gborghesi

Which documents to bring to N400 interview under 3 years rule

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi VisaJourney friends,

I have been scheduled for a N400 interview at the end of June. As per topic title, I applied under the 3 years rule - I am the spouse of a USC. I was wondering which documents I should bring with me to the interview. The interview notice letter specifically asks for the green card, passport, marriage certificate and proof of my spouse citizenship. It also mentions that I should bring to the interview the originals of the documents used as evidence with my N400 application. I read in other threads that other users brought additional evidence, such as their most recent tax returns. Any advice on what I should bring? To give you some context:

- I filed the N400 concurrently with the I-751 petition;

- my I-751 petition received an RFIE last month. I replied to the RFIE on May 20th and the petition was approved without the need for an interview.

Thanks in advance for your advices!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Good morning

I submitted in my application the following and will bring these to my interview next week. I am filing under 3 year rule but no I-751

- tax transcripts for past 5 years including current year. Yes I know I only need 3 years however I download them every year anyway

- citation for speeding ticket (2003 & 2016) and proof of payment / court disposition. 
- my USC wife’s passport and birth certificate 

- our kid’s birth certificates. 
- marriage certificate. 
- my own passport and GC

- summary of foreign travel to and from the US for past 5 years. I also placed little tabs in my passport so the IO can quickly reference my summary to actual stamps within the passport.

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, Godobo said:

@gborghesi, what documents did you upload with your N-400 when applying ? 
Thanks 

I sent the documents specified in the N400 documents checklist - https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/attachments.pdf: specifically, tax transcripts, leases, copies of my wife birth certificate and passport and of my green card.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello, 

Bring whatever documents you submitted along with the N400 form. If you submitted copies, bring the original to the interview. Also bring updated / most recent version of submitted documents (i.e. most recent tax, photos, etc.) when applicable. 

Since your I751 was approved i don't think you need to bring anything related to it, but on the side of caution I would bring a copy of whatever submitted for I751. 

I had a combo interview in LA, I was only asked if I have any additional documents during my I751 portion of the interview. My N400 was VERY easy and smooth. I was only asked the 6 civic questions, reading/writing test, the yes/no question, confirm the ID/contact detail, read the oath and that's it. 

Good luck! You're almost done!

J/G

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.