CovidSucks21

Expired Ceac and Interview Booking

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like many of you I was about to book the interview when the pandemic hit.  My ceac expired.  I've been calling the embassy and had my case plead to be expedited.  Do I need to keep on top of it as much as I have or will I just get some random email one day saying that we can book an interview?  She has to get a new cenomar too?  What about police clearances from other countries?  She's never left the country since we've started this.  Any answers would be appreciated. 

20210809_161001.jpg

Timeline

First you have to send the embassy a letter telling them you are still interested in pursuing the visa and get the status changed.  PSA, NBI etc only valid for 6 months. As far an an interview you have a long wait.  My original case created date is December 2019, and I'm still dicking around with them. 

Timeline
On 8/10/2021 at 10:20 AM, Commish10 said:

First you have to send the embassy a letter telling them you are still interested in pursuing the visa and get the status changed.  PSA, NBI etc only valid for 6 months. As far an an interview you have a long wait.  My original case created date is December 2019, and I'm still dicking around with them. 

I've sent that letter multiple times because I've never gotten a true response from them saying "hey we got it.  you wanna extend even though it's expired"  It just falls into a void.  We were completely done in 2020.  I was about to book the Interview in March when this hit.  It's literally all we had left to do.  I got another response from the embassy saying to send that letter.  Which is ridiculous because I've sent it over half a dozen times already.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, CovidSucks21 said:

I've sent that letter multiple times because I've never gotten a true response from them saying "hey we got it.  you wanna extend even though it's expired"  It just falls into a void.  We were completely done in 2020.  I was about to book the Interview in March when this hit.  It's literally all we had left to do.  I got another response from the embassy saying to send that letter.  Which is ridiculous because I've sent it over half a dozen times already.  

Call them. Tell them what you want done and tell them you want it "Escalated to Post". This will escalate it to a consular officer and will get resolved in about 3 weeks. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Call them. Tell them what you want done and tell them you want it "Escalated to Post". This will escalate it to a consular officer and will get resolved in about 3 weeks. 

I think the last time I got it escalated was July 15th.  I called again 2 days ago to check on it and they said they were going to note my inquiry.  Has the escalated to post actually worked for anyone?  does it make a difference?

Timeline
Just now, CovidSucks21 said:

I think the last time I got it escalated was July 15th.  I called again 2 days ago to check on it and they said they were going to note my inquiry.  Has the escalated to post actually worked for anyone?  does it make a difference?

Yes, it worked for me. That's how I got my status changed and an interview date. Our interview was supposed to be tomorrow, but St Lukes closed with ECQ, so waiting for it to reopen. Another member told me about the escalate to post and that's how he got his interview in July. 

Timeline
Just now, Commish10 said:

Yes, it worked for me. That's how I got my status changed and an interview date. Our interview was supposed to be tomorrow, but St Lukes closed with ECQ, so waiting for it to reopen. Another member told me about the escalate to post and that's how he got his interview in July. 

that's awesome! i hope it's the same for us.  it's been such a strain having to wait so long.  what does ECQ mean with St Lukes?

Timeline

that's awesome! i hope it's the same for us.  it's been such a strain having to wait so long.  what does ECQ mean with St Lukes?

ECQ is the lockdown of Manila that started on August 6. It's expected to last until August 20, but I doubt it. Things are getting very bad there again. I would expect ECQ to last till the end of the month at least.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/explainer-movement-areas-under-community-quarantine-coronavirus

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

ECQ is the lockdown of Manila that started on August 6. It's expected to last until August 20, but I doubt it. Things are getting very bad there again. I would expect ECQ to last till the end of the month at least.

I'm sure the numbers are actually much worse but underreported.  My Fiance lives up north so once she's cleared I have to coordinate a million things to make sure she has people to help her and hotels to stay part of the time in Manila.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

I wonder if since my Fiance is a Nurse she might have a little more leeway in getting through some of the barriers they have in place.  ya never know.  

Timeline

I'm sure the numbers are actually much worse but underreported.  My Fiance lives up north so once she's cleared I have to coordinate a million things to make sure she has people to help her and hotels to stay part of the time in Manila.  

I always book hotels through Agoda. City Garden Suites Hotel is nice, inexpensive, close to the embassy and is NOT a quarantine hotel. So no sick people. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, CovidSucks21 said:

I wonder if since my Fiance is a Nurse she might have a little more leeway in getting through some of the barriers they have in place.  ya never know.  

If St Luke's is closed you are stuck like us. No medical, No Interview. St Lukes will only open under GCQ. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.