CinnaBrat1

Notice of Readiness to U.S. Dublin Embassy in parallel to Medical Appointment

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I had a query which I hope you will be able to provide your opinion/advice based on similar or shared experiences. There are mixed reviews and responses online so I'm hoping that maybe I will get a resolution here. In terms of Notice of Readiness, I understand it needs to be sent AFTER we have all the documents in possession including the sealed Medical Report. However, in the current instance I wanted to know since we have all the documents with us (birth certificate, police certificate, etc.) and the medical is scheduled for June, can we still go ahead and provide Notice of Readiness and have atleast the interview date finalised? I will have to physically pick up my medical report but there is an option which I checked with the hospital that if there is a scheduled interview, they can courier the sealed report directly to the embassy. In Ireland, the consulate doesn't have a provision of electronic report to them and that's why I can't opt for it.

I would really appreciate your advise if we can send the Notice of Readiness now and get the interview date for June from the embassy or should I wait to get my medical done, report in hand and then write?

(Also fellow Ireland members, if you can also advise how much was the time between you submitting your notice of readiness & the actual date of the interview, again I understand with the current situation, it would be quite peculiar)

Thank you & kind regards

Edited by CinnaBrat1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello! I am in the same situation, I understood the notice of readiness will be submitted after the medical examination. Mine is June too. I wished we had the chance to book the visa interview in the meanwhile. I emailed the embassy for further clarification, I will let you know if I get an answer. 

37 minutes ago, Liagiu said:

Hello! I am in the same situation, I understood the notice of readiness will be submitted after the medical examination. Mine is June too. I wished we had the chance to book the visa interview in the meanwhile. I emailed the embassy for further clarification, I will let you know if I get an answer. 

Thank you for responding. Really appreciate it. That would be great if you could please let me know. Isn't it a pity? The only reason I didn't book Medical in advance was because things were so delayed and I wasn't sure when will we get our K3 packet and I didn't want to redo it. I hope you get a response soon.

Timeline
1 minute ago, CinnaBrat1 said:

Thank you for responding. Really appreciate it. That would be great if you could please let me know. Isn't it a pity? The only reason I didn't book Medical in advance was because things were so delayed and I wasn't sure when will we get our K3 packet and I didn't want to redo it. I hope you get a response soon.

I just called and the automated voice said to call the customer service for Visa related questions. I called them and the person told me they do not know about it, and advices to call the embassy. However when I call the embassy there are no further instructions from the recorded voice - just to contact the customer service or write an email 🤦🏻‍♀️ I already emailed them, let’s wait for a response🤞🏻

Timeline

Embassy answer:

Thank you for your email. Applicants must have their medical results in their possession before submitting their notice of readiness. Please refer to your fiancée immigrant visa packet for guidance.

It makes me a bit sad but at least we know for sure now. 

1 hour ago, Liagiu said:

Embassy answer:

Thank you for your email. Applicants must have their medical results in their possession before submitting their notice of readiness. Please refer to your fiancée immigrant visa packet for guidance.

Thanks for letting me know. Aaah! Its so sad and kinda feels like wastage of time. But as you said, atleast now we know for sure. If you don't mind me asking, when is your medical at Mater? We might need to ensure they send the results soon as we need to pick the results ourselves from there.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, CinnaBrat1 said:

Thanks for letting me know. Aaah! Its so sad and kinda feels like wastage of time. But as you said, atleast now we know for sure. If you don't mind me asking, when is your medical at Mater? We might need to ensure they send the results soon as we need to pick the results ourselves from there.

It will be on June 29th, what about yours? They do not send the package directly to the embassy right? 

2 minutes ago, Liagiu said:

It will be on June 29th, what about yours? They do not send the package directly to the embassy right? 

2 minutes ago, Liagiu said:

No they don't! we need to go and collect them.I  have mine on 11 June! Hopefully, the next phase of wait would end soon!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, CinnaBrat1 said:

No they don't! we need to go and collect them.I  have mine on 11 June! Hopefully, the next phase of wait would end soon!

I hope so! We are so close to the end of this process, best of luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
16 hours ago, Liagiu said:

Embassy answer:

Hi! I have read it from the review here that they had the interview scheduled before they did the medical.  
"My medical appointment was after the interview, which she confirmed was alright. " -, " She reiterated to upload the tax documents as soon as possible, and to send the passport via courier as soon as the medical is completed. ",  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=368129 

Maybe you can also ask them, or visit their profile.. they might be able to help you :)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, strwbrysky said:

Hi! I have read it from the review here that they had the interview scheduled before they did the medical.  
"My medical appointment was after the interview, which she confirmed was alright. " -, " She reiterated to upload the tax documents as soon as possible, and to send the passport via courier as soon as the medical is completed. ",  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=368129 

Maybe you can also ask them, or visit their profile.. they might be able to help you :)

Hello, thank you! However I see they applied for a IR-1/CR-1 Visa. Maybe it works differently for K1. 

Timeline
Just now, Liagiu said:

Hello, thank you! However I see they applied for a IR-1/CR-1 Visa. Maybe it works differently for K1. 

I see. I'm sorry I missed that! 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I applied through Dublin for my K1 visa. I had my medical on the 20th of May, and received my medical report on the 2nd of June. I filed the notification of readiness on the same day, and was e-mailed the next day with an interview scheduled for the 10th. My advice would be not to take the risk, and wait until you have everything, I imagine it would look pretty bad if you told them you had your medical report and then tried to change your interview date. Best of luck!

Timeline
12 hours ago, JT1990 said:

I applied through Dublin for my K1 visa. I had my medical on the 20th of May, and received my medical report on the 2nd of June. I filed the notification of readiness on the same day, and was e-mailed the next day with an interview scheduled for the 10th. My advice would be not to take the risk, and wait until you have everything, I imagine it would look pretty bad if you told them you had your medical report and then tried to change your interview date. Best of luck!

Thank you for sharing this, the timeline is helpful! It’s nice to see that you have been provided with an interview right after the notice of readiness.

Edited by Liagiu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.