EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

521 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
28 minutes ago, MT84 said:

Update:  I emailed the Consulate and they very helpfully confirmed that the visa would be printed today (Wednesday) and would likely miss the NZ Post pickup and so would likely go out tomorrow (Thursday).  I was able to go to the Consulate and collect my passport.  The status in the Immigrant Visa tracker is now showing as “issued”.

Congrats

Timeline
17 hours ago, ArshH said:

Hey congratulations on your visa approval. 
Actually we also have an upcoming interview. 
can you please tell us what documents did you include when you dropped them off 2 weeks prior 

And also what ques did they ask you?

Thanks in Advance 

If you read the Auckland Consulate reviews they often list the questions you will get. 

Also you shouldnt have to drop off any documents 2 weeks before.  They should have all gone in with your 130/230.  I'm taking a copy of everything I have sent them plus a copy of photos of me and my fiance together on our 3 visits to each other, some letters of support from our family and friends plus a snippet from the last 5 years of conversations we have had. We have over 125000 messages between us over that time so I can't print it all..

Also taking my passport and a large self addressed courier bag for them to return all my originals in when they have finished with them.   

Edited by KK_Shanks

Timeline
16 minutes ago, KK_Shanks said:

If you read the Auckland Consulate reviews they often list the questions you will get. 

Also you shouldnt have to drop off any documents 2 weeks before.  They should have all gone in with your 130/230.  I'm taking a copy of everything I have sent them plus a copy of photos of me and my fiance together on our 3 visits to each other, some letters of support from our family and friends plus a snippet from the last 5 years of conversations we have had. We have over 125000 messages between us over that time so I can't print it all..

Also taking my passport and a large self addressed courier bag for them to return all my originals in when they have finished with them.   

I mean DS160/260

On 1/17/2024 at 10:08 AM, ArshH said:

can you please tell us what documents did you include when you dropped them off 2 weeks prior 

Thanks in Advance 

I'm unsure what visa @KK_Shanks is applying for, or if perhaps the process has changed since I had my interview in Mid October 2023. But for the IR1/CR1 visa I had to drop off documents two weeks prior. I attach a list of what documents I included.

You can also post this in to the Embassy, rather than physically dropping off, if that Is what @KK_Shanks is referring to.

As to questions:

How we met

how long have we been married

when did we get married

where is your partner now

Just really generic things really that any bonafide couple would just know. If its a legit application this process is smooth as.

They also checked my marriage photos.

All of the documents listed in the .doc below I also had to upload to the CEAC website where you did your DS-260 and other civil documents.

PS. Don't bother with the physical passport photos. They don't use them now that everything is digital.

TableOfContents_ONLINE.doc

Edited by Kiwi_Bdan

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Bdan said:

I'm unsure what visa @KK_Shanks is applying for, or if perhaps the process has changed since I had my interview in Mid October 2023. But for the IR1/CR1 visa I had to drop off documents two weeks prior. I attach a list of what documents I included.

You can also post this in to the Embassy, rather than physically dropping off, if that Is what @KK_Shanks is referring to.

As to questions:

How we met

how long have we been married

when did we get married

where is your partner now

Just really generic things really that any bonafide couple would just know. If its a legit application this process is smooth as.

They also checked my marriage photos.

All of the documents listed in the .doc below I also had to upload to the CEAC website where you did your DS-260 and other civil documents.

PS. Don't bother with the physical passport photos. They don't use them now that everything is digital.

TableOfContents_ONLINE.doc 29.5 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much for the information

On 1/18/2024 at 5:08 AM, ArshH said:

Thanks in Advance 

Hi, if you don't mind can you please let me know when did you get your IL after being DQ and what date is the interview ? 

On 12/7/2023 at 11:36 AM, Kiwi_Bdan said:

Yeh, especially since the documentation that comes back with the passport visa tells you explicitly to sign up with USCIS, but then has no OAN (Online access Number) to do so. Ive heard you can call them and they can sort it out and get it linked, but I've not tried.

The link, https://egov.uscis.gov, that @appleblossom posted above works and it can find your case. But the info I get is just wait 90 days. So not particularly informative.
I wouldn't care otherwise, and Id be happy to wait, but they wrongly gave me a 2 year rather than the 10 year greencard and so I don't know if the process to renew the greencard involves this USCIS account or not 2 years down the line?

What number do you use to track this? I'm using a number identified in the payment confirmation, but the info isn't particularly helpful. I also checked our I-130 number but that seems like it's reached the end of its usefulness.

9 minutes ago, Victoria & Phil said:

What number do you use to track this? I'm using a number identified in the payment confirmation, but the info isn't particularly helpful. I also checked our I-130 number but that seems like it's reached the end of its usefulness.

When you receive your stamped passport you have to go to USCIS and pay the fee before you enter the States (I think its technically possible to enter and then pay, but advised against).
You receive an email from "ELISdonotreply@uscis.dhs.gov" as a receipt and in that email is the following:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Name: USCIS Immigrant Fee  
Pay.Gov Tracking ID: *************
Agency Tracking ID: ******************
Transaction Type: Credit Card
Transaction Amount: $220.00
Payment Date: Oct 24, 2023

Transaction Date: Oct 24, 2023 03:42:16 AM

Your payment was applied to the following case(s):
        #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE.  PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The number you use in https://egov.uscis.gov/ for tracking is the #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# number that Ive redacted here.

For the last two months when I used that site It just told me the date of payment. However it recently changed and said they had processed it. 1 and a half weeks later and its changed again to:

"On January 23, 2024, we mailed your new card for your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by February 7, 2024, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

@Kiwi_Bdan Thanks! Alright we've been using the right one, looks like we'll just be stuck on the date of payment confirmation for a while. 

3 hours ago, ArshH said:

Hey can anyone tell me does auckland consulate email to give confirmation if they received all the docs which we drop off 2 weeks prior to interview?

No, I received no confirmation. First I knew they had it was at the consulate on interview day where they confirmed my details right before the wait before the interview and the dude had it in his hand.

On 12/8/2023 at 1:45 PM, Kiwi_Bdan said:

Thanks, I had read either this or a similar case on here as well.
I don't actually have my physical greencard yet, and from what I can tell there's a significant chance that USCIS corrects the CR1 to an IR1 when they issue the card anyway, despite what the stamped visa says in my passport.

If not then yeh, I-90 it is!

For future reference for anyone, I can confirm that despite stamping my passport as CR1 at the border when entering, the physical Greencard that arrived two months later was changed to IR1.

So if you were wrongly confirmed as CR1 in your passport, don't fret! They do change them (at least in my anecdotal experience :) )

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I completed the request for an Auckland interview online about 4 weeks ago but haven't had a date sent to me yet.  Should I have got a response by now or am I being impatient? 

All my paperwork has been approved up until now. It's a K1 visa if that changes anything 

Edited by KK_Shanks

4 minutes ago, KK_Shanks said:

I completed the request for an Auckland interview online about 4 weeks ago but haven't had a date sent to me yet.  Should I have got a response by now or am I being impatient? 

All my paperwork has been approved up until now. It's a K1 visa if that changes anything 

For the CR1/IR1 Visa:

I got Documentarily Qualified on the 19/05/2023, received NVC email on the 31/08/2023, for an interview set for the 13/10/2023. It took exactly 1 week after this interview to receive my visa in my passport from the courier.

It took 3 months to receive an interview date after I was qualified.

so unsure how this relates to K1, but they do take a while to give out interviews.

Edited by Kiwi_Bdan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.