Saljuboori

RFE for Tax Transcript for past 5 years

65 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Saljuboori said:

Nothing yet, FYI ....

I still have until next Tuesday, 8/3 to respond back to USCIS.

hoping and praying  that you get it before the weekend .i understand how you feel..do not lose hope

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2021 at 12:17 PM, Saljuboori said:

Nothing yet, FYI ....

I still have until next Tuesday, 8/3 to respond back to USCIS.

Could you update,did it work?

There's no way of getting the full 5 years from IRS. I requested with an agent over the phone and all I got was a notice saying that IRS does not keep these records yada yada. 

You can get an account transcript from IRS but not the tax return transcript.

I personally took: The IRS notice + IRS account transcript (you can get that online) + 1040 form. That's the most you will be able to get for year 5.

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 4:19 PM, Saljuboori said:

After citizenship interview, I received an RFE to submit IRS transcripts for the past 5 years (2020-2016). However, I created an online account with IRS and was able to pull return transcripts for only past 4 years. I'm missing the one for 2016. However, I filled out the 4506-T form and faxed to IRS since 7/3/2021. I still haven't received it yet, what should I do? The RFE due date is 8/3. Please advise what should I do.

Just wondering, what came out of this? My husband is going through the same exact thing. Did “Account Transcripts” work instead of “Return Transcripts”? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.