Captain Oates

How long from IV fee generation to receipt ?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Our IV bill was generated two weeks last Monday

I run up to the post lady every morning - like a wet puppy- and then slink back into the house

nothing

NVC say they won't send another until 6 weeks have passed and of course this is the one step where you can't make your own form up...the one step where you are at the mercy of fate

oh joy

most people seem to have their 'agent' in the USA

any feedback from foreign spouses who are their own agent please ? Did it go to Germany or some central point for distribution - or direct from NVC USA

So far every step has been misinformed by London Embassy, USCIS California, UPS couriers or delayed far past other people's - all except the email for the agent which went as it was supposed to ...

It really is an ordeal

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Our IV bill was generated two weeks last Monday

I run up to the post lady every morning - like a wet puppy- and then slink back into the house

nothing

NVC say they won't send another until 6 weeks have passed and of course this is the one step where you can't make your own form up...the one step where you are at the mercy of fate

oh joy

most people seem to have their 'agent' in the USA

any feedback from foreign spouses who are their own agent please ? Did it go to Germany or some central point for distribution - or direct from NVC USA

So far every step has been misinformed by London Embassy, USCIS California, UPS couriers or delayed far past other people's - all except the email for the agent which went as it was supposed to ...

It really is an ordeal

alan

I didn't receive the IV bill until about 6 weeks after being generated. I called NVC and they told me that they couldn't send me another IV bill until it has been 4 weeks since generated. They send me another IV after 4 weeks and I finally received it. It took so long even though I am the agent for my wife.

FORM I-130 PROCESS

Jan. 15, 2007 - Got married in India

Feb. 02, 2007 - Sent Form I-130 via Certified mail

Feb. 05, 2007 - NSC Receives Form I-130

Feb 07, 2007 - NOA-1

Mar. 15, 2007 - Touched

April. 11, 2007 - Touched

April 17, 2007- Approved!!

May 01, 2007- Touched

NVC Processing of I-130

April 27, 2007- Received by NVC

May 14, 2007- IV Bill and AOS fee bill Generated

May 22, 2007- Sent AOS fee bill

May 27, 2007- Received AOS fee bill in mail

June 11, 2007- Received I-864 package in mail

June 14, 2007- Still no IV bill. Called NVC so that they can resend it.

June 18, 2007- Sent completed I-864 package

June 22, 2007- Still no IV bill

June 25, 2007- Finally Received and Paid the IV bill!!

August 05, 2007- Sent DS-230

August 21, 2007- Case Completed at NVC

August 27, 2007- Case Forwarded to Embassy

October 15, 2007- Interview!! Visa approved!!

October 18, 2007- Visa in hand

October 27, 2007- US arrival!!

Timeline

thank goodness for VJ ! it's nice to know there is someone else in this dark prison cell - somehow it's better than being there alone.

I have had a shave and a spruce up so I look human for the post lady when she arrives in 2 hours time ! come on !

Good tip about them sending another bill after 4 weeks - thanks for that info - 1.5 weeks to go...

The UK mail strike did not help matters. Well anyway this is the last document to receive by snail mail from NVC - so once this one is received it should be much safer.

My pal has a colour printer and is printing me up the IV cover sheet - 3 copies - with the next 3 monday dates after next monday on so I can use whichever is the generation date... I know the blue logo thing isn't really necessary but it will make me feel better...

Thanks folks - we WILL get there !

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
My pal has a colour printer and is printing me up the IV cover sheet - 3 copies - with the next 3 monday dates after next monday on so I can use whichever is the generation date... I know the blue logo thing isn't really necessary but it will make me feel better...

Thanks folks - we WILL get there !

Haha that's BRILLIANT! You are right about it being generated on Mondays so why not generate one for a few possible ones! I will do the same when the time comes. :thumbs:

Good luck and I hope it gets to you shortly!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

My pal has a colour printer and is printing me up the IV cover sheet - 3 copies - with the next 3 monday dates after next monday on so I can use whichever is the generation date...

That's ossumly smart :)

Hope the bill arrives soon!

Timeline (2nd):

5/29/2009 - Filing I-751 Removal of conditions

6/01/2009 - CSC received I-751

6/04/2009 - check cashed (fast!)

6/08/2009 - received I-797C (receipt date 6/01)

6/22/2009 - received Biometrics Appt. Notice

7/01/2009 - received rescheduled Appt. Notice

7/23/2009 - Biometr. Appt.

7/24/2009 - A touch, a touch!

8/20/2009 - APPROVED! Oh, glorious day!

8/25/2009 - Card production e-mail received

8/31/2009 - Card received. Error :(

9/05/2009 - Returned green card with evidence of error & I-90

9/16/2009 - received I-797C (receipt date 9/14)

10/27/2009 - Correct card issued

Timeline
My pal has a colour printer and is printing me up the IV cover sheet - 3 copies - with the next 3 monday dates after next monday on so I can use whichever is the generation date...

That's ossumly smart :)

Hope the bill arrives soon!

No sign today... of course the only way to get it to NVC PObox is by royal mail and they take 6 days or so - so if it comes tomorrow, I can only get it to NVC by next thursday - will that be too late for following Monday generation I wonder - I reckon yes too late - so if its another few days it won't matter as the damage to the timetable is done.

now knufflebeest what do you think of this ?

