to agree to sign an annulment, but if you present a compelling argument with proofs that you were deceived into marriage, a court can grant that.

Yes, I have.

No, you're not.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

First of all sorry you are going through this, but I suggest that you follow through with your annulment if she signs or not. Let the courts make the decision. Good luck

7/20/05 - Visa received in the mail

9/13/05 - Arrival to Texas FINALLY!!!

12/2/05 - Wedding

1/25/06 - AOS/EAD sent

1/26/06 - AOS/EAD received at USCIS

02/4/06 - NOA received for EAD

02/6/06 - NOA received for AOS

02/7/06 - ASC appt notice rcv'd

03/2/06 - Biometrics appt.

05/15/06 - AOS Approval (stamp in passport)

05/23/06 - Received Welcome letter

05/26/06 - Green Card arrived in mail yaaaahhooooo

08/10/06 - Hubby 1st job in US

05/15/08 - ??? what next

Filed: Timeline

jeffbanu,

The first thing you should do, if you haven't already, is find a good, 'junkyard dog' divorce attorney to guide you through that aspect of your situation. You say you've started a divorce action, hopefully you did it through a divorce attorney?

Let the woman worry about her own immigration problems. If you butt in too strongly you may unintentionally help her case - the USCIS and ICE are not in the business of helping vindictive spouses extract revenge.

Yodrak

Timeline

Yes, i did start proceedings using a divorce lawyer

jeffbanu,

The first thing you should do, if you haven't already, is find a good, 'junkyard dog' divorce attorney to guide you through that aspect of your situation. You say you've started a divorce action, hopefully you did it through a divorce attorney?

Let the woman worry about her own immigration problems. If you butt in too strongly you may unintentionally help her case - the USCIS and ICE are not in the business of helping vindictive spouses extract revenge.

Yodrak

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Sounds like your on the right track. Keep up the documentation and file the claim with USCIS.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So sorry to hear about this. These people have given you sound advice. You should go through with divorce, but have you done the AOS yet? If not, then that would be a really good thing because you do not want her to become a public charge or it will hurt your pocketbook.

If you have filed AOS, then you are financially resposible for her even if you get divorced.

The best thing is to hire a lawyer and work with ICE and USCIS on immigration fraud. Annulment is better than divorce if it can be done. If you were married in the USA, then you can contact the county clerks office in the county that you were married in and ask them about the fees involved with the annulment case. They will offer you a packet at a small cost and if you file the case, she will have to appear in court (Ask your lawyer for advice before doing this because this is what he will likely do for you)

If she does not appear in court, then they may issue the annulment on the grounds that "failure to appear" before the judge allows the court to take action with regard to the case on her behalf. If she does not come to court, she esentially give up all of her rights to the court of the law.

If you can ghet an annulment, then you are no longer married and if you are no longer married then she has no reason to be in the country and they will find her and deport her. If she tries to file a case on you regarding abuse, then you can prove the fraud with the tape. Make multiple copies of it if you can because you will need to submit that as evidence to the USCIS and you will need it in case she bring a battered womans charge against you in a court of law.

The law does not care about anything that you cannot prove... otherwise it is heresay (Your word against hers)

Hope this helps some

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline
So sorry to hear about this. These people have given you sound advice. You should go through with divorce, but have you done the AOS yet? If not, then that would be a really good thing because you do not want her to become a public charge or it will hurt your pocketbook.

If you have filed AOS, then you are financially resposible for her even if you get divorced.

The best thing is to hire a lawyer and work with ICE and USCIS on immigration fraud. Annulment is better than divorce if it can be done. If you were married in the USA, then you can contact the county clerks office in the county that you were married in and ask them about the fees involved with the annulment case. They will offer you a packet at a small cost and if you file the case, she will have to appear in court (Ask your lawyer for advice before doing this because this is what he will likely do for you)

If she does not appear in court, then they may issue the annulment on the grounds that "failure to appear" before the judge allows the court to take action with regard to the case on her behalf. If she does not come to court, she esentially give up all of her rights to the court of the law.

If you can ghet an annulment, then you are no longer married and if you are no longer married then she has no reason to be in the country and they will find her and deport her. If she tries to file a case on you regarding abuse, then you can prove the fraud with the tape. Make multiple copies of it if you can because you will need to submit that as evidence to the USCIS and you will need it in case she bring a battered womans charge against you in a court of law.

The law does not care about anything that you cannot prove... otherwise it is heresay (Your word against hers)

Hope this helps some

We were married inTurkey, and to tell the truth, I don't know about AOS, she has only been here 2 months. As I understand it, I am responsible because I signed the original 864. As far as annullment/divorce, I am letting the attorney handle it. He said annullment is rare in Texas because of being a "no fault" State, and in this case would be an admission of guilt on her part(fraud). I really don't know, just glad the crazy Bi$#h is not here with me, just trying to minimize damages.

Timeline

Hope this helps some

We were married inTurkey, and to tell the truth, I don't know about AOS, she has only been here 2 months. As I understand it, I am responsible because I signed the original 864. As far as annullment/divorce, I am letting the attorney handle it. He said annullment is rare in Texas because of being a "no fault" State, and in this case would be an admission of guilt on her part(fraud). I really don't know, just glad the crazy Bi$#h is not here with me, just trying to minimize damages.

One last thing, i have heard that USCIS does not take time to review recordings, and that it needs to be a transcript if i submit it, anyone know if this is accurate? Thank you all for time and help.

Hope this helps some

AOS is not relevant in your case as your wife entered on an immigrant visa. And yes, you are already responsible because of the I-864.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.