Jump to content
danb1978

DQ'd awaiting Interview - F1 Unmarried Son Over 21 of US Citizen

 Share

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I was DQ'd August 2020 and now awaiting Interview in London for - F1 Unmarried Son Over 21 of US Citizen.

 

I was wondering if there were any people in a similar situation in my visa category on here who might have received their interview letter?

 

I'm hoping for good news soon but it's hard to work out how long the wait will be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Raft said:

F-1 to F4 very hard to predict as very less cases from London in these family  relative  categories .as embessy now picking the backlog so it will be quick now I hope.

 

Fingers crossed, Raft. Hopefully not too much longer. Thank you for your reply. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Danb,I think now backlog is clearing very fast ,you should get some update ,people in other category (married spouse ) now back to almost  normal .people with DQ of May /June 2021 start getting interview dates in September .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Raft said:

Hi Danb,I think now backlog is clearing very fast ,you should get some update ,people in other category (married spouse ) now back to almost  normal .people with DQ of May /June 2021 start getting interview dates in September .

Thats great news Raft! Thank you for the update. Hopefully we start moving forward soon then. I'll update this thread once i hear anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, danb1978 said:

Thats great news Raft! Thank you for the update. Hopefully we start moving forward soon then. I'll update this thread once i hear anything.


What’s your priority date? Did you start with the petition back sometime in 2014?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, danb1978 said:

Hi,

I was DQ'd August 2020 and now awaiting Interview in London for - F1 Unmarried Son Over 21 of US Citizen.

 

I was wondering if there were any people in a similar situation in my visa category on here who might have received their interview letter?

 

I'm hoping for good news soon but it's hard to work out how long the wait will be

Hi Danb,

 

I’m glad to have finally come across someone in the same visa category as myself within the U.K. waiting for an appointment at London Embassy (F1- Unmarried Daughter over 21yrs of US Citizen). Most of the threads I’ve read previously in regards to the timeline for DQ to interview was anything up to 5months for Spouses. But as Raft said the backlog seems to be clearing much quicker now for them.  I’ve noticed quite a few in the marriage category, who DQ’d in May/Early June now have interviews for September. Apparently, they’re done in batches. But you are right, it’s so difficult to work out the timeframe for the F1 category.

 

PD- Feb 2015

I DQ’d June 27th 2021 and I’m yet to hear anything but you DQ’d almost a year before me so I really hope you hear something soon.
 

Please keep us updated with how you get on.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kris_0121 said:

Hi Danb,

 

I’m glad to have finally come across someone in the same visa category as myself within the U.K. waiting for an appointment at London Embassy (F1- Unmarried Daughter over 21yrs of US Citizen). Most of the threads I’ve read previously in regards to the timeline for DQ to interview was anything up to 5months for Spouses. But as Raft said the backlog seems to be clearing much quicker now for them.  I’ve noticed quite a few in the marriage category, who DQ’d in May/Early June now have interviews for September. Apparently, they’re done in batches. But you are right, it’s so difficult to work out the timeframe for the F1 category.

 

PD- Feb 2015

I DQ’d June 27th 2021 and I’m yet to hear anything but you DQ’d almost a year before me so I really hope you hear something soon.
 

Please keep us updated with how you get on.

 

Hi Kris_0121, 

 

Ah a fellow F1 applicant for the London Embassy! Yes we are few and far between it seems which makes it hard to work out how long we have left to wait. 😩 

Whilst the marriage category seems to work quicker than ours in terms of the wait for interview i think the backlog in our category is less in volume so im hoping they can pick up and start catching up really soon. 

 

I will definitely update this thread with any information i find out and also as soon as i receive word of my interview. As frustrating as it is, we have done most of the waiting now, (it's just over 7 years in total now for myself,) hopefully only a few more months left to go!  

 

Here's hoping for good news really soon! 

 

Dan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, danb1978 said:

Hi Kris_0121, 

 

Ah a fellow F1 applicant for the London Embassy! Yes we are few and far between it seems which makes it hard to work out how long we have left to wait. 😩 

Whilst the marriage category seems to work quicker than ours in terms of the wait for interview i think the backlog in our category is less in volume so im hoping they can pick up and start catching up really soon. 

 

I will definitely update this thread with any information i find out and also as soon as i receive word of my interview. As frustrating as it is, we have done most of the waiting now, (it's just over 7 years in total now for myself,) hopefully only a few more months left to go!  

 

Here's hoping for good news really soon! 

 

Dan

 

Hey,

 

Yes, I agree the volume is much less in our category. Upon further research this weekend, I have taken a look at the statistics for our visa category at the London Embassy.

