angelostuart

Past 100 days waiting N400 still a decision can not make because have criminal record

93 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, angelostuart said:

recently I asked few lawyers 

that all my friends 

they told me some three different answers 

1:  don’t sue them

if sue them they will discover a little bit problem and denial you!

2: belong normal because COVID-19 effect 

I can send letter to the office 

3: my case into FDNS system 

waiting 4-6 yrs is normal 

only sue can have decision …….

You know I asked a person who was filing like us in the LA office. She received "decision cannot be made" on the interview day. She filed based on EB-1 GC as the 5 years rule for N400, everything is normal. She did the interview in March and waited 5.5 months and then received an oath ceremony letter. But she mentioned one thing we did not do, she wrote to the White House. 

She provided 2 methods to us.
1 “Sending a letter to your local office.”
2. “Submitting an inquiry to the White House (https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/write-or-call/)." 
She said, "Honestly, I have a good feeling that my inquiry to the white house helped me to get my case finally approved.”

On 9/15/2021 at 11:16 PM, angelostuart said:

that probably a good news

let you oath ceremony in future!

my interview date early you 2 weeks

USCIS says nothing

Only says Decision is pending....

I google and found some discussion about their cases were recommended for approval, and then received a denied letter. 😭  I guess we will only feel safe and good until receiving the oath ceremony letter. 

2 hours ago, Moradesk said:

You know I asked a person who was filing like us in the LA office. She received "decision cannot be made" on the interview day. She filed based on EB-1 GC as the 5 years rule for N400, everything is normal. She did the interview in March and waited 5.5 months and then received an oath ceremony letter. But she mentioned one thing we did not do, she wrote to the White House. 

She provided 2 methods to us.
1 “Sending a letter to your local office.”
2. “Submitting an inquiry to the White House (https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/write-or-call/)." 
She said, "Honestly, I have a good feeling that my inquiry to the white house helped me to get my case finally approved.”

thank you shared that! Pretty useful for me 

1 hour ago, Moradesk said:

I google and found some discussion about their cases were recommended for approval, and then received a denied letter. 😭  I guess we will only feel safe and good until receiving the oath ceremony letter. 

Every day tasteless

waiting highlight coming 

haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I have been following your updates @angelostuartand @Moradesk Keep them coming 🙂

My case is a bit similar (in terms of timing, no criminal record in my case), had the interview on 4-20-21, decision could not be made.  Still waiting as of today.  I contacted my Senator and after a couple of weeks, USCIS responded them that my A-file is held at the Federal Records Center.  Apparently many centers are still closed because of COVID, so they can't retrieve those files for review, thus causing the delay.   Have you heard anything similar?

Edited by Coco&Kitten
more information added

5 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

I have been following your updates @angelostuartand @Moradesk Keep them coming 🙂

My case is a bit similar (in terms of timing, no criminal record in my case), had the interview on 4-20-21, decision could not be made.  Still waiting as of today.  I contacted my Senator and after a couple of weeks, USCIS responded them that my A-file is held at the Federal Records Center.  Apparently many centers are still closed because of COVID, so they can't retrieve those files for review, thus causing the delay.   Have you heard anything similar?

Thank you share about your story 

I had one misdemeanor criminal conviction 

that is more difficult case than you

we were almost same day interview!

You are also in Los Angeles County field office?

in some parts 

America is not developed

and Very backward.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, angelostuart said:

Thank you share about your story 

I had one misdemeanor criminal conviction 

that is more difficult case than you

we were almost same day interview!

You are also in Los Angeles County field office?

in some parts 

America is not developed

and Very backward.

No, I am in Denver.  Totally agree with you, it all seems very strange...

10 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Glad you joined us. I have sympathy your A-file was still locked at the Federal Records Center, and I know some post mentioned the same situation like yours. I  think many cases did not receive the recommended approval because of this reason, IOs cannot stamp the entire thick file on the interview day. I wish somebody can tell us  how to push the center to expedite to deliver those files to the pending IOs. 

On 9/28/2021 at 5:37 PM, angelostuart said:

Every day tasteless

waiting highlight coming 

haha

Lol...She also told me her lawyer said the 8th floor (she went to interview) is for fraud cases. I am so scared and surprised when hearing this because my interview was on 8th floor as well. 😂😭 But mine was also very straightforward, and no criminal record. I only know the 8th is for LA city, the 6th is for LA county. Never know anything about  fraud cases.

Edited by Moradesk

Just received it today and want to share a response from the USCIS to my inquiry. They said they are still reviewing my case.

"On 9/3/2021, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your N-400 because you believe your case is outside normal processing times. We are still reviewing your case. We will mail you a notice when we make a decision.”

18 hours ago, Moradesk said:

Just received it today and want to share a response from the USCIS to my inquiry. They said they are still reviewing my case.

"On 9/3/2021, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your N-400 because you believe your case is outside normal processing times. We are still reviewing your case. We will mail you a notice when we make a decision.”

Yes, that's the same generic response I received every time I enquired on my case.

Edited by bing10

On 10/6/2021 at 8:03 AM, bing10 said:

Yes, that's the same generic response I received every time I enquired on my case.

Thanks bing. I know it is like a no response. I asked them why did not make the decision for my case within the official 120 days. They are still reviewing.

11 hours ago, Moradesk said:

Thanks bing. I know it is like a no response. I asked them why did not make the decision for my case within the official 120 days. They are still reviewing.

I think the person who responds to those enquiries just takes a quick look at your case status, and sends out a bland generic response based on what they see there.

That said, I used to submit an enquiry every month, just to keep pushing them.

haha 

I almost forgot my N400 case

few minutes ago I sent to White House online 

Honorable Whitehouse Office

My name is XXX

A number is XXX

On 04/21/2021 I have a Naturalization interview by USCIS

My USCIS N400 case number is IOEXXX

The Los Angeles County USCIS office stated that it would give me a decision within 120 days, but
  After 175 days, there is still no decision.
  I need you to help me solve my problem. so appreciated it,

sincerely

——————-

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=immigration-casework

Tomorrow I try that
ÇA senator 

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/b/f/bf2d2c65-9807-420f-927a-f3d82d637100/71EBD921770673FBC792263050DA1A3E.uscis-assistance-form-pdf-version.pdf

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/0/5/05687707-6de3-4e5b-a380-82e91e078f83/97A8BCA685A3DCA045699B4201556DEB.immigration-assistance-form-2.0-10.6.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.