brevig

Domicile and CR-1 Living Abroad

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, brevig said:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, or will be, with her brother and father-in-law.  Trying to help the brother get his own business going to help out.

btw, 18-20 years ago I made 2 trips to Morocco, once for 1 month and the other time 3 months.  AMAZING PEOPLE, and going back for the music festival is on my bucket list.

I love the Merzouga International Music Festival and attended March 2017/ i have yet to attend the one in Maracheck

but as for other like supporting foreign family,  i think we sign onto that knowingly or not aware of when we marry a foreigner especially from  poor countries when we visit and see how some live / this subject was discussed in length on a post about 2 years ago

Timeline

You object to the fact the CO informed the beneficary about an order of protection and the names but in all honesty that can be found if you just google your name / court orders are a matter of public records

And the beneficary is suppose to know every little and big thins about you (past and present) and you are obligated to expose this yourself to give the person full information 

Federal cases can be found in CM/ECF and state records in NCSC (National Center for State Courts)using PACER.gov   / When a party Moves to seal a document or close a case , the motion can be found in PACER (so did you ask this to be sealed)

In certain circumstances, judges have the authority to seal additional documents or to close hearings that ordinarily would be public. Reasons can include protecting victims and cooperating informants, and avoiding the release of information that might compromise an ongoing criminal investigation or a defendant’s due process rights.

and we are not guaranteed a visa under USCIS laws the beneficary actually applies for the visa (ds160 or ds 260) 

No visa or other documentation shall be issued to an alien if (1) it appears to the consular officer, from statements in the application, or in the papers submitted therewith, that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 1182 of this title, or any other provision of law, (2) the application fails to comply with the provisions of this chapter, or the regulations issued thereunder, or (3) the consular officer knows or has reason to believe that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 1182 of this title, or any other provision of law: Provided, 

The phamlet is given out describing alien right and responsibilities (like a man has to register with selective service)  there is no reason to give the "welcome to the US " phamlet if the visa is not issued

On 8/10/2021 at 9:44 AM, JeanneAdil said:

i wish we could as we are supporting his mom and brother back in Morocco (completely) but that is our choice and not in terns of IRS 

Would be kind of absurd to get a tax break on US taxes for supporting adults who live abroad.....   Even if they lived here, I don't see how you could legally claim adults as dependents.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
3 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

just google your name / court orders are a matter of public records

The convictions have been expunged, so not public record.  Plus, I don't object, I've been publicly posting everything here, just to show that they broke the law in hope that it warrants a review.

and we are not guaranteed a visa under USCIS laws the beneficary actually applies for the visa (ds160 or ds 260) 

But it's a privilege, which are guaranteed due process by the 14th amendment.  But I do realize my 14th amendment argument is weak, because they can say they denied her and she isn't a US citizen.  Just at the same time I paid for it, and her denial effects me, so I think that warrants due process.

there is no reason to give the "welcome to the US " phamlet if the visa is not issued

I'm not referring to the welcome to the US pamphlet, but the domestic violence pamphlet detailed in IMBRA which is required to be made public at every consulate, and to be given during every interview.

Thanks for the feedback, I love a good debate!!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

the beneficary actually applies for the visa (ds160 or ds 260) 

Just read this a 2nd time and more reason to say my 14th amendment claim has very little grounds.

Timeline
On 8/3/2021 at 10:37 PM, brevig said:

Where does it say that?  I just read the instructions and it uses the words "household" and "dependents".

all your children are your dependents as are hers

if you do not pay child support ,  still they are your dependents/what would happen if their mother passed away?   come to live with u?   so u have to count them

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Would be kind of absurd to get a tax break on US taxes for supporting adults who live abroad.....   Even if they lived here, I don't see how you could legally claim adults as dependents.

yeah,  just said i wish i could but can u imagine the fraud that would happen if people could

but yes adults who live with you can be claimed if you follow IRS guidelines 

https://apps.irs.gov/app/vita/content/globalmedia/overview_of_the_rules_for_claiming_4012.pdf

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

all your children are your dependents as are hers

Gotcha, yeah, Chancy already set me straight on that.  Was confused at first as it's different for the fiance, and basically everywhere else that you count your household size.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.