ANubis_66

US embassy in Paris - Approved K1 but no visa yet

16 posts in this topic

K1 Visa - Paris, France embassy

I just need to know if anyone else is on the same boat with me. I did the interview on May 20th and since then no update on the online status it's still saying "Ready".

At the time of the interview I was told I was approved and will receive the visa in the mail but since then didn't hear anything. How long should I wait for? Online says 7-10 business days. It's been more than that.

Should I worry about it? Just because not a single update online

If you did your interview at this US embassy please share you timeline. 

Please advise

Thanks

Edited by ANubis_66

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
4 hours ago, ANubis_66 said:

I just need to know if anyone else is on the same boat with me. I did the interview on May 20th and since then no update on the online status it's still saying "Ready".

At the time of the interview I was told I was approved and will receive the visa in the mail but since then didn't hear anything. How long should I wait for? Online says 7-10 business days. It's been more than that.

Please advise

Thanks

same!!! my fiancé had their interview over two weeks ago and still nothing at all. they told him it was approved and they took his passport. we’ve tried reaching out and nothing :( (k1 visa auckland new zealand consulate) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 hours ago, ANubis_66 said:

still no update yet 😔

If you have not emailed the embassy, I would email them.  They are probably still in administrative processing, but just let them know the status has been at ready for 1 month and you are concerned.

33 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

If you have not emailed the embassy, I would email them.  They are probably still in administrative processing, but just let them know the status has been at ready for 1 month and you are concerned.

So I did email them 3 times no response yet

I did an online inquiry on their website (2 times) no response yet

I called them many times but not helpful at all. when they transfer me to the visa section the phone disconnected. 

The case shows ready still and I'm concerned 

I'm just looking to see if anyone has the same issue with this embassy

Edited by ANubis_66

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, ANubis_66 said:

I called them many times but not helpful at all. when they transfer me to the visa section the phone disconnected. 

I apologize as I did not realize the extent of research already performed.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/95-europe-amp-eurasia-except-the-uk-and-russia/

This would be a good place to start.  I saw a couple Paris embassy posts just scanning through the recent.  

On 6/20/2021 at 8:46 PM, ANubis_66 said:

How long did it take you to get a notification after the status went to "ready"? My case has been sitting in "ready" without an email or mail, at the Paris Embassy.

2 hours ago, Mahza said:

How long did it take you to get a notification after the status went to "ready"? My case has been sitting in "ready" without an email or mail, at the Paris Embassy.

NVC transferred my case you Paris 4/13

Then it said ready 4/16 online.  I got an email from the embassy for an interview date 4/26 

Interview date was on 5/20 

Status changed yesterday 6/21 to administrative processing 

On 6/22/2021 at 5:12 PM, ANubis_66 said:

NVC transferred my case you Paris 4/13

Then it said ready 4/16 online.  I got an email from the embassy for an interview date 4/26 

Interview date was on 5/20 

Status changed yesterday 6/21 to administrative processing 

Can you please tell me which email address does the email come from, so I can just search for it as well, just to keep my sanity. Thank you very much.

Edited by Mahza

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/21/2021 at 1:46 AM, ANubis_66 said:

Hoping for the best for you! 

We have had our visa at the Paris Embassy for about a month now, and they are not responding to anything. I hope that your case gets sorted very soon! It must be so frustrating to be this close!!

Edited by Christian And Van

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, ANubis_66 said:

Please advise

Thanks

Hey there,

did you hear back from them yet? I have the same situation , interview completed , was approved , they took the passport, last response from them they said they would print the visa but nothing after that. Its been a month and 10 days waiting for paris embassy to send the visa. Its very hard to get in touch with them , they never respond. 
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.