danb1978

DQ'd awaiting Interview - F1 Unmarried Son Over 21 of US Citizen

39 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, Kris_0121 said:

Hey Dan,

This is brilliant news! Another step closer to obtaining the visa - very exciting! 
It’s good to see some movement in our category (Fb-1)  and now I have some idea of an estimated interview date, which seems to be anything up to 1year from DQ….Soo, I guess I still have a good 8 months or so to go before I get to the front of the line…lol

If you don’t mind, could you please keep us updated with your experience of both the medical and embassy visits?

I’m curious to know what they ask at the London interview and documents to bring.

All the best with your journey

Kris 

Hey Kris, 

Medical completed today! One step closer! 

It was straightforward. The gave me a chest x-ray, blood test, no urine test as i am in my 40s, they checked my vaccine records and i had to have the flu jab to bring me up to date, checked eyes, reflexes and felt my stomach, asked about my medical history and that was it. 

Embassy interview in a couple of weeks! I'll update again once that it done! 

A note about documents, after asking on another thread i have uploaded a new passport photo and a new police record (although i was told that the police record is valid for 24 months rather than 12 months so i might not have needed to do that) to the CEAC website and my father has uploaded a new AOS and tax return. i'll be bringing these also to the interview but i'll let you know if they ask for them or not. 

Dan 

21 hours ago, danb1978 said:

Hey Kris, 

Medical completed today! One step closer! 

It was straightforward. The gave me a chest x-ray, blood test, no urine test as i am in my 40s, they checked my vaccine records and i had to have the flu jab to bring me up to date, checked eyes, reflexes and felt my stomach, asked about my medical history and that was it. 

Embassy interview in a couple of weeks! I'll update again once that it done! 

A note about documents, after asking on another thread i have uploaded a new passport photo and a new police record (although i was told that the police record is valid for 24 months rather than 12 months so i might not have needed to do that) to the CEAC website and my father has uploaded a new AOS and tax return. i'll be bringing these also to the interview but i'll let you know if they ask for them or not. 

Dan 

Hey Dan,

Thank you for this detailed update! I assume they wanted to know if you have had the COVID vaccine too?

Glad all has gone well for you and yes another step closer. I’ll let my Dad know to send over recent tax returns when the time comes.

I look forward to hearing how the interview goes.

Regards

Kris

6 hours ago, Kris_0121 said:

Hey Dan,

Thank you for this detailed update! I assume they wanted to know if you have had the COVID vaccine too?

Glad all has gone well for you and yes another step closer. I’ll let my Dad know to send over recent tax returns when the time comes.

I look forward to hearing how the interview goes.

Regards

Kris

Yes they asked about my covid vaccine status. I printed off my record from the NHS website which shows the bar codes for each jab. 

I’ll let you know how the interview goes in a couple of weeks! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! 

Great news, i had my interview today and I was told that my visa will be approved! 

The process was unbelievably straight forward. I arrived at the Embassy and after firstly joining the wrong queue (my bad), I went straight in. Did the airport security stuff etc then went to the main building. 

My ticket was called as soon as i arrived to the windows. I spoke to the first officer and they checked my documents. The only documents he needed were Passport, Photographs, IV Letter, Birth Certificate and Police Record. My dad had already uploaded a new AOS and Tax Return to the CEAC website, i brought copies of everything else with me but they didnt ask for them. Then i sat back down and waited for about another 10 minutes for the second part of the interview. The lady I spoke to at the 2nd window asked me to swear an oath to tell the truth etc then only asked me two questions, how long my petitioner had been in the USA and how long its been since i saw them last. And that was it, all done! The lady told me that my passport would be back with me in a few weeks via courier and then im good to go! 

Over seven years waiting has finally delivered! 

I hope you get some good news soon Kris! 

Regards

Dan 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, danb1978 said:

Many congratulations mate. I bet you get your passport next week.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, danb1978 said:

Hi Everyone! 

Great news, i had my interview today and I was told that my visa will be approved! 

