0580nvc

US Embassy Warsaw, Poland interviews scheduled

58 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Zhenghe said:

Thanks for sharing, how long did you stay in Greece to get everything done?

Stayed in Greece one night. Arrived from Moscow in the afternoon, got rapid test done right after at the airport- 20 euro, took about 15 min to get results, flew to Warsaw next morning around 10:30

On 8/22/2021 at 9:45 PM, Jane and Mak said:

Stayed in Greece one night. Arrived from Moscow in the afternoon, got rapid test done right after at the airport- 20 euro, took about 15 min to get results, flew to Warsaw next morning around 10:30

If you don't mind me asking, how long are you planning to stay in Warsaw? They scheduled my wife's interview but it is kind of tricky since she has to do the medical and I am not sure how long you are allowed to be in Poland technically.

5 hours ago, maxbuo said:

If you don't mind me asking, how long are you planning to stay in Warsaw? They scheduled my wife's interview but it is kind of tricky since she has to do the medical and I am not sure how long you are allowed to be in Poland technically.

You can stay in Poland as long as your Shengen is valid. Per doctor's office urine test results takes 4-5 business days to come back, so we planned accordingly. Arrived there on 21, interview on 31. It's a bit longer but because of weekends. The embassy recommends arriving 2-3 weeks in advance, but that's too long, and way too expensive. But again, it all depends on medical conditions that one might have, in case there are complications with tests and such

1 hour ago, Jane and Mak said:

You can stay in Poland as long as your Shengen is valid. Per doctor's office urine test results takes 4-5 business days to come back, so we planned accordingly. Arrived there on 21, interview on 31. It's a bit longer but because of weekends. The embassy recommends arriving 2-3 weeks in advance, but that's too long, and way too expensive. But again, it all depends on medical conditions that one might have, in case there are complications with tests and such

Interesting. It is an awkward thing to have to be in Warsaw so long and it is expensive. I am most worried that we would face consequences for the extended stay, even with a valid visa. Not much to do I guess unless you want to wait until Poland reopens to Russians.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 minutes ago, maxbuo said:

Interesting. It is an awkward thing to have to be in Warsaw so long and it is expensive. I am most worried that we would face consequences for the extended stay, even with a valid visa. Not much to do I guess unless you want to wait until Poland reopens to Russians.

Could you please share you category, PD and DQ date?

1 minute ago, 0580nvc said:

Wow, that’s kinda crazy for IR1 to wait for a year 

We transferred to Warsaw from the Moscow embassy. The embassy has been closed since March 2020. We would not have waited so long if the embassy had been open. Now it seems like the wait at Warsaw for Russian transfers is 2-4 months from transfer date to the time when NVC schedules the interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
11 minutes ago, maxbuo said:

We transferred to Warsaw from the Moscow embassy. The embassy has been closed since March 2020. We would not have waited so long if the embassy had been open. Now it seems like the wait at Warsaw for Russian transfers is 2-4 months from transfer date to the time when NVC schedules the interview.

Warsaw is small, I am afraid I have to wait much longer for the interview because so many cases transferred from Russia.

Edited by 0580nvc

On 8/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, maxbuo said:

You can also have your medical test in Minsk, Belarus, will be cheaper than stay for weeks in Warsaw for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 8:18 PM, Jane and Mak said:

Our case was originally in Russia, we transferred it to Poland in June 2021, and now waiting 

hi..so is poland taking the cases of russian citizens now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.