Newuser4453454

Doublechecking my Removal of Conditions Packet

30 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just to get another (or many) sets of eyes on this. Here is what I am including with our packet for Removal of Conditions. I'd very much appreciate it if someone could check over it before we send it in this week.  Thank you.

1.      Payment as Required by USCIS.

2.      Form I-751: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

3.      Copies of the Front and Back of Permanent Resident Card

4.      Supporting Documentation: SAR Report from UK Police & Court Records [[Note: This is a minor traffic violation/failure to stop that didn't have any baring at any other point but we keep including it to be safe]]

5.      Copy of Marriage Certificate

6.      Income Tax Return And W-2s for Years 2019, 2020

7.      Copy of House Title 

8.      Evidence of Both names on Homeowners insurance

9.      Statement of Joint Bank Accounts (Checking and Savings)

10.  Health Insurance Policy showing both 

11.  Life Insurance For [Spouse] showing Beneficiary

12.  Life Insurance for [Other Spouse] showing Beneficiary

13.  403(b) for [Spouse] showing Beneficiary

14.  Statements Showing Utilities and House Purchases for same address.

15.  Copy of Car Insurance Policy showing both spouses

16.  Receipt for Wedding Rings

17.  Flight Itinerary from Vacation – New Orleans (2019)

18.  Photos from Vacation – New Orleans (2019)

19.  Hotel Receipt for Poconos Visit (December 2020)

20.  Hotel Receipt & Park Passes for Busch Gardens Trip (July 2021)

21.  Assorted Vacation and Holiday Photos

Am I missing anything? I thought there was something like an e-notification form that I should be adding but I can't for the life of me find it.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, NearEthereal said:

I thought there was something like an e-notification form that I should be adding but I can't for the life of me find it.

See the USCIS page on Form I-751 and open “Special Instructions” near the bottom. 
https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

Make sure you cover dates from the marriage to present with your evidence. For example several auto insurance statements going back two years, not just the most recent. Same for bank statements, old ones and the latest. Photocopies of driver licenses showing same address are good and easy to do. 

Edited by Wuozopo

@NearEthereal, your evidence looks really good. I would just make sure that your evidence starts since the date of your marriage, as the I-751 instructions state. Thus, they want to see all statements for joint accounts, insurance, etc. It would not hurt to include wills or advance health directives https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/financial-legal/free-printable-advance-directives/

This is the form you would fill out to get text notifications. https://www.uscis.gov/g-1145

The second post on this thread has a very useful example of a Table of Contents. I used it to model our AOS and Removal of Conditions submission. 

All the best,

USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

On 6/27/2021 at 2:42 PM, NearEthereal said:

Supporting Documentation: SAR Report from UK Police & Court Records [[Note: This is a minor traffic violation/failure to stop that didn't have any baring at any other point but we keep including it to be safe]]

Just wanted to add that it may not be relevant to add that traffic violation anymore. If USCIS already looked at it for AOS, then it's done. But that's entirely up to you. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I was hoping to tag along on this thread. Here is my supporting documentation, if anyone wants to opine how it looks. I don't have any affidavits, do people think that is needed?

• Copies of the permanent resident card (front and back)
  • 25 photos – primarily on vacation or with our family members & friends
  • 5 wedding photos (~120 attendees)
  • Invoice for our wedding
  • Wedding ring insurance naming both of us as insured parties
  • Partial copy of our 2020 joint tax return
  • Partial copy of our 2019 joint tax return
  • Driver’s Licenses showing the same address
  • Lease renewal – October 2020 to Sept 2021
  • ETrade Brokerage statement – joint account
  • Joint Health insurance
  • Benefits statement illustrating I am recipient of US citizen spouse's life insurance
  • Flight tickets to Greece (honeymoon)
  • Flight tickets to Fort Lauderdale (vacation)
  • Flight tickets to Palm Springs (attending a wedding)
  • Copy of our Bank of America credit cards showing a joint account
  • Copy of our Chase Sapphire credit cards showing a joint account

8 hours ago, KeratNY said:

Hi, I was hoping to tag along on this thread. Here is my supporting documentation, if anyone wants to opine how it looks. I don't have any affidavits, do people think that is needed?