 

F1 - Visas issued from LDN for Fiscal Year 2021

June - 4

May - 4

April - 3

March/Feb/Jan/Dec/Nov/October - 0

 

So although the demand is less for our category, the movement is very slow and the pandemic has only added to the snail train😩

 

Nevertheless from looking at the FINAL ACTION DATE chart on the Visa Bulletin this month, visas technically should be current for those whose priority date is up to 22-NOV-14. Therefore, NVC should be arranging interviews with the embassy for F1s as they are now at the front of the of the line to be issued a visa.

 

With your PD being August 2014, you definitely should have received an interview letter so fingers crossed in the next few weeks you hear something. 🙂 It might be worth you contacting them to chase your case up now too.

 

I hope that information was useful. I just wish there was a way to find out more because like you said we’ve done the longest waiting part.

 

Kris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Kris_0121 said:

Hey,

 

Yes, I agree the volume is much less in our category. Upon further research this weekend, I have taken a look at the statistics for our visa category at the London Embassy.

 

F1 - Visas issued from LDN for Fiscal Year 2021

June - 4

May - 4

April - 3

March/Feb/Jan/Dec/Nov/October - 0

 

So although the demand is less for our category, the movement is very slow and the pandemic has only added to the snail train😩

 

Nevertheless from looking at the FINAL ACTION DATE chart on the Visa Bulletin this month, visas technically should be current for those whose priority date is up to 22-NOV-14. Therefore, NVC should be arranging interviews with the embassy for F1s as they are now at the front of the of the line to be issued a visa.

 

With your PD being August 2014, you definitely should have received an interview letter so fingers crossed in the next few weeks you hear something. 🙂 It might be worth you contacting them to chase your case up now too.

 

I hope that information was useful. I just wish there was a way to find out more because like you said we’ve done the longest waiting part.

 

Kris

Thanks for the info Kris. From what i can make out, once you file with the NVC, the interviews are scheduled based on the DQ date rather than PD date (although the PD date still needs to be Current) . I filed in April 2020 and it took until Sept 2020 (i originally said Aug 2020 on this thread but i realised the other day it was actually September 2020) to get DQ'd as there was an initial mistake with the information i uploaded. So i guess that put me back in the queue a little bit. The way i tried to place it in my head was that the embassies closed in March/April 2020 so whoever was scheduled for interview before me (ie anyone in our category who was DQ'd before Sept 2020) will be ahead of me in the queue. So im guessing that there is 5-6 months worth of backlog ahead of me (Mar/April 2020 - Sept 2020). The unknown is how fast they are working to try and clear that backlog. If they are now working at the same pace as before the pandemic (which they may well not be yet) then I would have 5-6 months to wait from July when things ramped back up again. There are so many variables unfortunately though. They could be working faster than usual to catch up or they could be working slower than before due to ongoing restrictions so we have no real way of knowing. I may try and contact them at some point but all the contact forms state for people not to contact for that reason as they cant comment on visa availability etc at the moment. I got the reminder email a few days ago from NVC telling me i was still in line and that they would be in contact as soon as an appointment was available. That comes every 60 days i think. 

 

I'll update if i find anything else out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone! 

 

Great news! I woke up to an email this morning letting me know that they have scheduled an interview for the end of October! 

 

I'm so excited! I'm hoping for good news for everyone else waiting for interviews in London soon! 

 

Dan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, danb1978 said:

Hi everyone! 

 

Great news! I woke up to an email this morning letting me know that they have scheduled an interview for the end of October! 

 

I'm so excited! I'm hoping for good news for everyone else waiting for interviews in London soon! 

 

Dan 

Hey Dan,

 

This is brilliant news! Another step closer to obtaining the visa - very exciting! 
It’s good to see some movement in our category (Fb-1)  and now I have some idea of an estimated interview date, which seems to be anything up to 1year from DQ….Soo, I guess I still have a good 8 months or so to go before I get to the front of the line…lol
 

If you don’t mind, could you please keep us updated with your experience of both the medical and embassy visits?
 

I’m curious to know what they ask at the London interview and documents to bring.

 

All the best with your journey

Kris 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Kris_0121 said:

Hey Dan,

 

This is brilliant news! Another step closer to obtaining the visa - very exciting! 
It’s good to see some movement in our category (Fb-1)  and now I have some idea of an estimated interview date, which seems to be anything up to 1year from DQ….Soo, I guess I still have a good 8 months or so to go before I get to the front of the line…lol
 

If you don’t mind, could you please keep us updated with your experience of both the medical and embassy visits?
 

I’m curious to know what they ask at the London interview and documents to bring.

 

All the best with your journey

Kris 

Hi Kris, 

 

Yes of course i will keep you updated, no problem at all. 

 

Hopefully its smooth sailing from here but i will let you know. 

 

 

Dan 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...