6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! I'm very close to having my immigration medical exam appointment and I've been reading that self-harm scars can be a factor for inadmissibility.

I have pretty recent cuts on my leg (not that deep), that are starting to scar, I'm not a threat to my self in terms of suicide attempts and less so a potential harm to others.

I haven't had any phycological issues diagnosed, so there's no medical records that explain my behavior neither am I seeing a physiatrist.

I'm really scare that my stupid actions can cause me not getting a visa, and I don't know what to do to help my case. 

Edited by Andrea Vargas
Misspelled

4 hours ago, Andrea Vargas said:

I'm really scare that my stupid actions can cause me not getting a visa, and I don't know what to do to help my case. 

Just tell the truth when asked at the visa medical.

On 8/4/2021 at 1:36 AM, Andrea Vargas said:

Hi! I'm very close to having my immigration medical exam appointment and I've been reading that self-harm scars can be a factor for inadmissibility.

I have pretty recent cuts on my leg (not that deep), that are starting to scar, I'm not a threat to my self in terms of suicide attempts and less so a potential harm to others.

I haven't had any phycological issues diagnosed, so there's no medical records that explain my behavior neither am I seeing a physiatrist.

Hi! It’s weird I was actually trying to find answers to this. I believe it shouldnt be an issue. I just had my exam today in Juarez. What they do is before you’re free to go you have to see the sicólogo. He basically asked me why I have them, how often I do it, why I do it, when it started, what I do it with. I think as long as you’re open it should be fine. He also asked if I felt like ending my life or someone else’s. I’m on medication for my depression and he asked if it has helped. Mine are pretty recent scars too. I was so embarrassed in front of the doctor. And when I saw her writing self harm on the paper ugh it was awful for me. Because it’s something that like I’ve always just kept in the dark.  But you’ll be fine. I think. I’ll update if I don’t get approved! 

Timeline
On 8/5/2021 at 4:29 PM, Ramlop13 said:

Hi! It’s weird I was actually trying to find answers to this. I believe it shouldnt be an issue. I just had my exam today in Juarez. What they do is before you’re free to go you have to see the sicólogo. He basically asked me why I have them, how often I do it, why I do it, when it started, what I do it with. I think as long as you’re open it should be fine. He also asked if I felt like ending my life or someone else’s. I’m on medication for my depression and he asked if it has helped. Mine are pretty recent scars too. I was so embarrassed in front of the doctor. And when I saw her writing self harm on the paper ugh it was awful for me. Because it’s something that like I’ve always just kept in the dark.  But you’ll be fine. I think. I’ll update if I don’t get approved! 

Thank you so much for your insight, you're the first one that tells what the psychiatrist ask you!

I wish you the best of luck! 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I was wondering if there is any update on your case? I have self harm scars from 20 years ago I was a teen and I did get helped but all of the records have been destroyed. My lawyer told me to say the truth and explain what help I received when I was younger. She said it shouldn’t affect my case. Any updates on your case will be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, Elymed said:

Hello, I was wondering if there is any update on your case? I have self harm scars from 20 years ago I was a teen and I did get helped but all of the records have been destroyed. My lawyer told me to say the truth and explain what help I received when I was younger. She said it shouldn’t affect my case. Any updates on your case will be appreciated. 

Hi!! Sadly enough my appoiment hasnt been scheduled, sorry. I´ve read a lot about the subject and it seems you should be fine, old scars dont concerns migration, at most you´ll have a psychiatric evaluation

I wish you the best of lucks, and hope to hear your updates!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.