I don't think I will be allowed to immigrate now because I have been guilty of 'moral turpitude'.

I promised Carolyn I would show her a hedgehog before she went back to the US. Last night I saw one at 3am on my front lawn !

I ran out into the street naked and brought it into the house to show her..she thought I had gone crazy !

If that isn't moral turpitude' then what is ????

hey expand this >> it was just like this..she thought they had em in USA - but they don't

http://www.mark-ju.net/images/hedgehog.jpg

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
Got mine today. Hopefully,yours is coming soon.

heck that warms the cockles of my heart - and there is nothing like having your cockles warmed...

You give me hope

and CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! it would be a total horror if that thing got lost as we can't control it - so you must be very pleased...

no more correspondence with NVC ! only local Embassy ! hooray !

yes I am off to the doctors in the morning and hoping for mail delivery by the time I am home..

It's Carolyn's birthday (and George Bush) tomorrow so it must be the day !

once again - smile !

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

The NVC needs a couple of days to process the bill, so yes ... that particular monday would be lost I fear.

And they don't have hedgehogs in the US? OMG! I was already upset cos I found out this week they have no great tits and blue tits (no jokes about the species name, please, I've been through alllll that with the hubby :wacko: ) and now no hedgehogs either? *sniff*

The squirrels in the US backyard have so much compensating to do ...

I think you are a BRAVE man for picking up such a prickly load in the nude. Seriously, those spikes could do some damage. So 'nay' on turpitude, 'yay' on fortitude ;)

Wish Carolyn a happy birthday from me ... over here it's just 4 hours away :yes:

No sign today... of course the only way to get it to NVC PObox is by royal mail and they take 6 days or so - so if it comes tomorrow, I can only get it to NVC by next thursday - will that be too late for following Monday generation I wonder - I reckon yes too late - so if its another few days it won't matter as the damage to the timetable is done.

I don't think I will be allowed to immigrate now because I have been guilty of 'moral turpitude'.

I promised Carolyn I would show her a hedgehog before she went back to the US. Last night I saw one at 3am on my front lawn !

I ran out into the street naked and brought it into the house to show her..she thought I had gone crazy !

hey expand this >> it was just like this..she thought they had em in USA - but they don't

Timeline (2nd):

Timeline
The NVC needs a couple of days to process the bill, so yes ... that particular monday would be lost I fear.

And they don't have hedgehogs in the US? OMG! I was already upset cos I found out this week they have no great tits and blue tits (no jokes about the species name, please, I've been through alllll that with the hubby :wacko: ) and now no hedgehogs either? *sniff*

The squirrels in the US backyard have so much compensating to do ...

I think you are a BRAVE man for picking up such a prickly load in the nude. Seriously, those spikes could do some damage. So 'nay' on turpitude, 'yay' on fortitude ;)

Wish Carolyn a happy birthday from me ... over here it's just 4 hours away :yes:

She doesn't mind getting a year older but she doesn't like being reminded of George W...that's why she is in the UK - she said she would leave the country if he won...

I won't remind her that his brother is running florida...

Yes it's a shame about the hedgehogs but there will be lots of new animals - alligators for us ! No dashing around the garden starkers with those around ...

Yes IV Bill arrives tomorrow - I know it ! ok it's no to turpitude unless it's that stuff you clean paint brushes in...

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

WOW IT ARRIVED !!!! 2 weeks and 4 days after generation !!!!!

I feel so sorry for people who have theirs lost and have to start with a new one.. it would have cost us an extra month minimum...

I just rushed out and mailed it royal mail 'airsure' which will get there Wednesday latest I reckon... don't know if thats in time for following Tuesday generation of ds230 pack ?

anyone any experience on that ?

Royal Mail just emailed me to say there is another mail strike coming up but I don't give a monkey's because my last form is James type IV DS-230 and I can courier that as it is not to a PO BOX

so my next letter that matters will be from London Embassy hopefully in 4 or 5 or 6 weeks time.... cross fingers !!!!

YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!!! Carolyn and George W's birthday tonight so I am taking her to the 'red cat' to celebrate her's and the iv fee bill ! actually I will tell her it's just her birthday we are celebrating as I am starting to get the hang if this being married stuff !

moresheep400100.jpg

:dance::dance::dance:

Our bill took 6 days to be entered into the system once it had arrived (in St. Louis on June 1st) so three days would be REAL fast but who knows?

Have lots of fun with the celebrations :)

WOW IT ARRIVED !!!! 2 weeks and 4 days after generation !!!!!

I feel so sorry for people who have theirs lost and have to start with a new one.. it would have cost us an extra month minimum...

I just rushed out and mailed it royal mail 'airsure' which will get there Wednesday latest I reckon... don't know if thats in time for following Tuesday generation of ds230 pack ?

anyone any experience on that ?

Royal Mail just emailed me to say there is another mail strike coming up but I don't give a monkey's because my last form is James type IV DS-230 and I can courier that as it is not to a PO BOX

so my next letter that matters will be from London Embassy hopefully in 4 or 5 or 6 weeks time.... cross fingers !!!!

YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!!! Carolyn and George W's birthday tonight so I am taking her to the 'red cat' to celebrate her's and the iv fee bill ! actually I will tell her it's just her birthday we are celebrating as I am starting to get the hang if this being married stuff !

Timeline (2nd):

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.