Ana A

I got the other notifications in the mail but not the NOA regarding the AOS Application

7 posts in this topic

Hello.. On May 14th i got emails and text messages saying my case was accepted and within 7-10 days I would get the notification in the mail. Just yesterday I got 2 letters which are the NOA for the Application for Employment Authorization and for Travel Document but I didnt get the letter regarding the main form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status). Should I worry? Does that letter take more time? According to the emails, I thought they would send everything together. Ive had a really bad experience with the US Postal Service so Im afraid they lost that letter. Thanks.

Edited by Ana A

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hi Ana! 

I know this doesn't answer your question, but could please tell me when did the USCIS receive your application in the mail? 

I haven't received my NOA so I'm curious to see how long it took for you to receive it (even if it's just the text message/email and other documents for now). 

Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hassan Raza said:

Hi Ana! 

I know this doesn't answer your question, but could please tell me when did the USCIS receive your application in the mail? 

I haven't received my NOA so I'm curious to see how long it took for you to receive it (even if it's just the text message/email and other documents for now). 

Thanks! 

Just chiming in: Have you found the AOS Filing and Progress subforum? You should get a pretty good idea of timelines comparable to yours in one of these threads:

Or, filter the timeline database by NOA date.

Hope this helps!

Previous Visas

Spoiler

08/2016 - 09/2017: J-1 Student

07/2018 - 07/2019: J-1 Intern

04/2019: Employer files for H-1B visa

07/2019: Did not make the H-1B lottery

08/2019 - 03/2021: K-1 visa pains during Covid

AOS

Spoiler

2021-05-01: *** Married ***

2021-05-22: AOS packet sent (AOS/EAD/AP)

2021-05-24: AOS packet received

2021-06-10: Text messages received

2021-06-11: Check cashed

2021-06-15: NOAs received in the mail

2021-08-31: Biometrics appointment letter received (dated 8/21/21 for Phoenix ASC)

2021-09-17: Bio appointment

2021-09-25: Online status updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

2021-10-04: Interview appointment letter in the mail (dated 9/28/21, sent 9/30/21)

2021-10-07: Online status updated to "Interview was scheduled on 10/5/21"

2021-11-02: AOS Interview, result: recommended for approval

2021-11-02: Online status changed to "New Card is being produced"

2021-11-03: Case was approved

2021-11-05: New Card was mailed

2021-11-08: Card picked up by USPS

2021-11-09: Green Card in hand :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jöla said:

Just chiming in: Have you found the AOS Filing and Progress subforum? You should get a pretty good idea of timelines comparable to yours in one of these threads:

Or, filter the timeline database by NOA date.

Hope this helps!

Yeah and you could also update yout timeline. It helps you and others more than asking one by one about their progress regarding NOAs. Just check similar timelines and you'll get more info. 

4 hours ago, Hassan Raza said:

Hi Ana! 

Thanks! 

Have you tracked your package? We sent the application back in April 3rd but I guess Im not the best example because we had several problems on the way starting with the fact USPS was unable to provide us with tracking information about the package so we thought it was lost at first. Long story short, it was delivered but with delay. So my advise is try not to use USPS for important mail at least. Also did you add that short form to receive a text message and email notification? This way you can know way sooner before the actual NOA in the mail. Im still waiting for that one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.