mrveg

Anyone here from the ABC islands?

6 posts in this topic

So, I'm American and applying for someone from Curacao.  I'm trying to research where the interview will take place and it seems like it is in Colombia for all 3 ABC islands.  I looked on the website and it said "immigrant" visas will be in Colombia but nothing about nonimmigrant visas.  However, Colombia looks like it is shut down due to Covid right now.  Is there any way to transfer it to another embassy?  Thanks.

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

8 minutes ago, mrveg said:

I looked on the website and it said "immigrant" visas will be in Colombia but nothing about nonimmigrant visas.

K-1 must be interviewed by an IV unit before it is approved and sent to the NIV unit for issuance. Bogota is the designated IV unit: https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ "Embassy Bogota is the designated Immigrant Visa processing post for residents of Colombia, Venezuela, and the Dutch Caribbean islands."

Edited by HRQX

On 6/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, mrveg said:

So, I'm American and applying for someone from Curacao.  I'm trying to research where the interview will take place and it seems like it is in Colombia for all 3 ABC islands.  I looked on the website and it said "immigrant" visas will be in Colombia but nothing about nonimmigrant visas.  However, Colombia looks like it is shut down due to Covid right now.  Is there any way to transfer it to another embassy?  Thanks.

The Colombian embassy IS OPEN and actively interviewing for immigrant visas, including K1. There is no option to go to another embassy. My beneficiary is from Venezuela and we cannot process for his IR1 anywhere else, we have to process in Bogotá since the embassy in Caracas has been closed for over 2 years now and Bogotá has official oversee over the visa issuance of Venezuelans now, and the ABC islands as well.

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, Paco415 said:

The Colombian embassy IS OPEN and actively interviewing for immigrant visas, including K1. There is no option to go to another embassy. My beneficiary is from Venezuela and we cannot process for his IR1 anywhere else, we have to process in Bogotá since the embassy in Caracas has been closed for over 2 years now and Bogotá has official oversee over the visa issuance of Venezuelans now, and the ABC islands as well.

Do you know if this is also applicable to the SSS islands as well? I am from St. Maarten and I listed Curacao as my embassy but I saw that they do not process the K1 visas. I am not sure if my embassy will be Columbia or Barbados or even Dominican Republic. Is there any way to know for sure where my interview will be held when the time comes? Thanks!

1 hour ago, JoyJo said:

Do you know if this is also applicable to the SSS islands as well? I am from St. Maarten and I listed Curacao as my embassy but I saw that they do not process the K1 visas. I am not sure if my embassy will be Columbia or Barbados or even Dominican Republic. Is there any way to know for sure where my interview will be held when the time comes? Thanks!

Think youll be in Barbados.  When the USCIS finishes and gives you your NOA2, theyll give your application to the NVC.  The NVC will give you a case number after about a month (call them to get it).  Theyll also tell you where your interview will be.  The case number will be based on the country.  For example, mine is BGT and then some numbers.  BGT stands for Bogota.  Yours will be whatever Barbados's 3 letters are. 

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

57 minutes ago, mrveg said:

The case number will be based on the country.

St. Maarten is in the Bogota IV consular district: https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ "Embassy Bogota is the designated Immigrant Visa processing post for residents of Colombia, Venezuela, and the Dutch Caribbean islands."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.