Commish10

Hotels near Embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am reading a lot of confusing information. Is my fiancee required to present a negative covid test upon check in at a hotel near the embassy. We are looking at Red Planet-Manila Bay. Thanks.

Just now, Commish10 said:

I am reading a lot of confusing information. Is my fiancee required to present a negative covid test upon check in at a hotel near the embassy. We are looking at Red Planet-Manila Bay. Thanks.

Contact the hotels directly. If your booking though agoda or another booking site you’ll get a reply in 24 hours or less. It’s too hard to advise since hotels are all over the place in their requirements.  They will write back with their exact requirements. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

28 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Contact the hotels directly. If your booking though agoda or another booking site you’ll get a reply in 24 hours or less. It’s too hard to advise since hotels are all over the place in their requirements.  They will write back with their exact requirements. 

Unless they unlocked hotels for general people they have been shut down and only used for quarantine people

9 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Unless they unlocked hotels for general people they have been shut down and only used for quarantine people

Hotels have made exceptions for people with medicals, testing, and embassy interviews. It’s really all different rules by each hotel. 

city garden suites in ermita will take people with interviews at the US embassy. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

7 hours ago, Commish10 said:

She will like Red Planet Manila Bay,  I have stayed there countless number of times.  They have modern US room, with spit type air con, large wall mounted TV, Fridge, safe, blow dryer in the room.  The bathroom has rain shower head, modern fixtures with a all american sized toilets, sinks and they provide free shampoo dispensers in the showers.   They room is a tad bit small but for the price it's very nice and very modern.  They also keep 2 apple computers in the lobby if you need them, and the internets speed in each room is fast.

Have her sign up and become a RedPlanet member online, you will get a better price sometimes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

She will like Red Planet Manila Bay,  I have stayed there countless number of times.  They have modern US room, with spit type air con, large wall mounted TV, Fridge, safe, blow dryer in the room.  The bathroom has rain shower head, modern fixtures with a all american sized toilets, sinks and they provide free shampoo dispensers in the showers.   They room is a tad bit small but for the price it's very nice and very modern.  They also keep 2 apple computers in the lobby if you need them, and the internets speed in each room is fast.

Have her sign up and become a RedPlanet member online, you will get a better price sometimes.

Red Planet is now Quarantine Only as are most hotels in the area. I found a decent place that's not to far from the embassy and SLEC that many are now staying for their appointments. 

9 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Red Planet is now Quarantine Only as are most hotels in the area. I found a decent place that's not to far from the embassy and SLEC that many are now staying for their appointments. 

I was wondering, I saw them running special a few months ago. I didn't know if they exempt and able to handle people with US Embassy appointments, cuz it almost across the street.  If you stay there get the Manila Bay view and and get up a few floors and you can watch alot of activity at the US Embassy especially the front drive in entrance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.