leila85

ROC and received 2 extension letters with a different case number

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

This is a weird question since my attorney and his team are just useless at this point.

So previously my attorney's assistant sent my I751 package to the wrong USCIS address and filed another packet right away to the correct USCIS address.

Few days after she filed I received my extension letter for 18 months. Then today I received another extension letter with a different case number.

I contacted my attorney and obviously he was not available to talk but his assistant told me that they will withdraw the last extension letter with USCIS and I 

should use the first one I received to travel. 

I do not really trust them!!! Will there be any issue if they withdraw this last letter? Has anyone ever been in the same situation? 

I was hoping to go home and I am now scared that they might deny the whole case when I am abroad for the incompetence of the attorneys and I feel stuck here. 

If I do not go home now to see my parents then I do not know when I could ever go 😔. I did not received any biometric appointment yet 

8 hours ago, leila85 said:

This is a weird question since my attorney and his team are just useless at this point.

Your going to pay for 2 ROC fees as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
10 hours ago, leila85 said:

I contacted my attorney and obviously he was not available to talk but his assistant told me that they will withdraw the last extension letter with USCIS and I 

should use the first one I received to travel. 

Get the receipt number for each i751 case and monitor the online status of each. Once your attorney withdraws one it should show up there and you will know to use the other.  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Timeline

@Bob in Boston Hello,

That’s what I was thinking. How come they sent me two letters if they were only supposed to cash one check? Because when the attorney refilled told me he was gonna cancel the first check. So if he did why did they sent 2 letters? Well I only sent him 680 if anything he’s responsible for the second one since they’re the one who made the mistake. Bunch of incompetents 🤦‍♀️ 

Timeline

@da95826 hello 👋 

thank you so much for your advice! I’m going to go to the attorney now and get the other original one 🤦‍♀️
I’m not sure why did they sent 2 tho since I only sent the attorney 680.00$ and when he sent it the second time to the correct address he told me he was gonna stop the first check he sent. Well it’s on him anyway! 
do you think I’ll have issues traveling abroad to see my family since I have 2 receipt letters? The thing is I don’t trust them seriously they are so incompetents it would not surprise me if they withdraw the right one! 🤦‍♀️ 

29 minutes ago, leila85 said:

@Bob in Boston Hello,

That’s what I was thinking. How come they sent me two letters if they were only supposed to cash one check? Because when the attorney refilled told me he was gonna cancel the first check. So if he did why did they sent 2 letters? Well I only sent him 680 if anything he’s responsible for the second one since they’re the one who made the mistake. Bunch of incompetents 🤦‍♀️ 

LOL its on him then, Thank God you didnt do credit card Watch your bills from them..... they dont like to give up money. Tell them to go after USCIS for a refund lol

Edited by Bob in Boston

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
6 hours ago, leila85 said:

do you think I’ll have issues traveling abroad to see my family since I have 2 receipt letters?

Maybe an issue if they are both active, but once you have only one active i751 petition active you should have no issues traveling with one i751 still pending and the extension letter for that same active i751 petition.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Timeline

@Bob in Boston lol yes imagine if I did it with my credit card number 🤯 I would have asked for a refund from the attorney for sure. No but apparently they only cashed one check cause the other one was cancelled so they will send USCIS an immigration letter saying that it was only a duplicate as that one was sent to the wrong USCIS address once they say that the check did not go through. Maybe he should monitor her assistant next time she is sending a petition to USCIS helloooo how do you mess up an address lol they are supposed to be pro in these matters 🤨

Timeline

@da95826 Hi and thank you so much for your advice again 😀

I went to the attorney to pick up the other letter just in case. So basically the attorney said that they sent two letters as sometimes they just see if everything is ok and send the extension letter before cashing the check that is why they did not see that the check was cancelled.

But they cashed the one for the first extension letter I received which was the one sent to the correct address. 

He said that once they see that there is no found they will send an explanation letter explain that the was a duplicate. So I'll pray that everything goes well and I am not going to have anymore surprises at least for a while and at lease when I am out of the country 🙏

I am just stressing so much cause they have made so many mistakes and it was not supposed to be like that what a waste of money! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.