The process was unbelievably straight forward. I arrived at the Embassy and after firstly joining the wrong queue (my bad), I went straight in. Did the airport security stuff etc then went to the main building. 

My ticket was called as soon as i arrived to the windows. I spoke to the first officer and they checked my documents. The only documents he needed were Passport, Photographs, IV Letter, Birth Certificate and Police Record. My dad had already uploaded a new AOS and Tax Return to the CEAC website, i brought copies of everything else with me but they didnt ask for them. Then i sat back down and waited for about another 10 minutes for the second part of the interview. The lady I spoke to at the 2nd window asked me to swear an oath to tell the truth etc then only asked me two questions, how long my petitioner had been in the USA and how long its been since i saw them last. And that was it, all done! The lady told me that my passport would be back with me in a few weeks via courier and then im good to go! 

Regards

Dan 

Hi Dan, congratulations 👍🏾
please what was your priority date and when were you DQ’d? so I have an idea of where they are at ! Thanks 

6 hours ago, Teety said:

please what was your priority date and when were you DQ’d? so I have an idea of where they are at ! Thanks 

Cong Dan !!

Great news ,still family category is processing cases with Q4 2020 DQ ,quite shame while other categories almost back to pre covid .

7 hours ago, Teety said:

Hi Teety, 

Thank you! 

My PD was Aug 2014 and i was DQ'd Sept 2020.

Hope you hear some good news soon!

On 10/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, danb1978 said:

Hi Everyone! 

Regards

Dan 

Hey Dan,

This is amazing news! Congratulations 🎉 I’m so glad everything went as expected for you and was all very straight forward. 

I appreciate your detailed feedback about the process so that I can prepare myself accordingly for when the time comes…whenever that may be LOL

Fingers crossed I’m hoping it will be by summer next year.

If you don’t mind me asking, Are you planning on moving permanently straight away within the next few months or will you visit then come back to the U.K. and figure the permanent part later on?

Thanks

Kris

1 hour ago, Kris_0121 said:

Hey Dan,

This is amazing news! Congratulations 🎉 I’m so glad everything went as expected for you and was all very straight forward. 

I appreciate your detailed feedback about the process so that I can prepare myself accordingly for when the time comes…whenever that may be LOL

Fingers crossed I’m hoping it will be by summer next year.

If you don’t mind me asking, Are you planning on moving permanently straight away within the next few months or will you visit then come back to the U.K. and figure the permanent part later on?

Thanks

Kris

Thanks Kris! I hope you get some good news soon!

Thats a good question, as i'm trying to work that out as we speak. I was hoping to go and visit at least in the next month or so which would activate my visa and then move completely a few months later once i have tied up loose ends etc. The only thing i'm not sure about at the minute is if i am able to come in and out of the country with just the stamp in my visa as i'm told the green card takes 90 days to arrive. I know the first time you go, you use the stamp on the visa but im not sure if its ok to use that multiple times until your green card comes? I was going to ask the question on here once my plans were in place.

Does anyone reading this thread know the answer?

Dan 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is multiple use.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It is multiple use.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming that. 

So i'll be going for a visit in the next month or so then moving completely a few months later 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quite normal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 10/31/2021 at 6:55 PM, danb1978 said:

Awesome! Thanks for confirming that. 

So i'll be going for a visit in the next month or so then moving completely a few months later 🙂

Good to hear that you’ll be going soon.

Your plan sounds exactly like what I will hope to do in the future. Let us know how long it takes for your SSN to come through  and what the transition is like too, please.

Which state will you be moving too?

All the best

Kris

1 hour ago, Kris_0121 said:

Good to hear that you’ll be going soon.

Your plan sounds exactly like what I will hope to do in the future. Let us know how long it takes for your SSN to come through  and what the transition is like too, please.

Which state will you be moving too?

All the best

Kris

Yes, no worries, will do. 

I'll be going over in the next few weeks so i'll let you know how it goes. 

I'm moving to Texas.

Dan 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.