addocap

Looking For Some Advice

8 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I've been reading through so many of your stories today - it is all so overwhelming and astonishing how many folks are dedicated to achieving these dreams! :) 

We had confirmation of I-130 receipt from NVC exactly a year ago (NOA2?) and purposefully have delayed submitting further documents as to not get approved too early. (Yes, we kept the application active and have written confirmation of its continuation.) 

In terms of timelines, we are really stuck as to the best path forward.

Here's our catch: we need to immigrate precisely on May 31, 2022. 

In a normal time, it would have been easy enough to guess through this all, but in this current situation? Definitely need some advice.

We are hyper-aware of the fact that to be able to immigrate with the above date, we need to have the interview no sooner than 30 November 2021 (6 month rule). 

As such, our concern is that if we complete the application and documents (we have paid) on the NVC portal soon, that we'll be assigned an interview date prior to that earliest November date. Conversely, we worry that if we wait too long and the COVID backlog is substantial, that we might blow a good thing. 

So, here's the questions from this:

1) In terms of the term "DQ", does this refer to the point of receiving confirmation of document review from the application and AOS on the NVC portal? If so, how long is this expected to take (from submitting all NVC requirements to having this confirmation)?

2) It seems that London has a substantial backlog at the moment and as such, I wonder about how long it will take from receiving that DQ above to an interview assignment. While I know this is a guessing game, do any of you have a good guess as to when would be a good time to submit at the NVC phase to maximize our chances of an interview between November and, say, March? 

3) If we did submit all of this soon and received an interview date before November, how many times can you re-request the interview date and is there somewhere to view stipulations on this? The only thing I have found is regarding the "wait until your date passes" portion. 

I thank you in advance for anyone willing to read and comment; I've read across this forum substantially, but find it all a little overwhelming and thought I'd just ask these questions in a straightforward way.

Thanks a million! 

Nebraska Service Center

London Consulate

I-130 Submitted: 16 April 2020

I-130 Approved: 02 June 2020

NVC Received: 02 June 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
47 minutes ago, addocap said:

We are hyper-aware of the fact that to be able to immigrate with the above date, we need to have the interview no sooner than 30 November 2021 (6 month rule). 

The six months is based on the date if your medical exam because it expires at 6 months. You’re on the right track, but it’s not the interview date that dictates your timeline.  For example if your medical was October 1, 2021, and you interviewed December 1,  2021, your visa would be issued to expire April 1, 2022 only 4 months after your interview because they count the six months from your medical date. 

47 minutes ago, addocap said:

If we did submit all of this soon and received an interview date before November, how many times can you re-request the interview date and is there somewhere to view stipulations on this? The only thing I have found is regarding the "wait until your date passes" portion. 

I don’t know of any reference to give you on this. I think it’s indefinite for an immigrant visa. Yes, the “wait until your date passes” is London’s instructions to people who need to reschedule. At that point nobody gives you a new date assignment. You use the scheduler to find your own date from openings on the calendar. Just don’t pick a date until it suits you and you should be okay. And don’t go to the medical until you have worked out an interview date.

As far as your other questions on times, those currently waiting have lots of speculations and theories. They will have to help you out. I don’t have a horse in that race, so don’t pay much attention to that guessing game. 

Edited by Wuozopo

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The six months is based on the date if your medical exam because it expires at 6 months. You’re on the right track, but it’s not the interview date that dictates your timeline.  For example if your medical was October 1, 2021, and you interviewed December 1,  2021, your visa would be issued to expire April 1, 2022 only 4 months after your interview because they count the six months from your medical date. 

Thanks for this - this is something we definitely had misunderstood - much appreciated! On this note, can you see any reason why, if one intended to miss the given interview date for a reason, that the medical could not be taken until right before the desired interview date? 

Nebraska Service Center

London Consulate

I-130 Submitted: 16 April 2020

I-130 Approved: 02 June 2020

NVC Received: 02 June 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
23 minutes ago, addocap said:

Thanks for this - this is something we definitely had misunderstood - much appreciated! On this note, can you see any reason why, if one intended to miss the given interview date for a reason, that the medical could not be taken until right before the desired interview date? 

Typically try to have the medical at least a week before the interview date so the lab bloodwork is back, the forms completed, and sent to the embassy in time to be reviewed at your interview. They do that digitally now so getting it from clinic to embassy is faster. Some actually go to their interview before their medical is received by the embassy. That will delay when your visa can be issued because it will be “pending receipt of medical” and who knows when the officer will get back to your case to find your medical and finish up the case. It’s not usually a long time, but you’re definitely get out of the workflow when you have an interview and something is missing. Then you stew over how long it will be before your visa/passport gets delivered. Medical appoints are usually easy to get when you want them unless you’re like the woman with 4 kids who had to find five appointments together. That took a bit longer to get.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, addocap said:

Greetings!

I've been reading through so many of your stories today - it is all so overwhelming and astonishing how many folks are dedicated to achieving these dreams! :)

We had confirmation of I-130 receipt from NVC exactly a year ago (NOA2?) and purposefully have delayed submitting further documents as to not get approved too early. (Yes, we kept the application active and have written confirmation of its continuation.) 

In terms of timelines, we are really stuck as to the best path forward.

Here's our catch: we need to immigrate precisely on May 31, 2022. 

In a normal time, it would have been easy enough to guess through this all, but in this current situation? Definitely need some advice.

As such, our concern is that if we complete the application and documents (we have paid) on the NVC portal soon, that we'll be assigned an interview date prior to that earliest November date. Conversely, we worry that if we wait too long and the COVID backlog is substantial, that we might blow a good thing. 

So, here's the questions from this:

1) In terms of the term "DQ", does this refer to the point of receiving confirmation of document review from the application and AOS on the NVC portal? If so, how long is this expected to take (from submitting all NVC requirements to having this confirmation)?

2) It seems that London has a substantial backlog at the moment and as such, I wonder about how long it will take from receiving that DQ above to an interview assignment. While I know this is a guessing game, do any of you have a good guess as to when would be a good time to submit at the NVC phase to maximize our chances of an interview between November and, say, March? 

3) If we did submit all of this soon and received an interview date before November, how many times can you re-request the interview date and is there somewhere to view stipulations on this? The only thing I have found is regarding the "wait until your date passes" portion. 

I thank you in advance for anyone willing to read and comment; I've read across this forum substantially, but find it all a little overwhelming and thought I'd just ask these questions in a straightforward way.

Thanks a million! 

Hi,

Speaking from my own current experience which is for an IR5 Parent Visa. We received our DQ letter from NVC in May 2020. 
We also thought there would be a huge backlog at the London Embassy but we were very surprised to receive an email notifying us that we have our interview on June 30th and we had our medical on June 7th.
After waiting so long in those initial stages, it now feels like everything is speeding along. 

Im not really sure if you would be able to time your entry into the US so precisely, but it does look like London are working quite quickly through the backlog so I hope that gives you a clearer indication of current processing times. 
Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we submitted all our documents 3 July 2021, after covid delays (obtaining Police clearance).   I'm not sure how long it takes for the NVC case status to change from "submitted" to "under review" ?     ir5, parental.  Living in Huddersfield,UK Potomac service centre.

-130 Sent : 2019-11-04
I-130 NOA1 : 2019-11-13
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2020-09-03
NVC Received :

???????

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 4:02 PM, Wildhaggis said:

we submitted all our documents 3 July 2021

You still have maybe a month or so to wait.  As of 2 Aug 2021, NVC review is only up to cases with documents submitted by 9 June 2021 -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.