• Copies of the permanent resident card (front and back)
  • 25 photos – primarily on vacation or with our family members & friends
  • 5 wedding photos (~120 attendees)
  • Invoice for our wedding
  • Wedding ring insurance naming both of us as insured parties
  • Partial copy of our 2020 joint tax return
  • Partial copy of our 2019 joint tax return
  • Driver’s Licenses showing the same address
  • Lease renewal – October 2020 to Sept 2021
  • ETrade Brokerage statement – joint account
  • Joint Health insurance
  • Benefits statement illustrating I am recipient of US citizen spouse's life insurance
  • Flight tickets to Greece (honeymoon)
  • Flight tickets to Fort Lauderdale (vacation)
  • Flight tickets to Palm Springs (attending a wedding)
  • Copy of our Bank of America credit cards showing a joint account
  • Copy of our Chase Sapphire credit cards showing a joint account

I would just make sure that you send evidence since the date of the marriage until the present time, as the I-751 instructions state. Thus, you would send all leases, all bank statements, all credit card statements, same for the brokerage account. If your joint tax returns are too long, I would just request transcripts from the IRS, and send those instead. Do not send "partial" copies of anything. They want to see all pages. 

I would also mention dates as you did with your lease renewal from October 2020 to September 2021.That will make it easier for the officer to see that your evidence covers the entire time you have been married. 

We included paystubs to show that we are listed as married, and that my employer deducts health/life/dental insurance premiums from my paychecks. 

Utility bills, internet, phone service - even if the accounts are not under both names, the statements will show the same address. 

If you are listed as each other's emergency contact anywhere (at work, school, health insurance), I would print anything that states you are each other's emergency contact. 

Living will/health care directive are good to have and USCIS takes them very seriously. 

If you are looking for ideas on how to organize your evidence and how to present it, please take a look at the example on this thread. It is the second post. It is a very comprehensive Table of contents. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Timeline

Thank you. Did you put your name and A# on each page of supporting documentation? Somewhere USCIS says to do this but not sure if people do so.

12 minutes ago, KeratNY said:

Thank you. Did you put your name and A# on each page of supporting documentation? Somewhere USCIS says to do this but not sure if people do so.

You are welcome! :) 

We did for AOS but we forgot for the I-751.It is a good idea to do so. I would just get Avery labels and print as many as you need with the A number.  However, we secured the stack of evidence with multi level ACCO fasteners. The whole pile was secure. lol. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

You are welcome! :) 

We did for AOS but we forgot for the I-751.It is a good idea to do so. I would just get Avery labels and print as many as you need with the A number.  However, we secured the stack of evidence with multi level ACCO fasteners. The whole pile was secure. lol. 

Thank you. Did you highlight anything with a highlighter just to make it obvious to them the joint names, joint address etc?

4 minutes ago, KeratNY said:

Thank you. Did you highlight anything with a highlighter just to make it obvious to them the joint names, joint address etc?

You're welcome! We did for AOS but we did not for I-751. LOL are you seeing a pattern here? We needed to ship that thing ASAP. 

You can highlight but that is not a substitute for a well organized table of contents listing all your evidence in full sentences and telling USCIS exactly what the evidence is proof of. As redudant as it may seem, you have to connect the dots for them. Otherwise, it's just a pile of documents for them. I followed the example on this thread. It's the second thread.

We did list all the payments that came out of our joint bank account, and we listed the dates so that the officer could find them easier on the statements. You don't have to do that. We did that because we did not want them to even think of saying that X Y or Z aren't on the statements. We did the same for AOS. No issues. 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

You're welcome! We did for AOS but we did not for I-751. LOL are you seeing a pattern here? We needed to ship that thing ASAP. 

You can highlight but that is not a substitute for a well organized table of contents listing all your evidence in full sentences and telling USCIS exactly what the evidence is proof of. As redudant as it may seem, you have to connect the dots for them. Otherwise, it's just a pile of documents for them. I followed the example on this thread. It's the second thread.

We did list all the payments that came out of our joint bank account, and we listed the dates so that the officer could find them easier on the statements. You don't have to do that. We did that because we did not want them to even think of saying that X Y or Z aren't on the statements. We did the same for AOS. No issues. 

Haha got it thanks, that's helpful. I took your advice, and that thread is helpful. Here's my updated cover letter. Hoping all the pics with lots of friends and family in different cities is the thread that ties it all together. What do you think?

·         Photos

o          4 wedding photos (~120 attendees) – note we provided wedding photos at the AOS interview

o          50 other photos – see descriptions / dates on back; primarily on vacation or with family & friends

·         Permanent resident card (front and back)

·         Wedding / Marriage

o          Invoice for our wedding in June 2019

o          Wedding ring insurance policies naming both as insured (2019-2020 and 2020-2021 notice)

·         Taxes

o          2020 joint tax return

o          2019 joint tax return

·         Driver’s Licenses showing the same address

·         Lease renewal – October 2020 to Sept 2021 (we’ve lived in the same apartment since Oct 2016 – note that a copy of the original lease was provided at the Adjustment of Status interview)

·         Two E-Trade statements (Jan 2020 and May 2021) – joint brokerage account

·         Health insurance – conditional resident is on US spouse's employer's insurance

·         Benefits statement illustrating am recipient of spouse's life insurance (along with her family)

·         Joint credit cards / authorized users

o          Bank of America credit cards

o          Chase Sapphire credit cards

o          Two Chase Sapphire joint credit card statements (Dec 2019 & June 2021)

·         Bills

o          Joint Verizon cell phone bills (Jan 2020, July 2020, December 2020, June 2021)

o          Cable bills (February 2020 and May 2021) showing our address

·         Flight tickets to Greece (honeymoon)

·         Flight tickets to Fort Lauderdale / Miami (vacation)

·         Flight tickets to Palm Springs (attending a wedding)
.         Flight tickets to South Africa with family

3 minutes ago, KeratNY said:

Hey, the cover letter you point to says it includes "Addendum I and II to Form I-751." What is this referring to?

Great question. I am thinking they might have submitted extra pages. The I-751 only has 1 extra page for additional info. It's just odd to call it addendum. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

5 minutes ago, KeratNY said:

Haha got it thanks, that's helpful. I took your advice, and that thread is helpful. Here's my updated cover letter. Hoping all the pics with lots of friends and family in different cities is the thread that ties it all together. What do you think?

·         Photos

o          4 wedding photos (~120 attendees) – note we provided wedding photos at the AOS interview

o          50 other photos – see descriptions / dates on back; primarily on vacation or with family & friends

·         Permanent resident card (front and back)

·         Wedding / Marriage

o          Invoice for our wedding in June 2019

o          Wedding ring insurance policies naming both as insured (2019-2020 and 2020-2021 notice)

·         Taxes

o          2020 joint tax return

o          2019 joint tax return

·         Driver’s Licenses showing the same address

·         Lease renewal – October 2020 to Sept 2021 (we’ve lived in the same apartment since Oct 2016 – note that a copy of the original lease was provided at the Adjustment of Status interview)

·         Two E-Trade statements (Jan 2020 and May 2021) – joint brokerage account

·         Health insurance – conditional resident is on US spouse's employer's insurance

·         Benefits statement illustrating am recipient of spouse's life insurance (along with her family)

·         Joint credit cards / authorized users

o          Bank of America credit cards

o          Chase Sapphire credit cards

o          Two Chase Sapphire joint credit card statements (Dec 2019 & June 2021)

·         Bills

o          Joint Verizon cell phone bills (Jan 2020, July 2020, December 2020, June 2021)

o          Cable bills (February 2020 and May 2021) showing our address

·         Flight tickets to Greece (honeymoon)

·         Flight tickets to Fort Lauderdale / Miami (vacation)

·         Flight tickets to Palm Springs (attending a wedding)
.         Flight tickets to South Africa with family

The contents look great. I would just group the evidence into categories - cohabitation, joint taxes, joint finances, evidence of relationship (wedding, trips, photos, etc).

My best recommendation to you is to include evidence since the date of the marriage. There will be overlap between what you submitted for AOS and what you are submitting now. That is fine. The officer is at a service center and your AOS file is at the field office. They do not have it and you do not want to get an RFE. They do issue them from time to time. 

Bank statement, credit card statements - all of that, they want to see each and every month since the date of the marriage. (Some people do a selection and get approved. Some people do a selection and get an RFE or get called for interview. We sent everything).

Joint taxes - I would go to the IRS website and request IRS transcripts. You will save a ton of paper there. 

I would include the lease you sent for AOS. Last but not least, submit all pages of a statement. Do not skip blank pages or any pages. 

You have really good evidence. You will be fine. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

@KeratNY we also included a copy of the marriage certificate, a copy of my US passport (bio page - not all pages). Neither one is required but it seems like most people include them, and it made sense to us - so we did. 

We did not include affidavits. Did not think we needed them. Our package weighed 13lbs. We sent more than enough. 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.