Ladylethal

Down with the Post Service

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How can they get a postcard to my fiance, which was sent on a simple stamp, 0,55 cents or something, and not get a PRIORITY document there before? Or at the same time since it went together, it went together, addressed to the SAME place! How crappy is that!?!?!?!?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I'm there. Either they lost my tax return or the IRS lied and really didn't mail it. Either way they are both government agencies full of themselves :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

DHL...let's talk DH-Hell <_<

I went to DH-HELL the other day, asked how long would it take to get a simple document to Ecuador. They told me it would be there before noon the next day. I thought :dance: the down side was that it cost $97. I said to myself. "self, it's worth it if it will take some days off of the entire I129F process". So I went for it. I also wanted to do a prepaid return, so my fiancé didn't have to pay and/or deal with the filling out of the envelope.

So I pay $97.00 + $47.00 for a return of the documents ( I also had some beautiful parting gifts in the envelope hence the double price ;)

Here starts the fun part...so the envelope that is supposed to get there ""before noon"" sits in Ohio for 24 hours and doesn’t get there until 4 pm the following day...so far we have $97.00 for 2 day service :angry:

Then they broke a picture frame that was in the padded envelope, so the driver (most probably knowing something was broken) dropped off the package and ran out not letting my fiancé stop him to give him the return envelope with the now signed G 325A's.

Lovely, broken gifts and no idea how to send the return envelope back...

So, I immediately looked up the nearest DH-HELL drop-off center in Guayaquil, Ecuador and MSN'd that info to my baby...She calls the DHELL office and they inform her that they are open until 6 pm the following day since it's too late to go today. so she goes and finishes other things she had to do and gets to the DH-HELL office at about 5 pm to find that it closed at 4 :angry:

Next day must be the trick :thumbs: well, she goes the DH-HELL office the next morning early, before work, and they refuse to use the prepaid envelope stating that I have to be there to sigh the credit card slip...ON A PREPAID ENVELOPE :ranting: so they now want another $45.00 to ship the documents back to me. Let’s see...now were up to...$97.00 + $47.00 + $45.00 = $189.00 now. well sadly my fiancé didn't happen to have $45.00 cash on her at the moment so were looking at the next day :(

So at this point, I'm no wanting my fiancé to have to go through more hassle, so I western union her the money so it won't be an added burden on her. The next morning she goes back the DH-HELL office and hands the clerk the envelope and the $45.00, he proceeds to take the contents out of the prepaid envelope and place them in another one. So now he's keeping my prepaid envelope even though it's not valid in EC??!!

Anyway, my Fiancé was astute and demanded he return it since it also had my credit card number on it!!!

So finally we've got the package on it's way back to me...well...maybe...

We paid once again for DH-HELL's next day service and never got it again... The package sat in the DH-HELL office from 8:30am until 7:00PM, arrives at the Guayaquil airport les that a mile away, at 8:30...goes to panama for the night (I hope it had a nice hotel room :D ) and shows up in Miami at 6am. by 10 am it is in Ohio. here’s the gun part...it sits in Ohio for 2 1/2 days. finally it starts its journey again and gets to Boise (where it should have been days ago) the following morning.

so the moral of the story is . . . DH-HELL next day service to Ecuador takes two days and next day service to Boise from Ecuador takes 4 days ... but after all the hoops we had to jump through in total it took 10 days in total to get a package to Ecuador and back...when DH-HELL promised me it would be there by 12 the next day and back by 12 the following. and $189.00 not to mention the $34.00 Western Union fee to wire the money.

I feel better now though :wacko::lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
:huh:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I worked for Canada Post for 4 years as a LC before moving down Here..Be glad to share the inside scoop..In today's episode:

It's true! letter Carrier's will take yer mail with them on the route but if you don't have enough letters..ie..one piece...they will think..well why should I walk all the way up your driveway when I have to do it again tommorrow ? May as well consolitate...Exception:Cheques, parcels and bills. I was one of the weird CPC employees who actually went to every house regardless because I had some bizarre notion that at $20 plus bucks an hour I should actually have to work a bit...

Tommorow: The shocking truth behind that "Pick up Parcel or Letter" card (at an RPO) in your mailbox or on your door .....when you could have swore you were home!!!

Best,

kev

Maybe you'll know when you've seen it

Maybe if you say it you'll mean it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:yes: They do that here as well. Only one piece of mail? Nah, will be back tomorrow.

About DHL. I´d sue, honestly. Have you pay for what you´ve already paid? I´d sue on the spot!

Await for more crappy post stories when we have to send more stuff.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY